Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm about 5'10" and a half on christmas Eve I weighed myself at just under 14 stone. I packed in my 5:2 diet until this Monday. I weighed my self Sunday and I weighed 14 stone 9.:nigel:

I always imagined you as tall and wiry. 

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I tell you one thing when I was on the Atkins. If I didn’t stick to it absolutely, if I swayed from it at all (a Slice of toast every so often or ‘a pudding’), the weight gain from just those indiscretions was huge!

That was one of the reasons I decided to come off it in the end. I found is so restrictive really.

Pros and cons... same as every diet

One 'blip' - round of toast, bowl of pasta, piece of chockie cake WILL drop you out of ketosis (thus you will start to burn them carbs as fuel and stop burning fat) 

The thing is with ketosis, if you have spent 3-4 weeks being good and have adapted your body to burning fat for fuel - 1 blip is not so bad as you may think. YES a round of toast is super bad BUT the weight you gain from that is NOT fat its water weight and if you can draw a line in the sand , the extra gain will be gone in 2/3 days.

The cons to this diet for me is i can drink(NOT beer .. as its full on carbs...)but lets say vodka/gin/whisky and diet coke/lemonade etc is zero carbs so when alcahol is in your system (even zero carb) your body will use the alcahol for fuel BUT it wont drop you out of ketosis. (Basically you dont fat burn)

For me i tried to make this as a way of life and not just a diet (unless i want to lose weight and then i am more concious of what i eat)

But typically on a day and whilst dieting id go for something like this.

Breakfast:-(i usually pass) but acceptable is 

2 bacon, 1 egg, 1 tomatoe, mushrooms - cooked in buter

Lunch

Lettuce, tomatoe, 1/2 advocado, ham, cheese (tuna / chicken / any protein with salad)

Diner

Meat, Cauliflower, brocoli, green beans (or variation of veg you like)

Snacks during the day - cold meats, cheese, pork scratchings (YES)  coffee with cream................

I have been super successful with this as a weight loss program but it is restrictive and basically depends what you like to eat. I love veggies cheese and meat so it suits me. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well ive dragged you into it haven’t I ! ...    :D

:blush: you certainly did. And you did it well.

What do I give a stuff about dieting for? 

Pearl one, Knit one.

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'm 5ft 10 and 15st 9lbs. 

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm about 5'10" and a half...    I weighed 14 stone 9 ...

Ive noticed that for you shortarses every little counts ...  you’ve just got to be ‘and a half’ bigger than Col haven’t you Webster ! ....    well, if you laid on your backs with those guts you’d both be over six foot high anyway ...   like me !  ...    :)

(I’m 6 ft 1.453 inches tall by the way ...  )

On 08/01/2018 at 18:18, Unabomber said:

Wear a fit bit that tells me exactly how

many calories I burn each day. Eat less calories than that and lose weight. Like sol I also use intermittent fasting as I have a big appetite. Doing that allows you to have a big dinner, feel full and still lose weight. I lost 8 stone a few years ago, I have kept it off but I still cut fat now and again. 

Started a cut today, going to lose 18 pounds. Will just eat 2000kcals and workout 4 times a week. Will be eating high protein and intermittent fasting. 1pm - 9pm.

What sort of things do you eat for your two meals?

4 hours ago, Simi said:

What sort of things do you eat for your two meals?

Atm I will have a chicken or tuna and cheese salad and then some chicken bites/beef jerky and an apple for lunch. Then dinner will be chicken rice and veg, or tonight I’m having Cajun turkey with potatos and veg. Sometimes stir frys, anything really as long as I get enough protein and stay at 2000cals. Then I will have a big bowl of Greek yogurt with cereal/fruit/cereal bar in. Then maybe more fruit or cheese depending on what I ate earlier.

I don’t restrict anything so if I fancy something I will have it and eat less at other meals etc. Restriction diets like keto etc are not sustainable long term. It’s all about calories in v calories out.

