Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

And stop blaming Puel you ****ing inbreds, he’s taken us from a side in the bottom 3 that can’t pass the ball to each other to a side potentially playing for Europa league and playing some really nice stuff. **** off moaning about his interviews aswell.

Oh please. We have played some of the worst football aswell under him.

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Shocks happen, usually after a team has had a great deal of luck and nicked a winner.

We didn't have a shot on goal and barely got out of our half in the last 20 or so minutes.

That was embarrassing. A totally unacceptable performance.

Early kick off, dodgy pitch, disjointed team, away.. still no excuses for that pile of shite sack um!!

We had a second string out and they probably put in the best performance of their season. 

I thought it would be tough today just disappointing that we didn't create more chances. 

The main thing is we have the replay at home & hopefully there we will stuff them lol

35 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We're not going down, we should be prioritising the FA Cup, play the first team for the replay ffs!

That's a fans view. The club see it differently.

A couple of Premier League places is worth more than winning a cup.

Modern football is rubbish :(

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, reynard said:

The players should be ashamed and so should Puel. A manager who clearly doesn't give a toss about cup competions.

Disgraceful shambles. Not a single shot on target. Midfield non-existent would be polite. If I see James do one of those stupid overhead flicks back to their players ever again.

I really woudn't care less if several of those players never pulled on a Leicester shirt ever agian.

The match clearly shows

A How utterly dependent we are on Mahrez for any sort of creativity

B Vardy is essential

C  Too manyof the fringe players are simply not anywhere near good enough for us to challenge at the top end of the Premier League

D  Our young players simply aren't anywhere near ready

Not sure in this day and age that they get a say in it,probably told he had to play second string!

10 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

On the positive side, we now know all we need to know about Benny and Slim (if we didn’t know already).

And goalie, Silva & Barnes got game time.

And...no, that’s it I think

I love how slim is written off, the service was shocking, how many shots did we have, how did Okazaki do when he came on, about nacho?, both obviously thrived on the the multiple changes.

I’m pissed off, but to single out players, when all didn’t perform, screams out dislike for the man, rather than the player 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

So naive of everyone to think how bad we were, Fleetwood were textbook perfection on how to deal with mid table premier league teams. They played the game of their season, honestly you are thick as pig shit if you expected this match to be a breeze lol this game was the biggest game of their year and they made it impossible. 

You honestly don't think we were bad?

Come on credit to them but they were nothing special. I didn't expect it to be easy but I did expect professional footballers paid thousands of pounds a week to be able to pass to each other, to be able to head the ball, to be able to tackle. We showed no ability to be able to do any of those things.

We looked like a bunch of Sunday league guys happy to punt the ball in the air and hope for the best.

If our manager want to make so many changes so be it but I have to question how prepared we were for this game and his ability to motivate players on the fringe of the squad. There seemed to be no plan, no cohesion it was as if we just thought we would turn up for a run around.

As to the players they showed not enough desire let alone ability to win.

I've recorded it to watch later, please don't tell me anything about the game and spoil it for me......

Your in for a treat...a pulsating game settled in the 89 minute. Well worh watching the whole match just for that finish. Enjoy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

I've recorded it to watch later, please don't tell me anything about the game and spoil it for me......

This was not only the highlight but also the most convincing presence on the pitch...

BWs784qCcAAg-le.jpg.46258d2f7a95097ad6065447f702ca76.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Against a resurgent palace and a Watford side that quite frankly are good but have only had a mild dip in form? 

We have had some really shit halves of football under Puel throughout his time here to be quite honest. How many games have we been walked all over in the first half? 

We just got ripped apart by Fleetwood. It doesn't get much worse.

4 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Not sure in this day and age that they get a say in it,probably told he had to play second string!

He got Southampton to a League Cup Final and still got sacked. It says to him that cups mean nothing so why should he bother?

On the other hand, those players should've been good enough to win handsomely today. Can't blame the manager for that.

• Like 1