Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

King didn't even get on the bench yesterday when 10 changes were made just like he didn't in the Fleetwood replay. There are four players undisputedly ahead of him and he might be pushed further down the pecking order by Amartey, Choudhury and Mendy when he returns.

When your fast approaching 30 and you're that far down the pecking order you don't even feature in a side with ten changes then that has to set alarm bells ringing.

There is a great line in the film Moneyball which is about baseball. To paraphrase it "We all get told we're not good enough at some point, some of us get told at 40 and some of us get told 18 but we all get told eventually".

The only way I can see King being an asset to the squad is if we have a couple of injuries and Europa League football next season. King is like Ulloa now, both great players for us but both getting on in years and just nowhere near the first team. If either can get a move they should go for a fresh start otherwise they'll just hang around here wasting the last few years of their career not playing football.

So, according to Puel's indications at the press conference today and what was said on FT before, from what I gather Andy King has received offers from other clubs and it's now up to him to decide whether he wants to stick and sit around or get more games under his belt elsewhere and on loan.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So, according to Puel's indications at the press conference today and what was said on FT before, from what I gather Andy King has received offers from other clubs and it's now up to him to decide whether he wants to stick and sit around or get more games under his belt elsewhere and on loan.

I think, it would be good for him and us, if he goes on loan!

I think his gone stale here! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Do you think he’s good enough for the premier league?

There’s a few clubs who could do worse! 

Assuming each team would be happy to rotate between 3 CMs, King would almost certainly improve a few squads. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

There’s a few clubs who could do worse! 

Assuming each team would be happy to rotate between 3 CMs, King would almost certainly improve a few squads. 

I think he will link up with Chris Coleman at Sunderland.

When the manager is telling you it's probably best you leave and there are four players well ahead of you in the pecking order then the writing is on the wall as a player.

I'd like to see him leave for his own sake more than anything else as hanging around at 29 and no game time will be depressing for him. He hasn't even made the last two FA Cup match squads despite wholesale changes, if that's not a message then what is? Be brave and trust in yourself to perform for another club Kingy.

Masterstroke from Puel. The process of clearing out the dead wood and hangers on has begun. We now have far better midfielders. King is Championship quality at best. No need to thank him - hes been paid handsomely for doing very little. Fair enough he was part of the fairytale squad but i will remember him for nostalgia and not much more. 

• Like 1