Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Are you ever just sitting there and a completely random thought pops into your head? I'm not talking "What should i have for dinner" or "I wonder who city will sign in the window"

I'm talking absolute nonsensical thoughts that would either get you locked up in a padded room or at the very least get people thinking you're a little bit odd?

The reason i ask is because i'm sat at my desk, and completely out of the blue this thought popped into my head:

"What if i legally changed my name to 'Surname Forename', Imagine the hilarity that would ensue when somebody asks for my surname, and indeed, my forename"

At this point i decided that i need to re-evaluate my life, but not before sharing this story on here to see if i'm not alone in being a little bit odd...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Are you ever just sitting there and a completely random thought pops into your head? I'm not talking "What should i have for dinner" or "I wonder who city will sign in the window"

I'm talking absolute nonsensical thoughts that would either get you locked up in a padded room or at the very least get people thinking you're a little bit odd?

The reason i ask is because i'm sat at my desk, and completely out of the blue this thought popped into my head:

"What if i legally changed my name to 'Surname Forename', Imagine the hilarity that would ensue when somebody asks for my surname, and indeed, my forename"

At this point i decided that i need to re-evaluate my life, but not before sharing this story on here to see if i'm not alone in being a little bit odd...

I'm really glad you ask this, it happens to me all the time, but just the other day I mentioned it to someone for the first time, expecting that it happens to everyone, and they thought it was really, really odd. So no you're not alone, just maybe we're in a minority 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Once I asked myself what would I do if an internal organ had an itch? Like I desperately needed to scratch my right lung or something. So my random thought is your internal organs never need to be scratched.

Is that too weird lol 

I've had a moving itch since i read this half an hour ago! Its like when someone mentions the word "Yawn", within minutes, you WILL yawn.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've had a moving itch since i read this half an hour ago! Its like when someone mentions the word "Yawn", within minutes, you WILL yawn.

Apparently psychopaths don't catch yawns. 

Maybe that chap who wants to dump his girlfriend in the other thread should try yawning at her to check.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Robofox's thought for the day:

Had Wolverine been born into a Jewish family, the paediatrician would've had a shock when his foreskin instantly grew back in front of their eyes. 

No, because in the X-men/Marvel universe, mutants (including Wolverine) don't tend to get their powers until adolescence.

:ph34r: 

7 hours ago, the fox said:

do the players wear a new kit or do they just wash it and wear it again for the next game?

see, this kind of stupid question that keep me up at night.

The first team players must get a new kit as they constantly give away their shirts, but I think the U23s wash theirs. One of our U23 players were playing with half their gold sleeve spots peeled off in a recent game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Who decided what word would be each word? Like “video” for example. Who looked at that and went.... it’s a video....

madness

Probably comes from ancient Greek or Latin.

8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Who decided what word would be each word? Like “video” for example. Who looked at that and went.... it’s a video....

madness

On a similar note, do you ever just stare at a written word and it loses all meaning?

More so if you say it over and over again. Repeat the word video and you start to think what the **** is a video?

*when I talk about “video” I mean VHS. Unsure on everyone else but growing up we called it a video player and “Muuuuuum can I watch a video after school?”