Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Eldin Jakupovic

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Latest news

I genuinely thought he'd be a strong call-up if Schmeichel was, for some reason, unavailable for a game.

Not entirely convinced on Hamer, either, but he's seems more comfortable in many situations than Jakupovic has imo.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think there's a good chance he could go this week. Depends if lcfc have another third choice GK lined up or can cope with Iversen maybe stepping up.

Third choice GK's are rarely needed and with our PL survival as good as assured Iversen could fulfil that role.

Irrespective of his level he is still a 20yo professional GK, it's not like he's a plumber.

Several clubs have sniffed around him as they know he's not happy being third choice. Unless there's an incredible offer for him, Leicester might just take the view he's worth holding onto until at least the summer. Hamer is out of contract in the summer by the way so Jakupovic could just bide his time and see what happens.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think there's a good chance he could go this week. Depends if lcfc have another third choice GK lined up or can cope with Iversen maybe stepping up.

I'd be surprised if we brought in another keeper if we offloaded this window. We'll be reducing wages at this point. Hopefully it'll be trimming excess and we reinforce in the positions necessary. If Europe is prospectively (touches wood) possible we'd want to be ready to hit the market early without having to shift them in the summer.

Edited by sphericalfox

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Several clubs have sniffed around him as they know he's not happy being third choice. Unless there's an incredible offer for him, Leicester might just take the view he's worth holding onto until at least the summer. Hamer is out of contract in the summer by the way so Jakupovic could just bide his time and see what happens.

Anything like our money back and it's good business to sell for someone we deem not as good as Hamer. I suspect Forest would only pay £500k so for that money he's worth keeping until the summer.

Don't know what everyone has against him? I think he a good keeper knew he wasn't going to be displacing Kasper. £2m is nothing then you think how much was spent on Musa and Slimani. would rather have him then not. Besides could be worse could still have Conrad Logan as back up keeper how he lasted so long with us and played bout 10 games in all I will never know!!

Really cant understand the situation with him.  He is far and away a better keeper than Hamer but neither Puel or Appleton can see it?  Maybe, its his attitude in training or

Mike Stowell the goalkeeping coach does not rate him and reports back to Puel re this.

Hamer is a poor keeper he gave me kittens against Peterborough when he was closed down quickly on Saturday and he kicked it against his legs.  Looking back on their goal

it trickled through his legs.  I do fear for us if Kasper gets injured because I have no faith in Hamer at all.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hamer is doggo, I'm baffled how Jakupovic has been handled since we signed him. Whiffy

There's no way this is just down to ability, he must have said something in pre season as was suggested.

Unfortunately for him he said it when the stubborn old guard was in charge so he was doomed from that point on.

There's no way a number one would sign up as a number three aged 33.

I hate the fact Hamer is still around for 'banter'... that's the sort of shit puel must be trying his best to eliminate (see moving on king, ulloa etc)