Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

14 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

He's not daft, CP  has got the team playing v good football and 7th in the league. With a World Cup approaching he knows where he can best showcase his talents and secure his seat on the plane!

I still get a little excited shiver when I read this and realise it's reality.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let’s be honest - drinkys current bench warming experience isn’t doing us any harm in trying to hang onto players. 

This is a great point, players that might be tempted to move to a 'big' club will see that and hopefully be put off. DD made a big mistake and hopefully not many more will do the same. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is a great point, players that might be tempted to move to a 'big' club will see that and hopefully be put off. DD made a big mistake and hopefully not many more will do the same. 

Depends on your situation. The 150k a week he is probably earning won’t be too depressing. He wasn’t in pole posiiton for an england squad place (unlike vards).

Riyad just likes playing every week so this should help there. Suspect his missus is rather keen on the extra dosh though !

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Every time he's been asked about his future here he's answered it in a way that could be perceived as vague and not very convincing. That's Vardy, he gives honest and direct responses without being very emotive or sincere. 

Surely if he was direct he couldn’t be perceived as being vague....

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Depends on your situation. The 150k a week he is probably earning won’t be too depressing. He wasn’t in pole posiiton for an england squad place (unlike vards).

Riyad just likes playing every week so this should help there. Suspect his missus is rather keen on the extra dosh though !

Well, in terms of playing prospects it's been a horrendous move. He backed himself to forge the partnership with Kante again and he's not done it. Barkley coming in has pushed him further down. He'll most probably end up going out on loan somewhere, he'll never again have anything like what he had when he was here and his chance of going to the World Cup are slim to none.

19 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Well, the decision is first choice here and hopefully Europa, or playing on a Sunday at Bournemouth because your teammates have just played a Champions League game. 

Wonder how Danny feels about picking option 2 now? 

He would be lucky to get Option 2 right now lol

He'll still be on the bench at best

Virtually every player has confidence within themselves to be able to play (and obviously start regularly) at a higher level. Drinkwater going to Chelsea is no different. People who mock him for choosing to join Chelsea are just needlessly bitter. What more was he actually going to achieve here?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Virtually every player has confidence within themselves to be able to play (and obviously start regularly) at a higher level. Drinkwater going to Chelsea is no different. People who mock him for choosing to join Chelsea are just needlessly bitter. What more was he actually going to achieve here?

Agree. If people want to better themselves, so be it. In any walk of life.

Vardy is a Leicester City legend but if he turned around and said "right I want to try and win more before I retire" then, after all he's done for us, I'd be gutted but accept it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Always makes me laugh when I hear this sort of talk. Bit like congratulating the wife for running off with a richer bloke.

Wouldn't though would it.

It'd be like me congratulating my wife for taking a better job.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wouldn't though would it.

It'd be like me congratulating my wife for taking a better job.

Well no, because she'd still be yours in either job scenario.

If Vardy goes to another club he can't play for us anymore. Hence it's far more like the 'richer bloke' simile.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Well no, because she'd still be yours in either job scenario.

If Vardy goes to another club he can't play for us anymore. Hence it's far more like the 'richer bloke' simile.

Okay thanks for clarification.

• Haha 2

People can read into it what they like but it means fook all.

How many boards have given managers ultimate backing and sacked them two weeks later?

It's a different situation yes but the point is football is full of mercenaries and business men and what they are quoted as saying is very rarely worth anything. Vardy isn't necessarily one of them but he could say I'm staying now but every man has his price.

Edited by ajthefox

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What I mean is, he answers questions and on the face of it they seem like he's being honest but he's often palming the interviewer off.

Theyre after a new contract, him and his agents are playing games and he knows he could get a load more....all the rumours are coming from his agent and hes playing along.

46 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theyre after a new contract, him and his agents are playing games and he knows he could get a load more....all the rumours are coming from his agent and hes playing along.

Been on the cards for weeks - as soon as rumours we are prepared to pay riyad a chunk more to stay this was bound to happen. Would be worried if it didn’t tbh as more likely he would be looking to leave if he wasn’t kicking off for more wonga