Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You could swerve into oncoming traffic and uncouple their seatbelt at the same time. Although it might be a bit awkward if they survive.

lollol what would be your excuse? testing the airbags lol.

that's too much hassle and could get you killed. just get a hobo to kill them and then kill the hobo with an "overdose". or..

scenario 1: kill the hobo and serve a couple of years for "self defence" or "revenge", if you're that kind of psycho you would love the praise and being seen as a hero.

scenario 2: kill the hobo by paying another hobo to kill him. and hire an assassin to kill the second hobo. at least if you're caught make sure that you make the police's work as hard as possible.

remember guys, this is all hypothetical.

#hobolifesmatter

• 5 months later...

Nobody seems to get appendicitis anymore, or at least it’s much less common. 

When I was a kid, loads of people at school had it - don’t know anyone at my kids school that’s had it. 

Same with tonsillitis, come to think of it...day in hospital and 3 days eating ice cream. 

What’s going on? :mellow:

5 hours ago, Milo said:

When I was a kid, loads of people at school had it - don’t know anyone at my kids school that’s had it. 

Same with tonsillitis, come to think of it...day in hospital and 3 days eating ice cream. 

i had 2 weeks off when I had my tonsils out and was told not to eat ice cream....

8 hours ago, Milo said:

I read this and thought it was bollocks, but I googled it and apparently the reduction in appendicitis is an actual trend worldwide, with various articles published in medical journals about it, and basically they don't know why :huh: Nothing about tonsillitis though

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

I read this and thought it was bollocks, but I googled it and apparently the reduction in appendicitis is an actual trend worldwide, with various articles published in medical journals about it, and basically they don't know why :huh: Nothing about tonsillitis though

I'm not calling you a liar but I can't find anything saying that at all.

Do you have a link?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm not calling you a liar but I can't find anything saying that at all.

Do you have a link?

Just google "appendicitis incidence"

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/773895-overview

The incidence of acute appendicitis has been declining steadily since the late 1940s, and the current annual incidence is 10 cases per 100,000 population.

https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j1703

Acute appendicitis is the most common abdominal surgical emergency in the world, with around 50 000 and 300 000 acute appendicectomies performed annually in the UK and in the US respectively. However, its incidence is falling for unknown reasons.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

All humans (and practically everything else for that matter) is at least 99% empty space.

Matter is empty space?

I thought it was something to do with mass (and possibly volume), but you’re the scientist! ?

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Matter is empty space?

I thought it was something to do with mass (and possibly volume), but you’re the scientist! ?

Thing is, matter is largely empty space.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

who decided on the name 'foxestalk.com'?

@Mark or any of the other founders?

I did, @Scow agreed with it though. We didn't have a proper forum at the time. I actually put the whole idea of this site to the admin of the talking balls forum as I had no idea how to set it up, he didn't like the idea though..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I did, we didn't have a proper forum at the time. I actually put the whole idea of this site to the admin of the talking balls forum as I had no idea how to set it up, he didn't like the idea though so I was forced into it :D

What was talkingballs then, then?

When I was on there , there always seemed a bit of bad blood between the sites but I never really knew why.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What was talkingballs then, then?

When I was on there , there always seemed a bit of bad blood between the sites but I never really knew why.

It had not long changed to talkingballs, I didn't like the change from leicestershire.com or something like that. It was becoming an all sports site instead of a leicester one. So I made this, and tried to convince the others on there to join the revolution, so maybe thats why lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do we all see the same colour?

my green could be someone’s red.

we just don’t know it is different.

In the pisser at work today I saw a butterfly on the wall that hasn’t moved for 3 days and I’m thinking what a boring life,what are you thinking about for 3 days in a shitty toilet not moving. 

Just now, cambridgefox said:

Do we all see the same colour?

my green could be someone’s red.

we just don’t know it is different.

In the pisser at work today I saw a butterfly on the wall that hasn’t moved for 3 days and I’m thinking what a boring life,what are you thinking about for 3 days in a shitty toilet not moving. 

that's called colour blindness I think.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

that's called colour blindness I think.

I’m looking deeper than that.

ive just been told the trees are green,my eyes and brain have formed a picture of green.Yet my green could be something totally different to you.

Rather than cannot distinguish colours in the spectrum.

Just now, cambridgefox said:

I’m looking deeper than that.

ive just been told the trees are green,my eyes and brain have formed a picture of green.Yet my green could be something totally different to you.

Rather than cannot distinguish colours in the spectrum.

got ya. i understand. we live by definitions given to us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Butterflies don’t have the capacity to think, so they couldn’t be bored.