Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is well worth a 3 year contract.  Basically part time until he was mid 20s says his knees have a few years in them yet.

You are hopefully right, but for a player that relies so much on his pace, clubs are going to be put off spending big on him when he is now 31.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

tabloid is the source of story which then spread. read the articles, check the published times and put the pieces together instead of believing everything

sources do get quoted for the factual stories.

The Times don't use their main sports reporter to repeat stuff from a tabloid.  Show us the article that came before his and we'll talk.

And no, sources don't get quoted very often at all. Because clubs and players don't talk about the transfers in the open very open. The information gets leaked to reporters mostly on the basis of them nit revealing their sources.

How often did John Percy give a source?

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Nah I get the impression he likes to be number one top dog  which he pretty much is at Leicester . He would just be a small fish in a huge pond at Man U 

He came out in the summer and said he'd consider a move.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He came out in the summer and said he'd consider a move.

I am not saying he wouldn’t move . Just saying I don’t think  he would move to Man U. Could be completely wrong though 

Edited by baldeagle

If Vardy left we'd be in trouble. I am not looking forward to the day he leaves. He has been our most important player for about three years now - the way we press and play revolves around him.

I can't see Vardy wanting to play for United. He'd stick out there like a sore thumb, and he would ride the bench behind Lukaku. Can you really see him and Mourinho getting along? 

What's 35M worth anymore? With guys like Coutinho breaking the transfer market, can you really even replace Vardy's production for 35M? An experienced premier league striker of Vardy's quality would cost way more than that. 

I don't see our owners trying to cash in. If they were eager to get some return on their investment, they would have sold players like Vardy and Mahrez long ago, and they wouldn't have invested more and more money in bringing in new players, buying a second club in Europe, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Dont underestimate how much his missus has an influence on this ...    good shopping up there I believe. 

Near the TV studios so she can be on loose woman. To be fair she has openly admitted to having a wizards sleeve.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 2

£35m 18 months ago would only have got us Troy Deeney, who could we possibly get to replace him for that sort of price? We’ve already seen what between £16m and £27m can get us and they aren’t in the same league as Vards

Paper shit.

Obviously a potential huge move for him but I can't see it happen. That would be suicidal for us and ManU are in dire need of creativity not a striker. I doubt the rags board would already buy another striker after splashing that much cash for Lukaku. Another thing is that ManU play actually with a target man (Lukaku, Ibrahimovic) which Vardy isn't.

I'd be truly gutted if it does happen though.

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Dont underestimate how much his missus has an influence on this ...    good shopping up there I believe. 

Fairly sure they could live close to Manchester and him still play for Leicester if it meant that much to her.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Is this the same influence she supposedly had when he was certain to join Arsenal because she liked the bright lights of London?

They've got decent forwards, but are very inconsistent - to the point where Pogba is reportedly trying to support them more.

Vardy, with his experience and confidence from what he has achieved, would certainly boost them.

But, with their negative football that's often seen, don't think he'd strongly consider joining them tbh.