Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fleetwood Replay Ticket Details Confirmed

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I can't think of any other club who would only open one stand for an FA Cup match. Ridiculous, what do they think they're playing at?! We'd get 25k+ for this no problem.

I agree,fleeywood will bring 2-3 thousand I think for the biggest game in the history,

plus cheap tickets,

i expect 20k will be there at worst,

when we get 10k for a pre season friendly 

Edited by Russell sprout

14 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I agree,fleeywood will bring 2-3 thousand I think for the biggest game in the history,

plus cheap tickets,

Most Fleetwood fans we spoke to thought they would do well to bring 1000 it's long way on a Tuesday night and a lot of them are up early for work the next day.

Said he thought they would have got close to selling out had the game been a Saturday. 

Edited by Bayfox

14 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

plus cheap tickets,

Ridiculously short-sighted. Almost as bad as taking the low allocation at Stoke for a 3pm Saturday kick off.

2 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Personally very disappointed only opening one side of the ground. Shows that the commercial side don't understand the psyche of many Leicester fans to whom the FA Cup is extremely important.

We must have a fair few thousand ST holders and members over 50 who would dearly love to see city win the trophy. By taking a negative view of the fixture, it shows the lack of importance given to the competition by the club. Agree with Kopfkino. Maybe a fiver for STH and members, £10 for casuals and free for kids would have shown some care towards the fans, particularly after the dross served up on Saturday. 

It's not like the club is short of cashflow. A full house would have created a decent atmosphere, a three quarters empty ground will help Fleetwood knowing the lack of importance we place on the competition. 

The club seem happy to be losing the goodwill of the fans - a dangerous game to play IMO.

And for what? What they'll gain financially from this is a drop in the ocean to them, if anything at all. The general mindset for this game now is "oh, it's Shrewsbury again then".

I actually can't grasp what goes through their heads.

43 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

And for what? What they'll gain financially from this is a drop in the ocean to them, if anything at all. The general mindset for this game now is "oh, it's Shrewsbury again then".

I actually can't grasp what goes through their heads.

Putting £5 on 30,000 tickets makes the club about £150k. That's a week and a half wages for our best paid players and sends out a lot of ill will to the fans as the club try to fleece as much as they can out of us. It's really a case of penny wise Pound stupid.

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Putting £5 on 30,000 tickets makes the club about £150k. That's a week and a half wages for our best paid players and sends out a lot of ill will to the fans as the club try to fleece as much as they can out of us. It's really a case of penny wise Pound stupid.

Or they can do what they've done now, 8,000 or so open at on average £12 a head, which will probably become about 14,000 as the Kop opens, but still there's just no real benefit. Shows the mentality of the club that they prioritise that small chance of making the slight bit more money over having a full ground and taking it seriously.

Our attitude is an embarrassment.

Guest MattP

Only the West Stand open? Wtf.

So they'll work around the Kop from there and we'll have thousands of seats between the fans?

The atmosphere is going to be absolutely shit 

It's not just city that decide the prices, both clubs have to agree as its split revenues in the FA cup.

I doubt fleetwood were happy with letting in fans for cheap on their biggest pay day ever. They may have presumed 10,000s would turn up whatever the price charged. Little did they know only the west stand would open! 

15 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Most Fleetwood fans we spoke to thought they would do well to bring 1000 it's long way on a Tuesday night and a lot of them are up early for work the next day.

Said he thought they would have got close to selling out had the game been a Saturday. 

There owner has put on free coach travel for there fans so I expect a couple of thousand 

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I would have thought we would have been handing over the gate cash minus security costs to Fleetwood? Isn't it the done thing now?

Don't think you're allowed to. Didn't Arsenal try to do this at Sutton last year, but the FA stopped them, and made them take half the profits? 

Why would the club open the whole ground?

They would have 8,000 fans spread around the whole ground with even less atmosphere, pay for 4 times the staff etc. Makes no sense so I can understand why they have done this.

The pricing I feel they could have knocked £5 off but as some posts above say, it's not purely the clubs fault. Have to agree with opposing club who get a share, the FA etc.

Yes I have bought tickets for this. I'd be surprised if they sell the West stand out. If I remember for Monchengladbach they started opening some of the Kop once demand was there. Currently only B2 is sold out, more than 500 left in every other block.

• Like 2

All this moaning about it only being the West Stand for starters is ridiculous. With realistically,less than 10 days to put on a game and sell tickets for, opening up the whole stadium to start with would have been a disaster if ticket sales were poor like the poster above mentioned. This makes absolute sense. A lack of confidence in the fans to buy into the FA cup i know but makes business sense. It's all about contingency planning. 

I do think it should have been a tenner or max £12/13 similar to the league cup though but seriously, why moan as if your being forced to pay the money. If you don't want to fork out £15 to watch the game, don't.

I guarantee this will reach at least 25K attendance in the end, we had full houses for Liverpool's reserves, Leeds and Man City in the Carabao and there's probably (hopefully) more chance of a few goals in this one.

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

All this moaning about it only being the West Stand for starters is ridiculous. With realistically,less than 10 days to put on a game and sell tickets for, opening up the whole stadium to start with would have been a disaster if ticket sales were poor like the poster above mentioned. This makes absolute sense. A lack of confidence in the fans to buy into the FA cup i know but makes business sense. It's all about contingency planning. 

I do think it should have been a tenner or max £12/13 similar to the league cup though but seriously, why moan as if your being forced to pay the money. If you don't want to fork out £15 to watch the game, don't.

I guarantee this will reach at least 25K attendance in the end, we had full houses for Liverpool's reserves, Leeds and Man City in the Carabao and there's probably (hopefully) more chance of a few goals in this one.

I think that negates the argument you're trying to put over. 

You think the ticket prices are too high and yet you still think we'll get 25k.

So in effect you think they should have opened up the whole stadium. Saying people shouldn't go also implies that you think it's been handled incorrectly which suggests that more would go if the ticket prices were more in keeping with the status  of the game.

• Like 1