Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanity

What does LC need to become a top-6 side?

16 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Referring to our club as LC and using the singular rather than the plural makes it difficult for me to attempt to read any of the rest you wrote.

"What does LC need..."

Really?

Brad Bobley is in the house.

This a foul Americanism that people have just passively accepted. 

People say 'Leicester City is...' in one breath and 'we' in the next. It's infuriating. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Double the investment.

in particular:

• 2 clappers per chair
  • 2 beers per match
  • 2 doughnuts
  • double length scarves
  • double height jester/santa hats

If we're gonna have 2 free beers per game we'll higher capacity loo's too. It's hard enough getting a half time pee as it is!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Referring to our club as LC and using the singular rather than the plural makes it difficult for me to attempt to read any of the rest you wrote.

"What does LC need..."

Really?

Riyad Mahrez scores on Huddersfield

• Haha 1

Belief, confidence,...want, care and the players  individuals needs and targets..set alot higher than 6th..

Not accepting, the scraps that so called biggies leave behind, club not accepting or believing, that any present player

at anytime, can improve their silverware potential elswhere....

We've been there before....innit..!!

Sell the dead wood in the squad as soon as possible.

Ulloa should've gone before now for sure, but the club for some reason decided to extend his contract, whilst Musa's opportunities now appear very limited.

Promote the best indivuals from the academy to the first-team squad and let them, whilst very young, learn from the likes of Vardy, Silva, Morgan etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sell the dead wood in the squad as soon as possible.

Ulloa should've gone before now for sure, but the club for some reason decided to extend his contract, whilst Musa's opportunities now appear very limited.

Promote the best indivuals from the academy to the first-team squad and let them, whilst very young, learn from the likes of Vardy, Silva, Morgan etc.

I believe we are not far off.  We will finish 7th or 8th this year. What we need to do is to have more options and a deeper squad... not just a starting 11.  

We will need to buy proven quality players. ... clearly we have wasted money on some signings.  This is our biggest barrier.

Imo many players struggle with the speed snd physicality of the pl.  We should not buy any foreign players who lack a great first touch ... to buy time. .. and the strength to play in the pl.  We can onky bring in 2 or 3 a year. We have to irradicate mistakes.

Lastly we must make it plain to players and agents that we will not sell unless both parties are happy . We pay good wages and we expect our players to honour their contracts.  Simple

On 1/3/2018 at 17:53, Vacamion said:

"What does LC need..."

Really?

Using the singular when referring to a collective noun is a standard in the States and a language rule that make more sense. You're welcome.

The original post was a well laid-out and though-out; shame you wouldn't read it because you're being petty.

But you really showed the OP!

• Like 1

On 03/01/2018 at 23:33, psychonaut said:

About £200 million, twice the wage bill and to move the ground to either London or Manchester.

I was thinking this.  In the last 10 seasons, a team from outside London/North West has finished in the top 6 six times, including our title win.  Villa managed 6th three times in a row, Newcastle grabbed a 5th in 11/12 and then Southampton finished 6th when we won it.

It seems common that young millionaires with lots of spare time prefer city life to living in the sticks and has to be a factor when it comes to big signings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Using the singular when referring to a collective noun is a standard in the States and a language rule that make more sense. You're welcome.

The original post was a well laid-out and though-out; shame you wouldn't read it because you're being petty.

But you really showed the OP!

I know about North Americans mangling our language in this way with such incorrect usage and I have posted about it in here before.

It's wrong.

Just because a big continent 3,000 miles away thinks it's right, and you think it's right, doesn't make it right.

And taking the time to call me petty might, by some, be construed as pettier.

But enjoy your weekend, by all means.

14 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know about North Americans mangling our language in this way with such incorrect usage and I have posted about it in here before.

It's wrong.

Just because a big continent 3,000 miles away thinks it's right, and you think it's right, doesn't make it right.

That's not the reason why anyone thinks it's right, smart guy.

Thank you for the genuine line about my weekend.

Don't want to be a top six side, so much as wanting a premier league where any team can become a top six side by playing consistently good football without fear that one of a cartel of six clubs will simply come and buy away your best players. Would love to have a more open league, but you have to go back to the 70s or 80s really.

12 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It's wrong.

Way to go, bud!

58 minutes ago, Buce said:

Don't be obtuse.

They don't even speak English in Glasgow. :P

My Leicester-born nephew, when he was about 8, complimented my Scottish wife on having learned English so well, and asked her at what age she started learning it at school.

• Haha 2

Finishing 7th and qualifying for the Europa League would be a start.

It isn't gonna happen overnight so going forward we need to consistently be challenging for Europe and perhaps the odd domestic cups.

Once that stability comes in we become an attractive proposition for new players to come to.

From that we can then build further and look towards breaking the top 6. Arsenal and Liverpool would be the most likely teams we'd replace imo, as although they've always been considered as part of the big 6, it has been a long time since either of them were a genuine force.

We need to keep slimani and play him especially against the lower half teams, For as good as Vardy is if you look at his record against the teams with less quality it isn't as good as it is for the better teams. also he makes us quite predictable in the way we play. bottom half teams sit back i think slimani given a run of games would be more effective.

Competition at rb, a new young cb if the right one were to become available.

And most of all as everybody else as said bring in a coach to work on defending set pieces it is a real weakness which is costing use dear and has been for a long time now. most of the back four will be replaced over the next couple of seasons this may solve the problem but i think this need to be worked on as our top priority now. you can only defend set pieces effectively as a unit so replacing players is not the answer coaching is.