Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

What's the point? With James being so fragile we could lose him again at any moment. King is suddenly fourth choice again and a suspension or injury away from making the bench.

We've seen how quick we can lose midfielders before anyone says it's unlikely. If we had a young cm coming through fair enough but they aren't good enough.

• Like 3

He's on £40k. I doubt Brighton will match those wages + a transfer fee for what is essentially a 5th choice midfielder at a mid table club. 

Kibg is very comfortable here and will not leave. He has it good here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Come off it. Starting Andy King we are at an instant disadvantage every single time. Anyone thinking otherwise is hanging onto league one days. 

I'll try for a 3rd time. Who would you like to replace these players with? It's a very simple question.

Imagine being genuinely happy that he might leave. Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with some of our fans?

He can do what he wants, in my eyes. Sure, the first team has outgrown his ability down the years, but he's still got a good game in him and is a useful squad player and important dressing room character. I like James too, but he's made of biscuits- if Kingy is content to be 5th choice and 4th when James is injured, I think he's earned the right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Come off it. Starting Andy King we are at an instant disadvantage every single time. Anyone thinking otherwise is hanging onto league one days. 

Know why we would be at an instant disadvantage? Because 3 of our 4 first choice CMs would be injured. 

He's 5th choice FFS, and a very adequate one. I'd guess he's one of the best 5th choice CMs outside the top 6.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Know why we would be at an instant disadvantage? Because 3 of our 4 first choice CMs would be injured. 

He's 5th choice FFS, and a very adequate one. I'd guess he's one of the best 5th choice CMs outside the top 6.

I enjoyed the inference of his response though - answering an assumed point that I never made.

• Like 1

Great servant to the club and a good player, but a legend ? definitely not, being here a long time doesn't warrant that, I think its time for him to find pastures new think he may have gone a little stale here.. 

One thing I will say his attitude ought to be an example to anyone wanting to be a model professional, never washes his laundry on  social media like half the tossers we have do..

37 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll try for a 3rd time. Who would you like to replace these players with? It's a very simple question.

Santi Cazorla, is 33, hed be far more effective than kingy or James, very creative and very comfortable on the ball. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is a thread on this already.... but he's one of only a few to play in league one, where he scored a fifth of his current total and plays for a 3rd world country. Hardly stuff of legend really.

Winning three titles is a great thing for him personally and us. But his personal input is somewhat limited, Schlupp would have had three titles if he'd been a bit older. He's got two, a youth product, played about the same minutes over the course of the last two titles won and yet he was treated like a complete joke on here and laughed out of the club.

They (Wales) did get to the Semis in the Euros though. Not too shabby.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is a thread on this already.... but he's one of only a few to play in league one, where he scored a fifth of his current total and plays for a 3rd world country. Hardly stuff of legend really.

Winning three titles is a great thing for him personally and us. But his personal input is somewhat limited, Schlupp would have had three titles if he'd been a bit older. He's got two, a youth product, played about the same minutes over the course of the last two titles won and yet he was treated like a complete joke on here and laughed out of the club.

lol @Finnegan

Andy King is the exception to the rule. Every other player got better the less they played (think of the defence of Musa, Amartey, James [when injured], Grey...) yet King gets worse. 

I’ve never quite understood the criticism for a player who doesn’t actually play. I think we’ll miss his positive influence off the pitch more than his limited influence on it. 

• Like 1