Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is a thread on this already.... but he's one of only a few to play in league one, where he scored a fifth of his current total and plays for a 3rd world country. Hardly stuff of legend really.

Winning three titles is a great thing for him personally and us. But his personal input is somewhat limited, Schlupp would have had three titles if he'd been a bit older. He's got two, a youth product, played about the same minutes over the course of the last two titles won and yet he was treated like a complete joke on here and laughed out of the club.

Yeah but to me, schlupp is a legend too. They all are who won the big one. I don’t like to see any of them treated like shit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Yeah but to me, schlupp is a legend too. They all are who won the big one. I don’t like to see any of them treated like shit.

Agreed. I don't know how you could dislike Schlupp - either he was effective, or he was comedy gold. And that comes from a place of affection with the fan base. He won't be forgotten, and neither will King - for different reasons, but all positive.

• Like 3

I think King has become so much part of the furniture that people have overlooked the big things that he contributed. 

The great escape started with his last minute goal against West Ham and ended with him scoring the second goal as we beat Everton and lifted the league trophy. 

Not bad bad for a player some claim offers nothing. 

Amazing that people will go to the lengths of comparing him to Schlupp to shit on King.

****ing astounds me that we as a fan base are so desperate to disregard one of our all time greats.

Wish some of you would just do one. 3 League titles, over 320 appearances, scored in 10 successive seasons, highest ever goalscoring midfielder and yet people on here act like he's stealing a living.

No other fan base in the world would act that way, so why us?

• Like 4

Kingy comes across as being a decent, genuine guy, he has been a great servent for the club there’s no doubting that. The only problem with him is he can’t mentally or physically play in the centre of the pitch to the level we require anymore....it’s as simple as that!!

5 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Kingy comes across as being a decent, genuine guy, he has been a great servent for the club there’s no doubting that. The only problem with him is he can’t mentally or physically play in the centre of the pitch to the level we require anymore....it’s as simple as that!!

Exactly - so why do people feel the need to be hateful?

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Amazing that people will go to the lengths of comparing him to Schlupp to shit on King.

Errrr.... no they haven't. They've posed the question why one person is treated as a joke and apparently the other is "one of our all time greats", despite the fact they both played about the same role in two title wins, both youth products, both ultimately not good enough. 

****ing astounds me that we as a fan base are so desperate to disregard one of our all time greats.

It astounds me that you don't realise other people have different opinions and have seen dozens and dozens of players better than him in the middle of the park.  A lot of people would be astounded that an average player should be considered "one of our all tine greats". 

No other fan base in the world would act that way, so why us?

Overly dramatic much? Perhaps most teams wouldn't consider him an "all time great". 

It's possible to appreciate his involvement, to think he's been a fine servant, a great person to have about, to be happy if the lad wants to stay for life, to admire his longevity and ability to see off "names" and expensive purchases. But to also realise he hasn't been in many peoples best starting 11's for about 6 years or more. That a players ability should be what's remembered, rather than a load of stats linked to basically hanging around a long time. 

He, Schlupp and anyone else involved in our best years will always be admired and loved by most. But this elevating him to "all time great", "more of a legend than Mahrez" etc I just don't get. It's your opinion though, and you're welcome to it, but telling people "to do one" who have a more than reasonable point of view.... really?

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

Andy King is undoubtedly a lovely bloke, a model pro and a very loyal servant. Leicester City has been his life basically and I respect him for that, I certainly don't hate him or think he's a ****. 

Legend is subjective, there is an argument that every player in our title winning season is a legend and I'm happy with that to a degree because they will always have been a part of that historic moment, but I think that's where it starts and finishes with a lot of that bunch. 

I think right now we potentially have one of the best midfields in the league, with adequate depth but I don't really see king as part of that. He's 29 and still has some good years of football in him - I'd love for him to take stock and play week in week out for a club like Brighton, I think it could make him and I think he could really enjoy it. He will still be nothing but respected and cheered by city fans. If I was King right now, being the pro that he is, I would be chewing Brighton's hand off for a chance to start week in week out for a premier club, I definitely wouldn't begrudge him the move and I think it would be good for us, for Brighton, for Andy, for everybody really. It gives me and extra game to be interested in on MOTD too. 

I think he can still do a job for a team like Brighton, definitely, and I think now is probably the best time he has to make the most of his love of the game and play a positive part in a team. 

If he chose to stay here, fair enough, loyalty is rare in football these days but I honestly think this is a chance that at his age he shouldn't really be turning down. I have nothing but respect for players moving for the right reasons: to play regular football. Who can begrudge any player that?

Edited by SecretPro

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Know why we would be at an instant disadvantage? Because 3 of our 4 first choice CMs would be injured. 

