Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

I'm a big fan of Wes Morgan but Huth is our best out-and-out defender and Maguire brings so much to the side with his passing and attacking threat. For me Huth / Maguire would probably be our best CB pairing in terms of balance but it's a big call to relegate Wes to the bench. 

If Huth is fit again and with Wes copping a bad injury then we might finally get to see our strongest pairing.

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I may be completely wrong on this but my take on his injury was not that it was especially serious, but more that after the operation complications set ie infection? Will have lost a lot of fitness but has been training a little while now.

When fit I saw him as our best centre half. He gave Morgan confidence when he came and is imo the better of the two. He's a stopper. Problems arouse when he was required to do things he couldn't when trying to compensate for a weak midfield. Hopefully we have that covered a bit more now. His steadfastness would provide good cover for Maguires forays forward and the latter would learn some invaluable defensive lessons from him just as Morgan did. The very best of luck on his comeback.

Agree if he’s the same huth as before the injury, I have commented something similar on another thread.

Personally would prefer the maguire/ huth partnership, than maguire/ Morgan, but again fingers crossed it the huth of before 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

It's a shame he's missed so much of the season, I'm sure he'll have a role to play between now and the end of the season. He's a good organizer and an excellent defender and worth keeping on even if only for backup next season.

He’s out of contract in the summer I believe, if we are prepared to give James and Leo a contract extension, I would be more than happy to give huth a 12 month extension, and see his career out here.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Surprising in a 6-1 win really.

Yes, it was made all the more difficult for him by Spurs having 2 players sent off....not a good enough performance to bring him to the top of the team selection list imo.

Wouldn't have stayed up in the great escape season without him, let alone win the title. Will he be as good when come back from injury? Who knows? What's the rush to write him off?

• Like 4

He’s always been slow but made up for it with his anticipation and positioning but it’s concerning that with a bad injury at his age he might be finished at our level. I love Huth, colossal man as well as an outstanding signing and in no way am I diminishing him but I’m not hopeful. Especially considering that we don’t play quite as deep nowadays and Huth’s not particularly composed on the ball.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Write Huth off at your peril. He's an absolute monster of a man, one of the very best centre backs the club has ever had and his chapter in the Leicester City Story has not quite finished yet.

Cheers Rob :schmike:

• 2 months later...