Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

He's still only 29!

Hardly nearing the end of his career. If everything goes well for him, there's still a good four to five years in him.

Yes but it’s still the back end of his career....a footballers career may last 15 or 16 years, he’s probably got 4 years left, it’s the back end of his career.

I wish him all the best.

Always tried the best for us whenever we called upon him and never tried to disrupt the team.

A true team (and then squad) player which is how we won the league - not thanks to some fancy dan.

He has played about 25 PL games a season for the last 4 seasons (albeit mostly as sub) so at the very least he is a great squad player at a lower PL level or regular starter at Championship.

happy for him if he goes at gets more game time but also happy if he stays as he is proper team player 

• Like 3

On 12/08/2018 at 18:51, Finn Claw II said:

He has played about 25 PL games a season for the last 4 seasons (albeit mostly as sub) so at the very least he is a great squad player at a lower PL level or regular starter at Championship.

happy for him if he goes at gets more game time but also happy if he stays as he is proper team player 

Assuming we’d have taken any kind of fee for him it seems none of the lower PL teams had any interest in him. I think Cardiff are probably the only team he could get a start in but they probably couldn’t afford his wages. 

On 12/08/2018 at 09:03, Rob1742 said:

Don’t like it when I hear about “loyalty” it’s a load of rubbish.

Vardy has been praised for his loyalty, yet it will be his financial security and his home life that would have driven him to stay, loyalty wouldn’t be part of it.

King is the same. He has been extremely well looked after, nobody would have come in with anything to make him make a decision.

Circumstances have lead these players to stay, not loyalty.

We are all the same. We are either lazy in our jobs and stay where we are, or we get offered much much more and we go. Then people say they are loyal, but for a few extra quid they prefer not to move, then claim loyalty.

The father in law goes on how loyal he was to BT. He was in good money and wouldn’t be the sort to show initiative to move. He had two hour lunch breaks. He wasn’t loyal as he tells me. He had a cushy number and so stayed out for reasons of it being good money and no hassle.

When people go on about loyalty, please. 

If circumstances were different you will have seen King move ten times and Trevor Benjamin stay at one club all his life. It’s just circumstances. 

I like King by the way, terrific lad, so not knocking him. Just all this loyal shite is a load of bollocks 

I’m not trying to discredit or disagree with what you’re saying here because I do agree with your thoughts. 

However both Vardy and King have had the opportunity to move onto bigger clubs and wages (at the time) and decided to stay for one reason or another. 

Regardless of their reasons to stay, they would have been have been very well paid and have had long careers either way. 

I for one am glad that we still have someone who the fans can really relate to and feel a shared passion with in Vardy. Andy King, where do we start? He’s been with us from the bottom to the top. He’s probably very well respected by the players, management and owners, offering very valuable qualities to the club and is reliable when called upon. Nobody, not even Kingy himself thinks he’s going to pull up any trees but he’s part of our club and he’ll be welcomed by me for one until either him or the powers that be decide otherwise. 

Both legends in their own right and two players that I’ll never forget as an LCFC supporter. 

Maybe there’s bit of sentiment towards King that sways my opinion but why not? We’re not struggling to balance the books, he has a role however overpaid that role may be. 

Vardy has signed a new 4 year deal and long live the (Andy) King. We’ll see mercenaries come and go, we’ll complain about them and the recruitment team who signed them. Let’s enjoy having Andy King being part of our club. If he was really not wanted on the books he wouldn’t be here, trust the Thais and their henchmen. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not trying to discredit or disagree with what you’re saying here because I do agree with your thoughts. 

However both Vardy and King have had the opportunity to move onto bigger clubs and wages (at the time) and decided to stay for one reason or another. 

Regardless of their reasons to stay, they would have been have been very well paid and have had long careers either way. 

I for one am glad that we still have someone who the fans can really relate to and feel a shared passion with in Vardy. Andy King, where do we start? He’s been with us from the bottom to the top. He’s probably very well respected by the players, management and owners, offering very valuable qualities to the club and is reliable when called upon. Nobody, not even Kingy himself thinks he’s going to pull up any trees but he’s part of our club and he’ll be welcomed by me for one until either him or the powers that be decide otherwise. 

Both legends in their own right and two players that I’ll never forget as an LCFC supporter. 

Maybe there’s bit of sentiment towards King that sways my opinion but why not? We’re not struggling to balance the books, he has a role however overpaid that role may be. 

Vardy has signed a new 4 year deal and long live the (Andy) King. We’ll see mercenaries come and go, we’ll complain about them and the recruitment team who signed them. Let’s enjoy having Andy King being part of our club. If he was really not wanted on the books he wouldn’t be here, trust the Thais and their henchmen. 

I don’t think either had the chance to move for more money. Vardy was never going to Arsenal, it was a vehicle to get a new contract. 

King i cant recall, but on his wages I doubt anyone has come in for more money and if they had, you have to remember that he was contracted to us so it is our decision not to sell him. 

I like both players, but loyalty does not come into it with either. It’s circumstances why they haven’t moved, nothing to do with loyalty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I don’t think either had the chance to move for more money. Vardy was never going to Arsenal, it was a vehicle to get a new contract. 

King i cant recall, but on his wages I doubt anyone has come in for more money and if they had, you have to remember that he was contracted to us so it is our decision not to sell him. 

I like both players, but loyalty does not come into it with either. It’s circumstances why they haven’t moved, nothing to do with loyalty.

Vardy had a £20m release clause in his contract, which Arsenal met. He could have easily joined Arsenal. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

This quote says it all really.  Lets bring out a bronze statue of Kingy and have it placed on a subs bench.