He's 5th choice FFS, and a very adequate one. I'd guess he's one of the best 5th choice CMs outside the top 6.

lol

19 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

To be honest all I see on this forum these days is disrespectful, stupid clueless comments from apparent "fans". Whether it be Ulloa, Musa or whoever. Football moves on, teams rise and fall and at certain times different players will and will not get in our team, and will or will not be good enough. But that doesn't make them sh!t or technically poor footballers. There's no such thing at the top level of football. There's just different levels of good, great, world class. Secondly I bet when King scored the winner against West Ham to start our run to avoid relegation you were cheering the same as me, so give your head a shake. 

Everyone of our players deserves full support unless it's clear they're not giving 100%, fair criticism fine if you don't think the players are quite good enough but comments like that about a player that has given so much to the club are disgusting imo

• Like 1

Thing is we kind of need to freeze up some wages. King is on 40k. Ulloa on 30k. Musa on 60k. Slimani on 70k. Benalouane on 40k. That's  £240,000 a week either not in the squad or playing for the U23s. 

If we could move on half of these that could freeze up wages for 1 or 2 quality additions.

Schlupp was treated as a complete joke on here and laughed out of the club, yet he's won the Championship, PL and played in the CL. A youth product wirh over 120 league appearances. 

It's like when Jon Flanagan and Stan Collymore get slaughtered, rightfully so, for  committing domestic violence yet Paul Gascoigne is loveable and gets treated as a national icon despite doing the exact same thing too. 

I don't agree with nane calling anyone but I also don't understand how people cannot remain objective in judging and analysing other people.

Anyone that doesn’t like kingy or rate him etc etc he’s played under every manager we’ve had since league one. Scored some very important goals for us over the years. Played at the highest level and very rarely lets us down when called upon. Happy to train everyday and not play at the weekend, never heard a bad word about him. I’d love to see him in a coaching role for the development squad or something be good if we could keep him in the club but I’d also be pleased for him if he needed a change of club. Long live Andy King! 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Anyone that doesn’t like kingy or rate him etc etc he’s played under every manager we’ve had since league one. Scored some very important goals for us over the years. Played at the highest level and very rarely lets us down when called upon. Happy to train everyday and not play at the weekend, never heard a bad word about him. I’d love to see him in a coaching role for the development squad or something be good if we could keep him in the club but I’d also be pleased for him if he needed a change of club. Long live Andy King! 

Exactly

If he was as bad as everyone here makes out, he'd have been sold or transfer listed long ago. He's been there since the start and the only player to continually be in the managers plans. Why? He's reliable and a good player. Never lets anyone down and does his job well.

I loved it when he got a lot of stick before the Southampton game, then goes and scores. The absolute disrespect he gets, you'd think it was ****ing Dennis Wise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Thing is we kind of need to freeze up some wages. King is on 40k. Ulloa on 30k. Musa on 60k. Slimani on 70k. Benalouane on 40k. That's  £240,000 a week either not in the squad or playing for the U23s. 

If we could move on half of these that could freeze up wages for 1 or 2 quality additions.

It's not even the money. It's the fact that 5 Squad places are being filled by these players when clearly at least 4 have no future with us.

We could be either signing more quality or providing opportunities to some of the younger players.

• Like 2

Anyone disrespecting him can go **** themselves to be quite honest. Given his all to this club through it all. Yes we’ve probably outgrown him now but I’m guessing it’s the new breed of self entitled brats that are slagging him off.

Hope he gets a club where he can settle and play regular football

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Koke said:

And you know their wages how?

13 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Anyone disrespecting him can go **** themselves to be quite honest. Given his all to this club through it all. Yes we’ve probably outgrown him now but I’m guessing it’s the new breed of self entitled brats that are slagging him off.

Hope he gets a club where he can settle and play regular football

It's bad enough that we have old and middle-aged self entitled brats, the ones who have learnt absolutely nothing.

I think it would be a good move for all concerned. King is only 29 and this is a great opportunity to  get more football as at his age there is more football behind him than in front of him.

I could pick two Leicester City teams and not find a place in either for him which is ominous. Puel was talking about Amartey yesterday and said he was a midfielder who has played centre half for his country and had to learn right back. I think Puel wants to keep Amartey at the club to fill in any holes in a crisis as he can cover half the outfield positions.

Mendy could be back as well next season as an ex Puel player with him at Nice. So we have four players ahead of him in James, Ndidi, Silva and Iborra so King will be competing with possibly Mendy, Amartey and Choudhury for the 5th choice midfielder. Amartey and Choudhury may have an age advantage as Puel would prefer to develop them with game time than play King.

I can see why King would want to stay as he's settled here at Leicester but I see him falling further and further down the pecking order. Everyone leaves eventually but I think Kingy should get out of his comfort zone and move and start again at a new club where he can play some football.

• Like 2