Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Virtually every player has confidence within themselves to be able to play (and obviously start regularly) at a higher level. Drinkwater going to Chelsea is no different. People who mock him for choosing to join Chelsea are just needlessly bitter. What more was he actually going to achieve here?

I think the point about being bitter is somewhat true, but Drinky should have thought things through a little more. He's basically the 2017/18 version of Scott Parker / Steve Sidwell and I expect him to be sold or loaned to a team below both Chelsea and Leicester next season. Maybe he'll get an Everton (who are being run awfully but are still a historically big-ish club) but equally could end up at a Stoke or West Brom, which would be quite the fall from grace. He wasn't even in the squad against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup and they put on Barkley who hasn't played all season long in front of him. The coach at Chelsea doesn't sign the players, so he's playing at a club where the coach won't play him whilst he's in the peak of his footballing career.

Sure he's getting paid handsomely but I wonder what went through his head the other weak when Leicester were playing Chelsea off the pitch in their own ground? Another game where he wasn't even on the subs bench and watching the club where he would have been in the first team playing with verve, panache and style and who should have won on the day. Surely it's a better feeling to be playing every week and making a difference rather than watching on from the sidelines?

The best he can hope for is for someone in the Chelsea squad to get seriously injured or for Conte to be replaced at the end of the season so he can make a fresh start with a new manager. I would say I feel sorry for him, but he clearly couldn't wait to get out of the club fast enough so I don't. He did leave a nice post on Twitter but in is interview he was a bit cheeky and said he wanted to grab three points against us as soon as possible!

From our fans perspective, a number of us saw him as a potential club captain, so it really didn't go down to well to see him leave in the way he did. Personally I loved the guy whilst he was here, and though I can totally understand why he chose to go, I wish he was a bit more dignified about it.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Love Vards but he can't keep playing us to get a better contract every 12 months! 

The times they are a changing. Bigger tv deal being announced shortly. Vardy signed a new deal 18 months ago at the max we were prepared to pay. He has 2 1/2 years to go and I guess wants another 25/50k per week. he would get it elsewhere. We don’t have to extend his deal and we don’t have to offer him any more money. I guess the club will do what’s best ........

on drinky, he will get plenty of game time next six weeks as Chelsea’s fixture list is  fairly packed. he isn’t competing with Barclay- his addition has no real bearing on whether DD gets a game. That’s more to do with if Conte feels he needs two holding mids and if Bakayoko is being trusted.  

39 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Love Vards but he can't keep playing us to get a better contract every 12 months! 

this. once is ok, but it looks like whenever there are talks about mahrez leaving or getting a new contract, vardy (or his agent) kick a fuss

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The times they are a changing. Bigger tv deal being announced shortly. Vardy signed a new deal 18 months ago at the max we were prepared to pay. He has 2 1/2 years to go and I guess wants another 25/50k per week. he would get it elsewhere. We don’t have to extend his deal and we don’t have to offer him any more money. I guess the club will do what’s best ........

on drinky, he will get plenty of game time next six weeks as Chelsea’s fixture list is  fairly packed. he isn’t competing with Barclay- his addition has no real bearing on whether DD gets a game. That’s more to do with if Conte feels he needs two holding mids and if Bakayoko is being trusted.  

Will they want to pay him 150k a week in 2 and a half years though? With his age in mind. I'd say the club's in the driving seat here. 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theyre after a new contract, him and his agents are playing games and he knows he could get a load more....all the rumours are coming from his agent and hes playing along.

If that's the case then he can get stuffed. He's already on a massive wedge here and age wise it's downhill from here and i'd be very surprised if a club came in for him and offered him a more lucrative contract than what he's currently on. The owners (which i'm sure they will) should bat this away and tell him to get on with it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Vardy but he (influenced clearly by his agent) should appreciate what he has here as we appreciate him. He always strikes me as being grounded and I could understand if he wanted to move on for footballing (ambitious) reasons, but if it was purely for money then we need to play hardball.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think the point about being bitter is somewhat true, but Drinky should have thought things through a little more. He's basically the 2017/18 version of Scott Parker / Steve Sidwell and I expect him to be sold or loaned to a team below both Chelsea and Leicester next season. Maybe he'll get an Everton (who are being run awfully but are still a historically big-ish club) but equally could end up at a Stoke or West Brom, which would be quite the fall from grace. He wasn't even in the squad against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup and they put on Barkley who hasn't played all season long in front of him. The coach at Chelsea doesn't sign the players, so he's playing at a club where the coach won't play him whilst he's in the peak of his footballing career.

Sure he's getting paid handsomely but I wonder what went through his head the other weak when Leicester were playing Chelsea off the pitch in their own ground? Another game where he wasn't even on the subs bench and watching the club where he would have been in the first team playing with verve, panache and style and who should have won on the day. Surely it's a better feeling to be playing every week and making a difference rather than watching on from the sidelines?

The best he can hope for is for someone in the Chelsea squad to get seriously injured or for Conte to be replaced at the end of the season so he can make a fresh start with a new manager. I would say I feel sorry for him, but he clearly couldn't wait to get out of the club fast enough so I don't. He did leave a nice post on Twitter but in is interview he was a bit cheeky and said he wanted to grab three points against us as soon as possible!

From our fans perspective, a number of us saw him as a potential club captain, so it really didn't go down to well to see him leave in the way he did. Personally I loved the guy whilst he was here, and though I can totally understand why he chose to go, I wish he was a bit more dignified about it.

Where exactly is the lack of respect from him that you speak of?

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Give him a year extension with pay rise.

If we let his contract run below 2 years I imagine we'll see offers coming in.

Times have changed and we need to move with them. We probably have

one of the best teams we have ever had at a time when the rewards have

never been greater. We have some very good players like Shinji, Albrighton,

Simpson, Wes etc but we also have some standout players like Vardy ,Mahrez,

Wilf and Harry. 

I wouldn't be against giving our stars a pay rise if it means we can keep 

our best players.

• Like 1

Give the lad a bit more money if that's what hes after, he knows he could get more elsewhere. He is vital for us and in my eyes irreplaceable in terms of how the team play and set up around him. If he has a good World Cup with England, then we are in danger of losing him to a big club, BUT he is  the biggest confidence player I have seen in a while, if he's knocked he needs a team/manager/club/fanbase on his side to pick him back up, which he knows he has here, doubtful anywhere else. But **** losing him to Everton, whats the point him going there? 50/50 him being a flop and losing confidence, 50/50 fans love or hate him, 99/1 they will hate being in Liverpool. Do what ever it takes to keep him happy and in a City shirt.

7 hours ago, Salieri said:

If that's the case then he can get stuffed. He's already on a massive wedge here and age wise it's downhill from here and i'd be very surprised if a club came in for him and offered him a more lucrative contract than what he's currently on. The owners (which i'm sure they will) should bat this away and tell him to get on with it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Vardy but he (influenced clearly by his agent) should appreciate what he has here as we appreciate him. He always strikes me as being grounded and I could understand if he wanted to move on for footballing (ambitious) reasons, but if it was purely for money then we need to play hardball.

For all he's achieved with us he's got every right to try and get a pay rise, his agent would be like Stephen Merchant in extras if he didn't try. At his age I can understand the club being apprehensive but hope there's some way of sorting it out. Bonus if he helps get us Europa maybe. He's only been earning big dough since he moved to us at 25 and signed his first major contract a couple years after that he's 31 now and sadly doesn't have that long to go. Given what he's achieved its only natural he would try for more to set him up for rest of his life. If he moved he would get a signing on fee. He's not throwing his toys out the pram and I genuinely believe he wants to stay, but can't exactly say that as his agent is probably advising him on how to poker face a way to a bit more money.

4 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

For all he's achieved with us he's got every right to try and get a pay rise, his agent would be like Stephen Merchant in extras if he didn't try. At his age I can understand the club being apprehensive but hope there's some way of sorting it out. Bonus if he helps get us Europa maybe. He's only been earning big dough since he moved to us at 25 and signed his first major contract a couple years after that he's 31 now and sadly doesn't have that long to go. Given what he's achieved its only natural he would try for more to set him up for rest of his life. If he moved he would get a signing on fee. He's not throwing his toys out the pram and I genuinely believe he wants to stay, but can't exactly say that as his agent is probably advising him on how to poker face a way to a bit more money.

Do you honestly believe that he isn't well set up for the rest of his life already? He must be earning much more than his quoted salary, what with promotions etc. And that's not counting the huge amount he has guaranteed to come in on the basis  and he still of the contract that has a few years still to run.

• Like 1

Can only see him going for more money etc, but LCFC are already providing him as much as he could possibly want.

The lure of them still being in the Champions League could tempt him, but he's had great success considering his early career story - and he should end his career at the club that made him the player he is.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can only see him going for more money etc, but LCFC are already providing him as much as he could possibly want.

The lure of them still being in the Champions League could tempt him, but he's had great success considering his early career story - and he should end his career at the club that made him the player he is.

How so? 

he isnt the chap from brunei .......

12 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

It must be really tough on 100k a week. I'm sure Vardy is already set up for life. Probably his agent wanting a bigger cut.. Still now Man utd have agreed to 450k a week we can expect every tom, dick and harry and their agents to want even more money.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

It must be really tough on 100k a week. I'm sure Vardy is already set up for life. Probably his agent wanting a bigger cut.. Still now Man utd have agreed to 450k a week we can expect every tom, dick and harry and their agents to want even more money.

When you have loads of money, you spend loads of money. It’s not like you or me earning that kind of sum. of course he Is made for life but he will want to set up all his kids for life too and maybe others. another 50k per week for the next two years is an extra 3 mill in his pocket to be invested.  Assuming he finishes playing by 35, he has to finance his lifestyle for another 50 years! 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When you have loads of money, you spend loads of money. It’s not like you or me earning that kind of sum. of course he Is made for life but he will want to set up all his kids for life too and maybe others. another 50k per week for the next two years is an extra 3 mill in his pocket to be invested.  Assuming he finishes playing by 35, he has to finance his lifestyle for another 50 years! 

I'm sure he will find other things to do after hanging up his boots. He's already set up his academy and there is always the route of coaching, management, punditry etc. I'm sure he and his family won't starve. And maybe if he's not earning the kind of money that he's earning now and has to reign in his lifestyle ever so slightly in years to come, unless he's a complete imbecile, he's set for life.

I'm sorry, but you can dress it up all you like, and make all kinds of excuses and justifications, but pure and simply it comes down to GREED, and he and his agent(s) are just a reflection of how things are now in football, sadly.

He could run his contract down anyway and head off to China or the MLS and make another fortune for the remaining days of his playing career, which i'm sure is exactly what he'll do, and fair play to him if he does just that. He would owe us nothing and would rightly be remembered as a true legend.

The genie is  out of the bottle ..... it isn’t going back. 

Why should our players be paid less than their equivalent at other clubs?  If we are no longer ambitious and not prepared to play the ‘money game’ then fine - we will drift slowly back to the championship.  We will struggle to attract players as good as vardy and mahrez are now, even if we are paying the money, so best to try and keep what we have. Asking to be paid the going rate for your ability surely isn’t greed ??

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The genie is  out of the bottle ..... it isn’t going back. 

Why should our players be paid less than their equivalent at other clubs?  If we are no longer ambitious and not prepared to play the ‘money game’ then fine - we will drift slowly back to the championship.  We will struggle to attract players as good as vardy and mahrez are now, even if we are paying the money, so best to try and keep what we have. Asking to be paid the going rate for your ability surely isn’t greed ??

But he is being paid the 'going rate' (whatever that is). There's no way that you can argue that our club hasn't rewarded the players post title win, and rightly so, you're going on like the poor saps are 'struggling' on 20K a week. I would argue that in Vardy's case that he is very much being paid a fair salary, if he was 5 years younger than I would get your point as i'm sure he could get more elsewhere, but I highly doubt that he will find a better offer at this stage of his career. Unless of course he'd like to venture abroad to inferior leagues and standards of football to get an earlier payday, which would be a real shame as he still has 2 or 3 years left at this level i'm sure. I'm astounded that you're trying to argue that our owners haven't moved with the times and circumstances, but at the same time they have a responsibility to retain realism and stability. We can't compete with the kind of money being thrown around by the likes of Man Utd and the like, the long term future and stability of the club is always paramount, not the whims of any one player and his blood sucking agent.

• Like 1

IF, there was a concrete bid from another club, offering a wage that was more than what he is on now, then of course the dynamics would change and we would have to consider an improved contract as it would be devastating to lose a player of Vardy's importance and calibre. But, until then, I see no reason to pander to him or his agent, he is under contract and should be told to just get on with his job.

• Like 1