Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:


A giraffe dog looking at the length of his legs Debs .. ¬† ūüėĀ

 

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d guess a staffie and whippet 

Thanks both. He's a rescue from the town in Spain we are moving to, we should be rehoming him soon after we move. Him and his brothers and sisters were all abandoned, tied to the gates of the rescue centre :(, Spain seems to be so different to the UK and how we feel about our dogs. We'd guessed at greyhound/whippet being in there somewhere but hadn't noticed the likeness to Staffie until Costock pointed it out, not a bad couple of breeds to mix if that's the case. We're going to name him Frank.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

 

Thanks both. He's a rescue from the town in Spain we are moving to, we should be rehoming him soon after we move. Him and his brothers and sisters were all abandoned, tied to the gates of the rescue centre :(, Spain seems to be so different to the UK and how we feel about our dogs. We'd guessed at greyhound/whippet being in there somewhere but hadn't noticed the likeness to Staffie until Costock pointed it out, not a bad couple of breeds to mix if that's the case. We're going to name him Frank.


He‚Äôs lovely Debs .. ¬†but in view of where you are going maybe you could call him Franco .. ¬† Frank for short .. ¬†ūüėĀ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:


He‚Äôs lovely Debs .. ¬†but in view of where you are going maybe you could call him Franco .. ¬† Frank for short .. ¬†ūüėĀ

Maybe Wortho instead then? I'm hoping Frank will be ok with the natives, I think Franco might see us moving on fairly rapidly :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waddadamadda said:

@FoxesDebcould he be a Podenco/Ibizan Hound cross or something similar? 

Quite possibly, I've heard the word Podenco, but didn't realise it was actually a breed of dog! I'll do a bit of research though, thank you. I'd ideally like an idea of how big he might eventually get, although as @Countryfoxpointed out we may be looking at a long term giraffe! 

 

The rescue centre haven't been much help really, you would think they would be able to give us some idea. We're not too bothered, we're happy to give him a new home, but like I say it would be good just to have a general idea :D Thanks again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's funny you say that :D

 

 

Fudge 3.jpg

There must be greyhound/Whippet, somewhere in his DNA but like @Costock_Fox suggests  a Staffi,I cant see it...!!

The jaws/head/body/legs not robust enough...

Short haired Saluki-Collie. Maybe,!! 

Perhaps Pointer.!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

There must be greyhound/Whippet, somewhere in his DNA but like @Costock_Fox suggests  a Staffi,I cant see it...!!

The jaws/head/body/legs not robust enough...

Short haired Saluki-Collie. Maybe,!! 

Perhaps Pointer.!

 

 

 

Saluki could be a good shout tbf, if we're talking Southern Spain it's certainly the right part of the world roughly speaking.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what breeds may have been crossed here please? He's about 12 weeks old

Fudge 1.jpg

Looks like there could be some Basenji in there. Particularly with the markings and the shape of the head

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Quite possibly, I've heard the word Podenco, but didn't realise it was actually a breed of dog! I'll do a bit of research though, thank you. I'd ideally like an idea of how big he might eventually get, although as @Countryfoxpointed out we may be looking at a long term giraffe! 

 

The rescue centre haven't been much help really, you would think they would be able to give us some idea. We're not too bothered, we're happy to give him a new home, but like I say it would be good just to have a general idea :D Thanks again 

Well if it helps, my Romanian rescue is part tw*t so.......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2020 at 15:29, Samilktray said:

Been looking at puppies this week as I don’t think any of us can be without a dog, everywhere feels empty. When did the prices sky rocket? Looking at almost 2k for a beagle, we paid 600ish last time round which seemed the going rate 10 years ago 

Have you considered a rescue?  There are always a lot of dogs needing a new home.  Both of mine were rescues and turned out to be wonderful dogs.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

My neighbour has a very sweet rescue Beagle.  They drove to Wales to pick her up.

Wales is where so many puppy farms are located, maybe they rescued her from one of those? We rescued our Beagle from one, she was used as a breeding dog.  I'm sure if people saw what these puppy farms looked like they wouldn't go near a puppy from anything other than a proven family breeder, the conditions the breeding dogs are kept in are absolutely horrific. Unfortunately so many people pass themselves off as 'family' breeders and the farms keep going :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2020 at 17:19, FoxesDeb said:

 

Thanks both. He's a rescue from the town in Spain we are moving to, we should be rehoming him soon after we move. Him and his brothers and sisters were all abandoned, tied to the gates of the rescue centre :(, Spain seems to be so different to the UK and how we feel about our dogs. We'd guessed at greyhound/whippet being in there somewhere but hadn't noticed the likeness to Staffie until Costock pointed it out, not a bad couple of breeds to mix if that's the case. We're going to name him Frank.

