Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Peterborough away - 12.30pm Sat 27th January

20 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm guessing they will have the barriers up in Leicester, but will just let everyone out at Peterborough. Train will be full so I doubt they will be checking tickets on board.

Barriers always seem to be down on Saturday mornings these days, but imagine they won't be fooled for this. Not sure if you can still jib in the back way? They never used to be closed...

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

I'm more concerned about whether many pubs will open up before the game.

Not just time-wise, but they do get a bit jittery when Leicester roll up in numbers and some stay shut.

When it was the midday kick-off I think it was basically Spoons lock-in or nowt from what I remember? The pub on the boat certainly wasn't letting in, although they did the last time I was there.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Barriers always seem to be down on Saturday mornings these days, but imagine they won't be fooled for this. Not sure if you can still jib in the back way? They never used to be closed...

Can't say I've tried it for a long time! Getting caught and having to pay full price isn't worth the risk compared to an advance ticket on most journeys.

Villa away a couple of years ago was funny- pretty much the whole train diverted off through a fire door before they got to the barriers lol

On 17/01/2018 at 20:55, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Hoping this makes it down to 220

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

There's 4200 tickets for a televised early kick off, if it doesn't at least make end of members i'd be amazed!

Think it will make 220. 

For a comparison though Derby in the FA Cup last season had a 5400 allocation, live on TV on a Friday night and sold out before members. Maybe Derby was a bigger attraction though.

Massive demand for this it seems going by the many social media requests on ticket selling sites that I’ve seen.

Also a good selection of excuses for not having any priority to get one. Work, family commitments, and long term illness for example.

Is match day for this one a bank holiday, everyone has now given up their kids for adoption and the NHS has found a wonder drug to cure every illness?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 4ever and ever said:

Looks to be about 800-900 sold (but I'm also sure they have reserved a fair few to be sold in club shop) 

Doing some simple maths.

Allocation 4,200

Less away end (old stand) not on sale yet 1,800

Less tickets available online roughly 350

Less Block E5 and E6 not open yet roughly 650

About 1,400 sold (but that doesn't include tickets held back for call/in person sales.

I think this will get down to members but depends on sales over this weekend. goes to 230+ this afternoon and then hangs at that for 2 days giving people who are not on the ball the chance to buy.

On 17/01/2018 at 16:40, grobyfox1990 said:

Last Planty for breakfast great shout!! Any point buying a train ticket for this or just barging onboard and through the barriers?

Go through the Car park entrance. Barriers are always down. Not sure about the Peterborough end mind. 

On the 718 for this, getting there early so can have a breakfast in the spoons in Peterborough before all the crowds get there. 

• Like 1

Just before opened up to 230+ points ...

There are 100 tickets left in the 4 open blocks (stand behind the goal).  

2 Other blocks of this stand still to be opened.  

Main Stand blocks not yet opened.

<Edited to say: I reckon approx 2400 sold so far, give or take a few 100..>

Edited by worth_the_wait

11 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just before opened up to 230+ points ...

There are 100 tickets left in the 4 open blocks (stand behind the goal).  

2 Other blocks of this stand still to be opened.  

Main Stand blocks not yet opened.

<Edited to say: I reckon approx 2400 sold so far, give or take a few 100..>

Thank you worth-the-wait...