• Haha 2

How many attacking midfielders do we have? I think Ghezzal can play in the middle but in midfield I'm not sure. That leaves just Maddison then. Perhaps Silva at a push. The rest are defensive midfielders.

On 12/08/2018 at 09:03, Rob1742 said:

Don’t like it when I hear about “loyalty” it’s a load of rubbish.

Vardy has been praised for his loyalty, yet it will be his financial security and his home life that would have driven him to stay, loyalty wouldn’t be part of it.

King is the same. He has been extremely well looked after, nobody would have come in with anything to make him make a decision.

Circumstances have lead these players to stay, not loyalty.

We are all the same. We are either lazy in our jobs and stay where we are, or we get offered much much more and we go. Then people say they are loyal, but for a few extra quid they prefer not to move, then claim loyalty.

The father in law goes on how loyal he was to BT. He was in good money and wouldn’t be the sort to show initiative to move. He had two hour lunch breaks. He wasn’t loyal as he tells me. He had a cushy number and so stayed out for reasons of it being good money and no hassle.

When people go on about loyalty, please. 

If circumstances were different you will have seen King move ten times and Trevor Benjamin stay at one club all his life. It’s just circumstances. 

I like King by the way, terrific lad, so not knocking him. Just all this loyal shite is a load of bollocks 

I take you had no problem with Kante or Mahrez moving on then, & would have been quite relaxed had Man U's fishing exercise for Maguire been successful?

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Next time your out drinking with your buddies can you get some autographs for us. That's your opinion and has no more fact to it than them claiming King and Vardy are loyal. The fact they have both signed on going contracts suggests they are more loyal than your claim does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Vardy had a £20m release clause in his contract, which Arsenal met. He could have easily joined Arsenal. 

He used the Arsenal situation to get a new contract. He was never going, but used it to his advantage.

6 hours ago, PaulW said:

I take you had no problem with Kante or Mahrez moving on then, & would have been quite relaxed had Man U's fishing exercise for Maguire been successful?

Correct - I had no problem with them leaving. I know what football is like, so totally understand them wanting to leave and better themselves. 

Personally I think he lacks the drive to test  himself. If he was half the player some believe he is he’d be chomping at the bit to get regular football.  it took Puel to push him out last season to make him do that despite being a bit part player since the return to the premier league. I think he just loves he comfort zone too much and will happily sit on the fringes for the rest of his contract 

• Like 3

Kingy is one player I have always had time for, he always gave his best on the pitch and for this club, some smart ass will say it wasn't good enough!

Can I just say if half the players we've had at this club alway did their best on the pitch week in week out, we would'nt have wasted so much money on transfers!!

On 14/08/2018 at 18:09, F1_AN said:

Personally I think he lacks the drive to test  himself. If he was half the player some believe he is he’d be chomping at the bit to get regular football.  it took Puel to push him out last season to make him do that despite being a bit part player since the return to the premier league. I think he just loves he comfort zone too much and will happily sit on the fringes for the rest of his contract 

Hardly. Why do people assume that wanting to play every week for some bollocks mediocre club like Stoke or Watford equates to "testing yourself"? King's going to look at his trophy cabinet and think "well Leicester is probably my best chance to add to that", plus he's clearly got a huge affinity for the club and his role as a constant in the squad through everything shouldn't be underestimated.

His work rate and desire to play more regularly for us (whether he's actually up to that is another debate) is clearly still there, and the fact he was happy to go to Swansea to try and find some form shows he's not work-shy. He really doesn't come across as the type to just twiddle his thumbs and enjoy his pay packet at all. People need to look at what he actually offers the club, rather than just what he offers the team.

• Like 2

Not got a bad word to say about Kingy. Hes been a fantastic servant of the club and is a model professional. Unfortunately we have just outgrown his ability. The club should do everything in its power to make sure he gets the move he wants and deserves.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

This is the sort of loan a championship club should of gone for.. if your looking for promotion his experience and ability would of been perfect in that league.

Find it odd that there weren't a number of championship clubs in for him. 

On 14/08/2018 at 18:47, Rob1742 said:

He used the Arsenal situation to get a new contract. He was never going, but used it to his advantage.

Why exactly what he never going to Arsenal just out of interest? The option was certainly on the table and he refused a higher wage to stay here.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Hardly. Why do people assume that wanting to play every week for some bollocks mediocre club like Stoke or Watford equates to "testing yourself"? King's going to look at his trophy cabinet and think "well Leicester is probably my best chance to add to that", plus he's clearly got a huge affinity for the club and his role as a constant in the squad through everything shouldn't be underestimated.

His work rate and desire to play more regularly for us (whether he's actually up to that is another debate) is clearly still there, and the fact he was happy to go to Swansea to try and find some form shows he's not work-shy. He really doesn't come across as the type to just twiddle his thumbs and enjoy his pay packet at all. People need to look at what he actually offers the club, rather than just what he offers the team.

Let’s agree to disagree 

On 14/08/2018 at 18:47, Rob1742 said:

He definitely considered going to Arsenal, but eventually decided against it. Said as much in an interview last year.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Why exactly what he never going to Arsenal just out of interest? The option was certainly on the table and he refused a higher wage to stay here.

His agent engineered the interest from Arsenal, which lead to Leicester having to massively improve the contract he had.

It wasn’t loyalty, it was all about getting a much better contract for himself

20 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

His agent engineered the interest from Arsenal, which lead to Leicester having to massively improve the contract he had.

It wasn’t loyalty, it was all about getting a much better contract for himself

This just isn't true. Wenger wanted Vardy and they weren't far off from getting him, but Vardy decided to stay with us. 

• Like 1