Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

Will give him more credit if he understands that his chances of playing regularly again are very limited, now with Silva able to participate.

It'd show that he's not willing to just sit there and hope for another opportunity; and also that he wishes to pursue another challenge in football which, at his age, can be quite important.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Refusing transfer fees and paying him £40k a week just to be part of the furniture isn't viable.

There are four midfielders well head of him and he's going to be competing with Amartey, Choudhury and possibly Mendy just to be 5th choice. King isn't going to be getting any better at his age and keeping players who don't earn their corn is a ludicrous decision. 

But what about the barley? 

King as great as he has been through the years, we have now moved on and he has slowly fell down the pecking order and is 5th choice.

Now is the right time to cash in, and for him to revive his footballing career with regular first team action.

He falls in the same catergory as Ulloa,Benaloune,Musa....not really going to feature so need moving on.

Get them off the wage bill and trim down the squad.

Futures of Mendy, kapustka,Huth,Dragovic to be decided at end of the season 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

The one thing I need to know about Andy King....is he a legend??

Probably be better to start a new thread on that one......

grabs hat and runs like fook.....

Edited by norwichfox

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

The one thing I need to know about Andy King....is he a legend??

No. Been an extremely good servant to the club and will always be fondly remembered (by most :D) but has never possessed the ability, or had the impact, to be considered a legend. In FM terms, I guess he would be 'favoured personnel', or at best 'icon'. :D 

Why Fans get concerned about wage Bills,and use it has a Point to find an urgent need to

ditch players,leaves me somewhat bemused..

A top half PL Team will have ca 23-28 players,where 23-25 will be Recorded has Squad members.

Has we have Seen,Last season and This seasons,we needed,,Benny and Kingy at certain Period

Circumstance has Changed,only in the Last couple of weeks,so pushing Ideals is premature.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laura said:

If Andy King goes I won't just be sad I will be absolutely heart broken. He has been my hero since I first watched him in a Leicester shirt. I have only ever had two Leicester city heroes and the other is Muzzy. Andy's loyalty to our club has been fantastic, he never gets the credit he deserves. A lot of fans really get on his back and I have had many arguments at the game about him. If you look back over the 10 years he has been very influential for our team. I'm not just talking about in the championship and league one, in the premiership too. I think people need to remember this.

Some of the players I have watched 'take his place' I genuinely do not rate. Drinkwater was poor, I never liked him, he was carried by Kante. Iborra I also do not rate. One week good, the next awful. I think it is very unfair that King does not get the respect he truly deserves, he gets the blame when we lose even if he's not in the squad!! It's ridiculous! 

No matter what happens, Andy King will always be a huge hero of mine and I will never forget what he has done and achieved for our club ??

Leicester's loyalty to King has also been fantastic. If AK wants to play regular football then he will need to move, it's a simple as that

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Very few clubs have been on our journey in the past ten years.  We have gone from being a team that has struggled in the Championship through our relegation to Div.1, promotions to the Championship and Premier League, the great escape from relegation, the PL title and Europe.  

Every player has their peak performance level, beyond which they cannot achieve.  The average such level in our club has been rising and rising and now there is an expectation of the high standards we have achieved.  It's remarkable that any one player has managed to be part of the team over that era and for the length of that journey.  Andy King may not be the best midfielder in our club right now but he has earned the right to our respect for what he has provided.

Yes I know because I've been there for every step of the journey.

I understand what you are saying but I personally don't believe he has been given the game time he deserves. He has just been moved down the order of CM. Some fans may agree with me, some may not. He has also not been played in his best position, he is an attacking midfielder, he should be played behind the striker/s because when he gets through the defence he is a threat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laura said:

Yes I know because I've been there for every step of the journey.

I understand what you are saying but I personally don't believe he has been given the game time he deserves. He has just been moved down the order of CM. Some fans may agree with me, some may not. He has also not been played in his best position, he is an attacking midfielder, he should be played behind the striker/s because when he gets through the defence he is a threat. 

I disagree, he has been given ample opportunities to cement a place back in the side, we have to move on and agree he’s just not good enough anymore!

• Like 1