Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

Watching that, it's hard to believe there were Premier League players on the pitch today. Feel sorry for all the travelling fans having to stomach that performance. Should be £1 a ticket for the replay if Puel insists on using the FA Cup for practice matches.   

Edited by l444ry

Just now, l444ry said:

Watching that, it's hard to believe there were Premier League players on the pitch today. Feel sorry for all the travelling fans having to stomach that performance. Should be £1 a ticket for the replay if Puel insists on using the FA Cup for a practice matches.   

Ticket prices out already, £10 but still think I will give it a miss

Well that was a shower of shit wasn't it.

Embarrassing, again.

And there I was last night celebrating Everton going to replay (I know it didn't end that way) to give them extra games and give us an advantage of finishing above them...instead ok Everton are out but we have an extra game for all these 'tired', 'overworked' players (Even though alot of first choices weren't playing i'm sure the excuses are there). Awwwww. Fuck em'.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

No blame on Puel. Half of that lot need to be sold, they were given the chance and didn’t take it!

Not one touch from Iheanacho In 11 minutes, and he doesn’t move either, like watching a young yakubu without the finishing ability!

Goodness - you must've been listening to my mind!!!! My thoughts EXACTLY - even to the Yakubu comparison - but at least the Yak was a brutal beast who was the strongest player I've ever seen and , boy, could he score goals! Nacho=waste of space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Just landed in Bangkok and cannot be arsed to read through 13 pages— how did we play?  Any good news other than we have a replay?

We have a replay and if you feel like watching the game, buy a tin of paint instead, paint a wall and watch it dry, at least that will be relaxing somewhat.

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

We have a replay and if you feel like watching the game, buy a tin of paint instead, paint a wall and watch it dry, at least that will be relaxing somewhat.

Oh dear. There will be sale in the airport Club shop tonight? I am off now before it closes.

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

With all the best intentions its impossible to say anything positive about the game

Mmmm.....Glad I could not find a stream at 30,000 feet.  

With a lack of draws so far, mainly involving Championship teams, looks like the replay might end up on TV too. Swansea v Wolves the only other possibility that I see so far.

Edit: Actually Wigan v Bournemouth most likely at this stage.

Edited by Kopfkino

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

So naive of everyone to think how bad we were, Fleetwood were textbook perfection on how to deal with mid table premier league teams. They played the game of their season, honestly you are thick as pig shit if you expected this match to be a breeze lol this game was the biggest game of their year and they made it impossible. 

Noones expecting it to be a breeze, but failing to have a single shot on target against them would be embarrassing if we were still league one, let alone now. 

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

We will likely beat them at home and the extra game is annoying but it's hardly the titanic disaster people are making it out to be. 

Don't be so sure.

With all the changes, this still seemed like a reasonable team to put out and get the desired result. With the formation which we played, it was going to be difficult as Puels' desired formation requires a certain type of player to perform as he requires them to. We are not capable of playing this formation with our best eleven and so I was sceptical we could get the result with these players.

Puel inability to motivate these players is a big worry and seems to have little effect on the players from the sideline or to make a sufficient change to affect the performance. Once again the lack of intensity in our play was evident and Puel seems to want us to pass the ball in a controlled and expansive manner but doesn't seem to realise that we can not play at that pace and be effective.

Playing Silva in this game was a massive gamble and I will not be surprised if he will have to miss the Chelsea game due to injury. Puel decision making is somewhat strange and I really do not think he has the insight in respect of player/game management.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Surely Puel must realise that in making 8 changes and playing like we just did, he has now won us a completely uncessary extra 90 minutes minimum. Completely defeats the object of resting players.

Play a strong squad, get the early goals, get the key players off and ride it out. Job done. 

Utter shit Puel, sort it out.

There are positives though:

1) We're still in the competition with a home tie

2) We still rested plenty of key players like Schmeichel, Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez, Vardy, etc.

3) It was a chance for some squad players to get much needed game time like Jakupovic, James, King and Slimani.

4) A look at Harvey Barnes

5) Another 90 mins for Amartey, Dragovic and Silva to get them up to speed for first team duties.

There's no reason why we don't win the replay comfortably with a similar team and still rest our big players and don't tire them out for the league. I thought a draw wouldn't be a terible result for us pre match for the above reasons and I still stand by that.

• Like 3