Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And we will probably be paying most of their wages which helps the club dynamic but not the FFP side re salaries. 

Not if he goes to a club like Swansea we won't or at least shouldn't.

£40k a week is £2m a year which isn't a bad expenditure of getting a player of Andy King's pedigree and age for a club that will have promotion aspirations.

27 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yep, they're one light now with Clucas going. 

Yeah as a result of Clucas going, can see any Swansea interest resulting in a loan move until January when it becomes permanent too. King would be an excellent signing for them.

Edited by LCCFox96

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The fact that PL clubs never came into loan the likes of King, Simpson, etc should be a bit of a wake up call that if they want to play football it will have to be at a good Championship club. 

Both far too comfortably just coasting along . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Both far too comfortably just coasting along . 

I'm sure they'll both get loan deals before the month is out, neither can afford to just hang around here if they value their careers. Simpson especially as it's the last year of his contract and he needs to earn another one somewhere by putting himself in the shop window.

Next year we'll see a lot of the club's old stalwarts released and some wages freed up as the following are OOC.

Fuchs

Morgan

Simpson

Benalouane

Okazaki

Ulloa (already gone)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I'm sure they'll both get loan deals before the month is out, neither can afford to just hang around here if they value their careers. Simpson especially as it's the last year of his contract and he needs to earn another one somewhere by putting himself in the shop window.

Next year we'll see a lot of the club's old stalwarts released and some wages freed up as the following are OOC.

Fuchs

Morgan

Simpson

Benalouane

Okazaki

Ulloa (already gone)

I’ll be sad to see most of them go but you have to keep moving forward 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He doesn’t need to be playing and could just sit here earning his money but I’m guessing he’s the kind of guy who will be wanting to play and a loan move would be perfect.

If he was the kind of guy that wanted to play surely he would have left us 5 years ago? He couldn’t get in the 11 when we got promoted from the championship 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mint23 said:

If he was the kind of guy that wanted to play surely he would have left us 5 years ago? He couldn’t get in the 11 when we got promoted from the championship 

I’m talking now at the back end of his career, he was hardly going to leave us when we’d just got promoted to the Premier League, I assumed Swansea would of signed him, but I think he’ll go out on loan somewhere 

If he wants to go play football then i'd have no problem with it but when he retires playing we should offer him a role at the club. Guy is class & will always be apart of our history. IMHO he is a club legend & should be respected as one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mod hero said:

What King wrote to Maddison earlier..

He wrote on Twitter: "JM10 is back...and so is the Premier League starting tonight at Old Trafford. Can’t wait!"

And King, who helped the Foxes to their historic Premier League triumph two years ago, sent a typically classy response back.

"It suits you mate, I hope it brings you as much pride, success and happiness as it did for me. Go and smash it," he said.

The guy just oozes class. Hope he smashes it at his next club. Legend.

Absolute class, you wouldn't expect anything else from the King.

19 hours ago, PaulW said:

Strange how some people decry players for not showing loyalty to the club, and then when a player is loyal, accuse him of stealing a living, & call on the Club to get rid.

It’s nothing to do with loyalty he just isn’t good enough for the Premiership he’s taking up a squad number and wage of someone that would be good enough for the premiership. King has been brillaint for us no one is denying that he just  can’t cut it in the  Prem 

Don’t like it when I hear about “loyalty” it’s a load of rubbish.

Vardy has been praised for his loyalty, yet it will be his financial security and his home life that would have driven him to stay, loyalty wouldn’t be part of it.

King is the same. He has been extremely well looked after, nobody would have come in with anything to make him make a decision.

Circumstances have lead these players to stay, not loyalty.

We are all the same. We are either lazy in our jobs and stay where we are, or we get offered much much more and we go. Then people say they are loyal, but for a few extra quid they prefer not to move, then claim loyalty.

The father in law goes on how loyal he was to BT. He was in good money and wouldn’t be the sort to show initiative to move. He had two hour lunch breaks. He wasn’t loyal as he tells me. He had a cushy number and so stayed out for reasons of it being good money and no hassle.

When people go on about loyalty, please. 

If circumstances were different you will have seen King move ten times and Trevor Benjamin stay at one club all his life. It’s just circumstances. 

I like King by the way, terrific lad, so not knocking him. Just all this loyal shite is a load of bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/08/2018 at 07:30, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m talking now at the back end of his career, he was hardly going to leave us when we’d just got promoted to the Premier League, I assumed Swansea would of signed him, but I think he’ll go out on loan somewhere 

He's still only 29!

Hardly nearing the end of his career. If everything goes well for him, there's still a good four to five years in him.