On 11/01/2018 at 19:22, Unabomber said:

Atm I will have a chicken or tuna and cheese salad and then some chicken bites/beef jerky and an apple for lunch. Then dinner will be chicken rice and veg, or tonight I’m having Cajun turkey with potatos and veg. Sometimes stir frys, anything really as long as I get enough protein and stay at 2000cals. Then I will have a big bowl of Greek yogurt with cereal/fruit/cereal bar in. Then maybe more fruit or cheese depending on what I ate earlier.

I don’t restrict anything so if I fancy something I will have it and eat less at other meals etc. Restriction diets like keto etc are not sustainable long term. It’s all about calories in v calories out.

To summarise: Let your arse catch up with your mouth.

On 11/01/2018 at 18:22, Unabomber said:

Cheers mate. I'm giving it a go from this week.

A couple of years ago I dropped from around 14 stone to 11.5 stone in the space of around 5 months by pretty much monitoring everything that I ate using the Myfitnesspal app on my phone, although I have since gained a fair bit of it back due to being reckless with my eating habits and not using the app.

I didn't really change a lot to my diet to be honest, just cut out things like bread,fizzy drinks and sugary snacks. Instead of having a sandwich for lunch I'd have a salad with either Chicken or fish, and for dinner I'd again have chicken of fish but with green vegetables and no rice or potatoes. Drinking a large amount of water is also really important as I found a lot of the time my hunger was actually just thirst so a big glass of water would make me feel full until my next meal.

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Every day I’m doing an hours swimming and 80 press ups ...     unfortunately the full English, shed loads of beer, and the bottle of wine with a 3 course meal, also every day, is winning ....

If you can’t indulge over Xmas and whilst on holiday, when can you?

I have downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and set my calories to 1500 a day to see if I can shift a few pounds. I am currently sitting at 14st 7 at the moment and in an ideal world I want to lose at least a stone. 

My biggest issue is the beer, I don’t drink in the week but when Leicester play at home on a saturday I’m drinking from about 11am till 8pm normally followed by a takeaway of some description. 

Hopefully by sticking to the 1500 calories the rest of the time I should still see a weight loss over time

Edited by Marmite

On 10/01/2018 at 01:39, Suzie the Fox said:

Pros and cons... same as every diet

One 'blip' - round of toast, bowl of pasta, piece of chockie cake WILL drop you out of ketosis (thus you will start to burn them carbs as fuel and stop burning fat) 

The thing is with ketosis, if you have spent 3-4 weeks being good and have adapted your body to burning fat for fuel - 1 blip is not so bad as you may think. YES a round of toast is super bad BUT the weight you gain from that is NOT fat its water weight and if you can draw a line in the sand , the extra gain will be gone in 2/3 days.

The cons to this diet for me is i can drink(NOT beer .. as its full on carbs...)but lets say vodka/gin/whisky and diet coke/lemonade etc is zero carbs so when alcahol is in your system (even zero carb) your body will use the alcahol for fuel BUT it wont drop you out of ketosis. (Basically you dont fat burn)

For me i tried to make this as a way of life and not just a diet (unless i want to lose weight and then i am more concious of what i eat)

But typically on a day and whilst dieting id go for something like this.

Breakfast:-(i usually pass) but acceptable is 

2 bacon, 1 egg, 1 tomatoe, mushrooms - cooked in buter

Lunch

Lettuce, tomatoe, 1/2 advocado, ham, cheese (tuna / chicken / any protein with salad)

Diner

Meat, Cauliflower, brocoli, green beans (or variation of veg you like)

Snacks during the day - cold meats, cheese, pork scratchings (YES)  coffee with cream................

I have been super successful with this as a weight loss program but it is restrictive and basically depends what you like to eat. I love veggies cheese and meat so it suits me. 

Cheese, meat and whiskey. I’m sold 

• Haha 1