Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Probably there best stuff since Plastic Beach but its still only decent I'd say 

The vast, vast majority of musical artists peak in their first two or three albums so I'm never really expecting miracles by the time you get to sixes and sevens. 

It's okay though, it'll do for a Friday morning. 

46 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You think? I thought his last project was massively underrated 

All Amerikkkan Badass? 

Yeah man, I mean, personally I preferred when he was going over older joints on his earlier records. 

AAB ain't bad but for me it didn't have the same vintage feel as his earlier stuff.

too clean and a bit weak on the beats.

fire thoooooo

Edited by lifted*fox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arctics deserve it because their album is class but what Noel, Florence and Lily Allen are doing there is anyone's guess. Young Fathers should be on that shortlist 100%

Noel's effort was fine, I didn't dislike it and I'd listen to it again, it's better than As You Were, but it's nowhere near award-winning. Just a strange set of nominees, like a reaction to people moaning the acts given a nod had become "a bit 6 Music."

new Deaf Havana album out earlier this week. Really good. Reminds me of their early days/album.

Been listening to Slaves (Californian band, not the Kent-based one) - latest album Beautiful Death released earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been listening to White Nationalism is for Basement Dwelling Losers by Neckbeard Deathcamp this week. Pretty standard black metal fare, i.e. completely inaccessible to anyone who doesn't already like that sort of music, with less Nazis and more more "why punch Nazis when a baseball bat does more damage". Got some quality riffs, but the vocalist sounds like he's growling into a microphone 3 foot away while recording in a wind tunnel.

Other than that, Halestorm (Vicious) and Psychostick (Do) have both put out blinders, and I'm really looking forward to Evil Scarecrow (Chapter IV: Lost in Antartarctica) after the recent single with its £5 budget horror movie video: