Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Conspiracy Theory

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

in the same way that a cure for cancer has most likely existed for years but never been released so big pharma can continue to profit from drugs and treatments that don't work.

it's not that unlikely tbh. 

pharma runs things in the same way the NRA does in America. 

That's one theory I don't buy, actually; purely because IMO pharma companies could make more money from such a cure than from the drugs and treatments they offer now.

35 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

in the same way that a cure for cancer has most likely existed for years but never been released so big pharma can continue to profit from drugs and treatments that don't work.

it's not that unlikely tbh. 

pharma runs things in the same way the NRA does in America. 

Moronic post and grossly offensive to people who are genuinely working hard to cure cancer. Stop smoking spliffs if it does this to you. 

Aside from the obvious point if they found a cure it would be the biggest money earner any company has ever created, almost every major government and medicinal scientist in the World would have to be in on this. Ludicrous. 

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

if there was a cure for cancer that could be administered and 'cure' it thus ridding the need for further medication then surely long-term 'non-effective' treatments would be more profitable as they run for longer? 

That would depend on the price set for the cure, and if you're interested in a patient taking a drug for a long time for the purposes of profit, if you can come up with a cancer "cure" you could likely easily come up with a cancer "suppressant" - something that someone has to be on all their lives, but enables them to have a normal quality of life and live an average span of years, rather than less. (Indeed, that would result in more profit as they'd be taking the drug for, on average, longer.)

And all of this of course doesn't touch on the complexity of cancers themselves, and how they are often pretty unique to the person that has them and so would need unique treatments, nor the idea that a pharma company would pay ridiculous money to develop such a drug in the first place and then not market it...because?

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

Moronic post and grossly offensive to people who are genuinely working hard to cure cancer. Stop smoking spliffs if it does this to you. 

Aside from the obvious point if they found a cure it would be the biggest money earner any company has ever created, almost every major government and medicinal scientist in the World would have to be in on this. Ludicrous. 

Whatever. Not worth it. 

Edited by lifted*fox

On 16/02/2018 at 17:26, MattP said:

Not such a moronic post. An incurable disease is population control in a world where people are starting to live longer. We can't afford to have people being cured of everything. Harsh but true.

26 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

Can we throw the fa cup draw into this thread.... jeez how did all the big clubs avoid each other!

25% chance they'd avoid each other so it's not unrealistic. 

Really boils my piss that some people think the worlds oldest and most respected cup competition is rigged.

It's called the "luck of the draw" 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Really boils my piss that some people think the worlds oldest and most respected cup competition is rigged.

It was slightly moving or nostalgic, at least, before the match last night when Birch was trying to fire the crowd up and shouted: "This is the FA Cup!"

It's definitely lost some of its aura.....but now we're within sniffing distance, it's getting a bit more exciting. Best chance of reaching the semis for a long while.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

25% chance they'd avoid each other so it's not unrealistic. 

It's called the "luck of the draw" 

I’m not questioning your math, Izzy, but my instinct is that it doesn’t sound right. 

How do you reach that conclusion?

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I’m not questioning your math, Izzy, but my instinct is that it doesn’t sound right. 

I didn't :D

My friend @Gerard did on the cup draw thread and he's a maths genius so I trust him :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

It was slightly moving or nostalgic, at least, before the match last night when Birch was trying to fire the crowd up and shouted: "This is the FA Cup!"

I think it’s really sad. 

Back in the seventies, when Birch was playing, the Cup was eagerly anticipated as soon as the 3rd round draw was made. There is no way that a 5th round tie wouldn’t sell out, and there certainly would have been no need to gee up the fans. 

I make it a 33% chance, based on there only being three possible draw combinations, as below where the so called big clubs are “A” and the other teams are “B”, ignoring home/away.

Possible draw 1

A v B

A v B

A v B

A v B

Possible draw 2

A v A

B v B

A v B

A v B

Possible draw 3

A v A

A v A

B v B

B v B

One hell of a Saturday night, this.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Chance of second team drawn for each tie keeping big clubs apart: 4/7 x 3/5 x 2/3 = 24/105 = 22.85% chance overall (was inevitable by 4th tie)?

Is that right, maths bods?

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

I make it a 33% chance, based on there only being three possible combinations of top four clubs (A) vs others (B). Obviously ignoring home/away.

Possible draw 1

A v B

A v B

A v B

A v B

Possible draw 2

A v A

B v B

A v B

A v B

Possible draw 3

A v A

A v A

B v B

B v B

One hell of a Saturday night, this.

Hopefully my mate @Gerard will come along in a minute and explain why it’s 25% (so I don’t look a cvnt :D)

• Haha 1

whilst it probably isn't fixed - the way in which some people are absolutely adamant that fixing just 'isn't possible' is a bit weird really. 

we currently live in a world where someone, somewhere is always looking to make something favourable for themselves. 

football competitions, world cup bids, game fixing - they have all happened and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was some kind of 'ball fiddling' (lolz) going on in these draws. 

it really isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

whilst it probably isn't fixed - the way in which some people are absolutely adamant that fixing just 'isn't possible' is a bit weird really. 

we currently live in a world where someone, somewhere is always looking to make something favourable for themselves. 

football competitions, world cup bids, game fixing - they have all happened and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was some kind of 'ball fiddling' (lolz) going on in these draws. 

it really isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Not sure there's much evidence of it happening in this country though is there?

Of course anythings possible but I choose to cling onto the hope and belief that our game (and the FA Cup especially) still has it's integrity.

The moment I stop believing that it's all above board, trustworthy and ethical is the day I stop bothering with football...

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The moment I stop believing that it's all above board, trustworthy and ethical is the day I stop bothering with football...

Fair play man - you hold onto those beliefs as long as possible, you'll be all the happier for it. 

I've had somewhat of an existential crisis in recent years and can't help but believe that most people in a position of power are only in it for themselves.

Everything from governments to sporting bodies and so on and so forth are run and fiddled and bought and ****ed up for personal greed / worth and everyone else just has to go along with the ride.

Money, media, power, greed, etc. All hand in hand and the little people like you and me can't do anything but stand by and watch.

There is literally nothing that would surprise me any more.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hopefully my mate @Gerard will come along in a minute and explain why it’s 25% (so I don’t look a cvnt :D)

It's 22.85% actually.

Sorry I've spoiled you Saturday night by making you look a cvnt but tbf it was always going to happen at some point with two hours left of the night. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Fair play man - you hold onto those beliefs as long as possible, you'll be all the happier for it. 

I've had somewhat of an existential crisis in recent years and can't help but believe that most people in a position of power are only in it for themselves.

Everything from governments to sporting bodies and so on and so forth are run and fiddled and ****ed up for personal greed / worth and everyone else just has to go along with the ride.

Money, media, power, greed, etc. All hand in hand and the little people like you and me can't do anything but stand by and watch.

There is literally nothing that would surprise me any more.

I respect your view Daz but you do sound really angry with the world - a bit like Toddy and Rog do.

I’m just not sure I’ve got the energy to feel this bitter and twisted about stuff that’s out of my control or influence :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's 22.85% actually.

Sorry I've spoiled you Saturday night by making you look a cvnt but tbf it was always going to happen at some point with two hours left of the night. lol

you fvcker lol

• Haha 1