Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What are your views on abortion?

Pro choice. Whatever the medical profession and the law deem as a cut off point is a much more informed decision than one I (or anyone else who is not a professional in a relevant field) could ever make. It's nothing to do with anyone else.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Great in theory, but there aren't enough foster parents to cover those in the system already. 

Better to have dead fetuses than unwanted children, as harsh as that sounds. 

You have a real way with words sometimes!

It's way to complicated and wonuldnt know where to start. After having a kid if my own I would never opt for an abortion unless for some reason it was a must. But are there even "musts"?

When does the right to life start? 

If we terminate unwanted pregnancies due to disability of the unborn, does this not have an impact on the right to quality life I.e euthanasia? If we know a child will be born disabled from 18 weeks, how can we not give the same right to the terminally ill?

When it comes to rape, are we not punishing the unborn for the actions of a raspiest? 

Who the duck are we the judge the quality of life of the disabled? I have no idea! 

Im no expert some my thread of thought may be wrong or I'll guided. 

If anything education needs to be a lot better in schools. Help is needed in social services. 

Anyway....Friday night ?

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah but on the NHS it’s only in extreme circumstances that they will go past 12. Private care will do it up to 24 weeks.

This is true as I’ve asked both the NHS and BUPA if I can have my son aborted. They both said no. The beer-stealing lanky twat has a stay of execution until I’ve chatted to Dignitas.

I think its a sin and you'll be going to hell.  That said it isn’t my choice, you have to live with it.  It is a shame seeing parents that can barely look after themselves with kids when there are plenty of people that can provide a home.

My sister had an abortion when she was young and regretted it.  When she was ready and trying for kids she had two miscarridges and blamed her past choice.  She has three healthy kids now. 

That said I do think there is a case for adult abortions for people who end up as a drain on society. 

51 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I think its a sin and you'll be going to hell.  That said it isn’t my choice, you have to live with it.  It is a shame seeing parents that can barely look after themselves with kids when there are plenty of people that can provide a home.

My sister had an abortion when she was young and regretted it.  When she was ready and trying for kids she had two miscarridges and blamed her past choice.  She has three healthy kids now. 

That said I do think there is a case for adult abortions for people who end up as a drain on society. 

:nigel:

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Of what? A foetus is not a sustainable life outside of the womb

Well my brother survived at 24 weeks! Which in this country is the term time up until abortion is legal! 

So abortion at 24 weeks and maybe a week or two before is murder 

Just now, sk3since03 said:

Well my brother survived at 24 weeks! Which in this country is the term time up until abortion is legal! 

So abortion at 24 weeks and maybe a week or two before is murder 

As has already been discussed, abortion after 12 weeks is only permissable in extreme circumstances, usually when the life of the mother is in danger, or the baby would have substantially reduced quality of life, or little chance of survival. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

As has already been discussed, abortion after 12 weeks is only permissable in extreme circumstances, usually when the life of the mother is in danger, or the baby would have substantially reduced quality of life, or little chance of survival. 

That's not true.

I posted this earlier (perhaps you missed it) but as you can see there are several circumstances where abortion is legal up to 24 weeks in circumstances that are not 'extreme'.

Subject to the provisions of this section, a person shall not be guilty of an offence under the law relating to abortion when a pregnancy is terminated by a registered medical practitioner if two registered medical practitioners are of the opinion, formed in good faith -

(a) that the pregnancy has not exceeded its twenty-fourth week and that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated, of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family; or
(b) that the termination of the pregnancy is necessary to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; or
(c) that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk to the life of the pregnant woman, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated
(d) that there is a substantial risk that if the child were born it would suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped.

The part underlined is frequently used (some might say abused) as a reason for abortion.

35 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's not true.

I posted this earlier (perhaps you missed it) but as you can see there are several circumstances where abortion is legal up to 24 weeks in circumstances that are not 'extreme'.

Subject to the provisions of this section, a person shall not be guilty of an offence under the law relating to abortion when a pregnancy is terminated by a registered medical practitioner if two registered medical practitioners are of the opinion, formed in good faith -

(a) that the pregnancy has not exceeded its twenty-fourth week and that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated, of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family; or
(b) that the termination of the pregnancy is necessary to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; or
(c) that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk to the life of the pregnant woman, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated
(d) that there is a substantial risk that if the child were born it would suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped.

The part underlined is frequently used (some might say abused) as a reason for abortion.

Maybe we're reading it differently, but I read that to say pretty much what I meant. I suppose it depends how the medical profession determine 'risk to mental health' though. I would have expected it to have to be pretty serious, but maybe not if it's being abused. 

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Maybe we're reading it differently, but I read that to say pretty much what I meant. I suppose it depends how the medical profession determine 'risk to mental health' though. I would have expected it to have to be pretty serious, but maybe not if it's being abused. 

A colleague of my wife's had an abortion at 18 weeks. She basically told her Dr that the kid wasn't her partner's and that her partner would know this as he'd had a vasectomy. This (she said) would result in the relationship breaking down, leaving her alone with the new kid and three others and there was no way she would be able to cope emotionally, which in turn would impact on the children.

I might add that all that said was a lie, and she has had three other abortions (pre-12 weeks). In a nutshell, she uses abortion as a means of contraception.