Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Who's your current favourite player?

Mahrez. Not sure I've enjoyed watching an individual play for us as much as do him. Then Vardy. He's a very pure footballer. Put him at left back and he'd do a job. Then Okazaki, very underrated player who often makes the whole team tick. One of those rare players who almost never has a bad game.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

Good thread.

As many have said there are very few players not genuinely liked/loved which is fairly rare in modern football when players earn obscene amounts of money, far removed from the average fan. 

Personally my 3 would be: 

1) Mahrez - the most gifted, genius man I have seen pull on the  shirt in my time supporting. (First game 1986). Will only truly be appreciated once he has gone. Baffles me when people criticise probably the best ever player to pull on the shirt for his failure sometimes to track back.

2) A close second would be Vardy. Without doubt a Leicester legend who’s story and contribution to the title win will never be forgotten. Been basically our focal point for the golden spell in history. Cherry on the cake was turning down a top 4 move to stay.

3) As an ex centre half, always had a soft spot for defenders (Walsh, Elliott). So my number 3 would be Morgan. As a signing history will show him to be one of the best transfers in our history. The skipper for the titke win and service to the club has been outstanding. Will genuinely be gutted when he leaves the club.

i often think about popularity of current players compared to previous favourites of mine. You obviously have favourites as a kid and mine were Tommy Wright, Steve Walsh, Mark Draper, Matt Elliott, Neil Lennon. But as an adult it is much harder to truly have a favourite player. 

For us to have so many players loved by all is a credit to the squad assembled. 

On a final point I hope that in future years every member of the title winning team will be held in legendary status and always welcomed back. Only time will highlight the magnitude of what was achieved that season and the fact certain players moved on should not diminish the regard they are held in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This guy's smile

FB_IMG_1479854371602.jpg

Makes the goal feel 10 times better.

IMG_4948.PNG

The hair.

3230822000000578-0-Shinji_Okazaki_celebrates_scoring_Leicester_City_s_match_winning-a-4_1458079619318.jpg

He scored this one on my birthday (overhead kick vs Newcastle). Fell off my stool celebrating.

Shinji+Okazaki+Leicester+City+v+Everton+

What a guy.

CiqNiKvUoAIuWbt.jpg

His workrate, his contribution, his clumsiness, his ludicrous goals. He's simply flawless.

2A02686700000578-0-image-a-28_1435345553

I will genuinely be devastated when he leaves. 

Shinjis smile makes me laugh every time without fail lol & his work rate is unbelievable. Love the bloke! 

My favourite would have to be Vardy. Full of passion and just your average bloke living the 'footballer' dream which most players have as a kid. 

Speaking of shinji though has anyone else noticed his full head of hair now? Used to be receeding and now has a decent hairline! I don't know if there's ever been a thread on this but I'm convinced when Drinky, Shinji & Kingy came back for pre-season with their heads shaved they had all had transplants lol

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This guy's smile

FB_IMG_1479854371602.jpg

Makes the goal feel 10 times better.

IMG_4948.PNG

The hair.

3230822000000578-0-Shinji_Okazaki_celebrates_scoring_Leicester_City_s_match_winning-a-4_1458079619318.jpg

He scored this one on my birthday (overhead kick vs Newcastle). Fell off my stool celebrating.

Shinji+Okazaki+Leicester+City+v+Everton+

What a guy.

CiqNiKvUoAIuWbt.jpg

His workrate, his contribution, his clumsiness, his ludicrous goals. He's simply flawless.

2A02686700000578-0-image-a-28_1435345553

I will genuinely be devastated when he leaves. 

THIS

Id say Wes.

He knows he doesnt have much time left at the top but its almost like he is having a second wind and has put in some assured but underrated performances.

Of course he makes errors but you rarely see him rashly go into a tackle or expose a team mate by a poor piece of positional play.

Add to that he has been a good leader and i love that hes proved me wrong numerous times when ive questionned him.

Albrighton. You always know what you get with him and he always gives 100%. You can tell he loves playing for this club. 

Massive mention to Wes, he'll always be our greatest purchase (Kante aside).

Mahrez is the best I've ever seen, Vardy is Mr Leicester, and Shinji is definitely the most likeable, I mean, look at that smile...