Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Andy King

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

We seemingly can't sell these lads so loaning them out is the next best thing and getting them off the wage bill, albeit temporarily..

We have too many senior players who are doing nothing but collect their huge pay cheque every week, Musa, King, Ulloa, Benalouane, Slimani. By the end of the window we will only have Benny left cos nobody wants the bastard.

Maybe we can't sell them at the price we want, if they have a good loan, we could get a better price.

Its a gamble, but it could work.

17 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Compare the loyalty of Mahrez to Andy King. Mahrez isnt fit to lace his boots.

In fairness Andy king isn't wanted by the champions elect on a 200k a week deal... with a 10 million pound singing on fee,,, Offer him that and then tell me he's loyal when rejecting it...

( not that i dont appreciate the years of service he has given us.... i just dont think its the same situation)

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Looks like Swansea on loan until end of season. Good move for him. He needs to play as will not get any football here with our current centre mids. Hopefully we have some deal if he helps keep swansea up there is a clause where we get paid more. 

Musa, Ulloa and King are all probably on a better wage with us than they would get elsewhere so why not go on loan.

we will only be able to see when there is demand to buy them and at a price we are happy with.

Ulloa has paid back his transfer fee in service and we paid nothing for king.  It only spending £16m on Musa that is annoying.

i reckon we'll lose about £20m offloading Musa, Mendy and Slim

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

What a ludicrously over bloated squad we had if we can lose 4 or 5 players with little impact.

4 or 5 out but Silva in, Diabate in and Barnes in. So really we're only losing 1 or 2 in terms of numbers....

• Like 1

Just now, A86Allen said:

lollol

When has Kings loyalty ever been tested though!? No ones ever enquired or put a bid in for the lad!

He's been here over 10 years, been our player of the season twice, our top scorer once, in the championship team of the year once. He hasn't always been a fringe player, he was a very talented young prospect. There has been plenty of interest in Andy King over the years, the strongest came from Everton a few years back.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/02/25/2368302/everton-consider-move-for-leicester-city-midfielder-andy

One of the reasons he hasn't gone is because he wants to stay here.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He's been here over 10 years, been our player of the season twice, our top scorer once, in the championship team of the year once. He hasn't always been a fringe player, he was a very talented young prospect. There has been plenty of interest in Andy King over the years, the strongest came from Everton a few years back.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/02/25/2368302/everton-consider-move-for-leicester-city-midfielder-andy

One of the reasons he hasn't gone is because he wants to stay here.

I've no doubt he loves it here but that article just proves my point - the Daily Mail said Everton were interested and that's all. There was never a bid.

There was a season where he was pulling up trees in the Championship and there were whispers but after a couple of windows it died down.

I'm not saying he's not loyal, but you can't say his loyalty has ever really been tested.

Edited by Kitchandro

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I've no doubt he loves it here but that article just proves my point - the Daily Mail said Everton were interested and that's all. There was never a bid.

There was a season where he was pulling up trees in the Championship and there were whispers but after a couple of windows it died down.

I'm not saying he's not loyal, but you can't say his loyalty has ever really been tested.

If he wanted to push through a move to Everton he could have handed in a transfer request,  he didn't. A lot goes on sounding out players behind the scenes, bids are very rarely put in if a player/player's agent hasn't already indicated the player is interested in the move. Deals rarely fall down over player terms because that is all agreed in principle before a bid is put in. That is why you get situations like the current Mahrez one. If King had wanted to leave before then agents and clubs would know about it. He hasn't wanted to leave so any interest is cancelled before a bid is made, so we don't hear about it. He is now thinking about leaving so we are getting bids in.