Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

If he is not staying on I'd like to see the following happen - A joint Kingy & Huth testimonial. Nowadays it's more about recognition and appreciation than keeping the ticket money so nominate a charidy each, Kingys all time team mates vs Huth's (Chelsea, Boro, Stoke). I hear you say, he's only been here 3 1/2 years and we can't give testimonials to every one of our league winners - well I think we can if they're at or close to the end of their career. This would probably mean Morgan & Fuchs next year too but it's a long time since we sat in the stands on a mild summer evening squinting our eyes asking "whodafuxat" as a former reserves brother gets a ten minute cameo. Hopefully Wasilewski would be involved and if fitness permits Matty Fryatt could appear for Kings side (recently retired). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

I hope we let him take a free kick.

One of the most important signings in the last few years.

I think the most important signing. The catalyst for the great escape.

Without that it would have been another championship and not a premier title. Morgan is twice the player with Huth at his side marshaling him and the rest of the defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While it would be nice for Huth to get one last game, it just goes to show that Puel doesn't really give a shit about what happens between now and the end of the season - you put your strongest side out for every game and aim to win every game. Huth is 4th choice at best right now.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I think the most important signing. The catalyst for the great escape.

Without that it would have been another championship and not a premier title. Morgan is twice the player with Huth at his side marshaling him and the rest of the defense.

Absolutely spot-on!  

Should never be forgotten how the fortunes of our football club changed changed so dramatically the day Robert Huth joined us!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

While it would be nice for Huth to get one last game, it just goes to show that Puel doesn't really give a shit about what happens between now and the end of the season - you put your strongest side out for every game and aim to win every game. Huth is 4th choice at best right now.

Have you even thought Vichai may have said fit him in for a game so the fans can say good bye.

Ffs our seasons over the remaining games are about next season not this season so give Huth his send off.

Or is your post more of a Puel out post.

54 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Have you even thought Vichai may have said fit him in for a game so the fans can say good bye.

Ffs our seasons over the remaining games are about next season not this season so give Huth his send off.

Or is your post more of a Puel out post.

I'm unashamedly in the Puel out camp, I think he's a waste of space and absolutely the wrong man for this club.

To your point about Vichai - if that's true, the chairman shouldn't be interfering and the manager shouldn't be listening. And you're right, these last games are important and all about setting the tone for next season, and the message from Puel is 'meh, doesn't really matter that much'. Says a lot about him if you ask me.

He has to at least be on the bench for Arsenal or West Ham. I could understand that Shakespeare was chasing a top half finish and Wasyl not getting a final bow was sad enough, but I'd be really sad if Huth doesn't get a send off. Even just chuck him up front in stoppage time or start him so that he can be brought off to a standing ovation. I'd genuinely forgotten how much he's done for this team. Would love him to deliver one last elbow to Arnautovic or Ramsey.

Edited by RonnieTodger

26 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I'm unashamedly in the Puel out camp, I think he's a waste of space and absolutely the wrong man for this club.

To your point about Vichai - if that's true, the chairman shouldn't be interfering and the manager shouldn't be listening. And you're right, these last games are important and all about setting the tone for next season, and the message from Puel is 'meh, doesn't really matter that much'. Says a lot about him if you ask me.

If our chairman was interfering with the first game of the season I would agree.

However I have no problem in him showing a player some respect at this point in the season.

• Like 1

Love the bloke. He's got to get on the pitch before the end of the season- it would be such a shame if he played his last game for us a year ago and didn't get a proper send off.

Time to relive this moment again, I reckon. Probably my favourite header of all time;  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the season pans out the way it is looking at the moment then i don't see how anyone could have a problem with back fours for the last two games of:

vs West Ham (H) : Fuchs Huth Morgan Simpson

vs Spurs (A \ Wembley): Chilwell Maguire Hughes Johnson

Give the legends of the past a big send off at home and the future a chance at a big ground. 

Of course when we then win the home game 3-0 and lose 6-1 away questions may be asked...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

This is the Robert Huth thread.

Nevertheless, do you seriously think that Puel is in the football management game, at the most senior level in world football (perhaps barring Spain and its three super clubs), having the "meh" attitude?

Says a lot about you rather than Puel, if you honestly believe that he can afford not to take this job with the utmost sincerity and seriousness.

It's this dismissive and cynical attitude that I find so disappointing - and, as ever, you and the many voices disparaging Puel, never take it further than that. Just a "meh" dismissal of a bloke who's trying his best -  why tf would he be here if he didn't want to succeed - money?

Of course he's here because of money, do you think it's always been his dream to live and work in Leicester and manage Leicester City? Yeah, we won the league, but we're hardly an attractive, fashionable football club.

I'm not suggesting that he hasn't taken games seriously in the past - I'm sure he's gone out to try and win games and achieve as much as possible. The attitude I'm referring to is that now that we're safe and we've basically blown any chance of getting into Europe, it seems that he isn't really interested in what happens for the rest of the season - regardless of the fact that fans will still be paying to go and watch the team. Talking about playing a 4th choice central defender who hasn't made an appearance all season sums it up for me. Some might say it's to do with giving Huth a good send off, but managers aren't supposed to be driven by emotion, they're supposed to be driven by a desire to win and succeed. What does Puel care about Huth anyway? Like I said, he hasn't played him all season anyway.

Puel should be looking at these games as an opportunity to impose his playing style on the squad and get the side prepared for next season, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in doing that, and I think that's a mistake. If he goes on to rebuild the squad and perform well next season, I'll happily eat my words, but in my view he's still got an awful lot to prove - he's living off a good start which has quickly evaporated, leaving stale and boring football with poor results to match. According to Geoff Peters he told the players the first half against Southampton was 'the perfect half' - is he joking? The perfect half is one where you score zero goals against a team battling relegation? Where's his ambition? Where's the desire? He's coasting at the moment - he needs to get a grip on things, and quickly, because if we start next season like we've ended this one then he'll be gone by the end of September and we'll have wasted another summer transfer window and we'll be back to square one.

21 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Love the bloke. He's got to get on the pitch before the end of the season- it would be such a shame if he played his last game for us a year ago and didn't get a proper send off.

Time to relive this moment again, I reckon. Probably my favourite header of all time;  

Typical Harry kane looking to join in on the celebration. 

He'll be taking credit for the goal next! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...