Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This is part of my problem. I so love a full English brekkie. Not that I have one often tbf.

Its gotta be the full monty... fried slice an all

Just eat what you want Col and exercise more. Eating food is such an enjoyable part of my life, I’m not compromising one iota. If I stop running I pile it on lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Every weeknight I got to bed with the intention of getting up early and have a more substantial breakfast in order to fuel my current marathon training. I then click snooze 5 times, shovel cereal down and vamoose. 

Your doing Brighton aren’t you? How are you getting with the training?

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Your doing Brighton aren’t you? How are you getting with the training?

Yeah - first time there so not sure what to expect (aside from a lot of running)! Fairly mixed so far, longest run so far is about 11 miles which was ok but doing 4/5 runs a week is a killer at the moment. Have you managed any full marathons? I did Leicester 2 years ago which was quite a struggle!

Just now, David Guiza said:

Yeah - first time there so not sure what to expect (aside from a lot of running)! Fairly mixed so far, longest run so far is about 11 miles which was ok but doing 4/5 runs a week is a killer at the moment. Have you managed any full marathons? I did Leicester 2 years ago which was quite a struggle!

Yeah I did London 2017, it was my first although I had done quite a few half marathon in my late teens early twenties. I found the gym helped me through the dark winter, I’d do 3 shortish runs on the treadmill in the week and then hit big runs at the weekend.

i think I was around 11 at this stage for London, when is Brighton?

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:18, Finnegan said:

Oh and just to add - the breakfast buffet at a hotel abroad is basically the greatest pleasure known to man.

What, cold pickled fish, cold sausage, cold eggs, spicy chorizo, plastic cheese, taramasolata, cucumber.

There was fruit to be fair, and a toaster with dry bread and spreads, but no hot anything. Even a hot frankfurter would have helped. They had cereal but only warm milk to put on it.

That was the choice I had in Hungary when I went to the Grand Prix last summer.

Cheap hotels... 

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I did London 2017, it was my first although I had done quite a few half marathon in my late teens early twenties. I found the gym helped me through the dark winter, I’d do 3 shortish runs on the treadmill in the week and then hit big runs at the weekend.

i think I was around 11 at this stage for London, when is Brighton?

Awesome! Always wanted to do the London but yet to get a successful ballot entry. How did you find London? 

Yeah i'm thinking of doing gym at least 2 out of the 5 workout days, as much for a change as anything. Brighton is the 15th, week before London. Hoping for a lovely sunny Saturday followed by an overcast Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Awesome! Always wanted to do the London but yet to get a successful ballot entry. How did you find London? 

Yeah i'm thinking of doing gym at least 2 out of the 5 workout days, as much for a change as anything. Brighton is the 15th, week before London. Hoping for a lovely sunny Saturday followed by an overcast Sunday. 

It was brilliant, I was lucky with a ballot entry. It wasn’t quite how I expected at all. The amount of spectators was breathtaking, it does help during low moments. I got injured 6 weeks before the race so it really messed up my prep but it didn’t take much away on the day, apart from a slower time than I had targeted.

Good luck in your training mate, I miss having that goal to push me to run when it’s grim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1