Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Silva Lining

4 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Is Rudkin gay? Nothing wrong if so, but he keeps signing us bloody good looking blokes. I bet he was behind the Matty James contract extension, too. 

Might explain the signing of this guy:

images-202.jpg.8b2487f8a306fa02e7c0515d17284eb8.jpg

Wasn't for his footballing ability that's for sure.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, M0901 said:

Someone at my old job really fancied him. Never quite understood why...

A brooding, menancing charm. And in a bar fight, who do you want? Someone screaming "please don't touch my face" or someone swinging beer glasses? It's slim everytime. She's clearly thought this through.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He only had a brief cameo but I was hugely impressed with his attitude. He literally got stuck in straight away and made a number of tackles. Given his predicament it would be so easy to just be casual and not take any risks, but his attitude seemed like he was buzzing to play and wanted to show us what he could do. 

The club are famous for signing players with certain mental characteristics and Silva looks like another player with the right attitude!

Same here.

He strikes me as someone who reads the game and opponent's movements very well and knows when to stretch the leg and get the ball. His tackles were all clean. Calm and composed, not afraid of having the ball.

I sincerely hope to see him in action with Iborra, Mahrez, Ndidi and Vardy/Slim. That would look class.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

A brooding, menancing charm. And in a bar fight, who do you want? Someone screaming "please don't touch my face" or someone swinging beer glasses? It's slim everytime. She's clearly thought this through.

That would only would only work if Slim drank.. which he doesn't

Watch behind the coach what happens when you pour champagne on him 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Looked lost yesterday against Fleetwood.. 

Looks a bit lightweight and might struggle with the physicality of PL football.. 

Just initial thoughts,  that's all .. but he hasn't the stature I was expecting? 

His best aspect yesterday was getting stuck in and harassing, closing down etc. The game was just shite. Useless hoofs from both sides. Not the game for Silva I'm afraid.

Edit: Also, you don't need to be big to play PL football. He'll pass it round all the big ****ers.

Edited by Slim Dog

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Looks a bit lightweight and might struggle with the physicality of PL football.. 

Just initial thoughts,  that's all .. but he hasn't the stature I was expecting? 

Think he was playing CAM and we were just hoofing  it so he had no impact.

Need to see him in a 2 next to NDidi. 

Edited by foxes21

We missed Maguire threading quality passes to midfielders, calm and composed. I would love to sit Benny down with a DVD of the game and ask "What the hell were you trying to do with that ball? If they're trying something and it doesn't come off because an opponent read it and cut it off or a team mate didn't read it and didn't make the expected run then fair enough but even allowing for a couple of bobbles and mis-kicks some of Bennys defied any logic, under no pressure hoofing the ball off the pitch or to their keeper.

It seemed to be a hot potato in a crowded central area, first half looked more 4-5-1 than 4-3-3 as we struggled to link midfield with Slimani. No one seemed to have any time on the ball and seemed happy to play the simplist (backwards and sideways) balls and say my jobs done, I didn't lose it rather than puff out their chest and say we're not making any progress here we need to drive forwards and take more risks. That would be my main criticism of the three in there that their mentality didn't seem to change once we'd settled in there was no sense of a desire for stepping it up a gear and turning the screw.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Unlike you to be negative about LCFC

He will come good don't you worry about that

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Kante didn’t do too bad 

On 1/3/2018 at 13:14, Suzie the Fox said:

What’s a grade a spunk. :o

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

slick fast penetrative brand of attacking football. 

Is this to be the way of all Silva threads?  :sweating: