Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Round about the caildron go

In the poisoned entrails thro'

Toad, under cold stone'''

Fillet of fenny snake

Eye of newt and toes of frog

Wool of bat, tongue of dog

adder's fork,and blind-worms sting

Lizard's leg and owlets wing,

Scale of Dragon, tooth of wolf

Witches mummy ; maw and gulf

of the ravin'd shark

Root of hemlock dug in the dark...

sheeps testy n best brains seen,

not forgetting a good tin of hp baked beans...

Not forgetting the foxestalk dishing the crap

swilled down with gud ol @fuchsntf  appl'n wise sap...

Now lunch..thats really exciting leaves one perplexed

tis so, that is has been  certified not for kids , so stamped wiv n X.....

I'm terrible for breakfast, never hungry for a couple of hours after I've woken up then usually have too many snacks

So my "breakfast" once I've been at work an hour is usually a fruit bar (Nakd/Aldi peanut & date), a chocolate bar and something savoury

At weekends I have 3 crumpets - 2 with butter, one with Marmite, or if I've got the time, bacon sandwich mmmm

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Generally alternate between cereal (rice krispies, hot cornflakes or coco pops) and toast or I'll have a bacon baguette or egg or beans on toast.

I do sometimes have a can or a rum and coke for a livener and usually a bucks fizz or two if I'm away.

Hot cornflakes wtf is that???

Thats not a thing is it?

Don't eat breakfast - I've been trying this 'intermittent fasting' thing for the past year or so and it's pretty good - helped me loose the best part of three stone and I've read up about the health benefits and it's meant to be really good for you (I'm not so sure but it works!) 

The idea is you eat your last meal at night at about 8pm and then don't eat again until about 1pm the next afternoon - giving you a good 16/17 hour period of 'Fasting'. I have black coffee throughout the morning to kill my appetite but I've been doing it so long now that I don't notice (I could never eat early in the morning anyway). 

Then you basically just cram your days calories in, in the 7/8 hour window that you've got before 8pm. I like it because you can eat bigger meals! 

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I eat like a hobbit ie. I have two breakfasts: The first I eat about 06.30 and always consists of a variety of fruits (strawberries; blueberries; raspberries; banana; kiwi; mango) with live yoghurt.

I eat my second breakfast about 08.00 which alternates between eggs (poached or scrambled) on three slices of toasted granary bread, or a couple of wholemeal pitta breads filled with hummus*, black olives, shredded red cabbage, chopped red pepper and chopped cucumber.

*I make my own with chick peas, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.

You must be some sort of super human. Either your wear a cape during the day or retire to the toilet with FT on your ipad.

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I shit you not, I will eat an entire malt loaf in a single sitting. 

I ****ING LOVE THAT SHIT

Very moreish and not too unhealthy. I've managed an entire loaf in a day before, hats off for a single sitting. 

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Reading the dieting thread set me wondering.

I eat like a hobbit ie. I have two breakfasts: The first I eat about 06.30 and always consists of a variety of fruits (strawberries; blueberries; raspberries; banana; kiwi; mango) with live yoghurt.

I eat my second breakfast about 08.00 which alternates between eggs (poached or scrambled) on three slices of toasted granary bread, or a couple of wholemeal pitta breads filled with hummus*, black olives, shredded red cabbage, chopped red pepper and chopped cucumber.

*I make my own with chick peas, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.

So what about you people?

:o ....    I’m very surprised at that Bucey ...   especially as it’s you ...    don’t you stun the yoghurt first before you chew it to death ?

• Haha 2

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Hot cornflakes wtf is that???

Thats not a thing is it?

In the microwave on a winter morning, soggy and warm with sugar on the top, it's quite stunning. 

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Reading the dieting thread set me wondering.

I eat like a hobbit ie. I have two breakfasts: The first I eat about 06.30 and always consists of a variety of fruits (strawberries; blueberries; raspberries; banana; kiwi; mango) with live yoghurt.

So what about you people?

Wish I had the luxury of having time for two breakfasts. To do what you do would mean getting up at 4 am.

Generally I have whatever cereal was on offer in the supermarket when we did the weekly shopping, so one week it might be shredders, the next cornflakes, then weetabix. Of course, a pack doesn't usually last exactly a week, so I might sometimes mix the last shredding with the last two weetabix or cornflakes with sheriffs.

On days off, the full English is a nice treat!

N.B. my first "weetabix" was auto-corrected to "Germanic" :dunno: , the second to "waterslide" :blink: and the last one (in this sentence) to "Westland", with a capital W, which means it recognizes Westland as a brand name, but not Weetabix ("ecstatic", in case you were wondering. lol )