 

Our girl Rosie (that's her on the right) has the same story.  She was tied to the railings one night at Leicester Animal Aid in Huncote with a note around her neck saying 'moving to Devon, no room for dog'.

 

Apparently she howled the place down and luckily people stay overnight there so they took her in else she might have hung herself,they told us.  She even made the Mercury which is how we found out about her,

 

585545984_IMG_20200326_154028500(1).thumb.jpg.7d13dcfdae8afd2d368838b5c3332e1e.jpg

 

 

Talking of rescues, I have been following an American rescue place called This Is Houston.  In particular the plight of Jake the husky (they think) a dog that was as bad as it is possible to be without actually being dead.  His organs were shutting down when they got to him but this organisation spares no expense, they take hopeless cases at death's door and throw the kitchen sink at them.  I have been watching Jake's progress on facebook which is updated daily and he's now at a foster home and starting to really make progress.  Heartwarming stuff and well worth checking out.

 

This is Jake after having made great progress believe it or not.

 

126058609_793746451471831_7278120461932595072_n.thumb.jpg.0ba3b5c26f34ddf184c7ca298640119e.jpg125818633_793746488138494_6640624867828843134_n.thumb.jpg.60aa9effb190cbcd8d52e716a400b35d.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, murphy said:

 

Our girl Rosie (that's her on the right) has the same story.  She was tied to the railings one night at Leicester Animal Aid in Huncote with a note around her neck saying 'moving to Devon, no room for dog'.

 

Apparently she howled the place down and luckily people stay overnight there so they took her in else she might have hung herself,they told us.  She even made the Mercury which is how we found out about her,

 

585545984_IMG_20200326_154028500(1).thumb.jpg.7d13dcfdae8afd2d368838b5c3332e1e.jpg

 

 

Talking of rescues, I have been following an American rescue place called This Is Houston.  In particular the plight of Jake the husky (they think) a dog that was as bad as it is possible to be without actually being dead.  His organs were shutting down when they got to him but this organisation spares no expense, they take hopeless cases at death's door and throw the kitchen sink at them.  I have been watching Jake's progress on facebook which is updated daily and he's now at a foster home and starting to really make progress.  Heartwarming stuff and well worth checking out.

 

This is Jake after having made great progress believe it or not.

 

126058609_793746451471831_7278120461932595072_n.thumb.jpg.0ba3b5c26f34ddf184c7ca298640119e.jpg125818633_793746488138494_6640624867828843134_n.thumb.jpg.60aa9effb190cbcd8d52e716a400b35d.jpg

 

She's beautiful :) Sometimes these things seem meant to be don't they? We had been told that Frank was the last of the puppies to be rehomed, and that all his brothers and sisters had gone, but for some reason Zorro wasn't taken either, and the more we thought about it we just couldn't leave him behind, besides I think they'll be happier together.

 

I've just had a look at the Facebook page, I couldn't bring myself to open the first video of Jake it looks so awful, but the progress he is making is amazing, and in such a short space of time! It's mind boggling how people can allow animals to get in that kind of state. I'll definitely follow him, and the others now.

 

My husband saw me looking and said 'oi, no more'! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

She's beautiful :) Sometimes these things seem meant to be don't they? We had been told that Frank was the last of the puppies to be rehomed, and that all his brothers and sisters had gone, but for some reason Zorro wasn't taken either, and the more we thought about it we just couldn't leave him behind, besides I think they'll be happier together.

 

I've just had a look at the Facebook page, I couldn't bring myself to open the first video of Jake it looks so awful, but the progress he is making is amazing, and in such a short space of time! It's mind boggling how people can allow animals to get in that kind of state. I'll definitely follow him, and the others now.

 

My husband saw me looking and said 'oi, no more'! 

Good luck with your two and the big move.  They look like a pair of handsome rascals.

 

As for Jake, it is nice to follow the progress of these lost causes.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him happy and restored to the dog that he was meant to be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...