Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Diabolical today from Chilwell, Mahrez, Albrighton and the worst culprit was Okazaki. How Puel doesn't make changes earlier when we are that bad is beyond me?! I can understand in games that are finely poised when we're playing well but I saw no reason to keep Okazaki on past 50 mins and neither Albrighton who was horrid. That's my only criticism of Puel right now. 

Massively got away with it today, we we're equally as poor vs Huddersfield 1st half too. Thankfully they are two of the worst away teams in the division so it'll be glossed over. 

What ABV % was it? I get the impression it wasn't a walk in the park?

Edited by Colourmy

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:
Just watched @LCFC wanted to watch @vardy7 to see if I was right yep he’s a class act I’m sure he catches pigeons on his day off he’s that fast x @England will need him to stay injury free x plus a lovely family @RebekahVardy xx?

Goodjob he didn’t see him play really well, he’d have had creamy pants! Raving about him today lol he did ok to be fair, about all though.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Diabolical today from Chilwell, Mahrez, Albrighton and the worst culprit was Okazaki. How Puel doesn't make changes earlier when we are that bad is beyond me?! I can understand in games that are finely poised when we're playing well but I saw no reason to keep Okazaki on past 50 mins and neither Albrighton who was horrid. That's my only criticism of Puel right now. 

Massively got away with it today, we we're equally as poor vs Huddersfield 1st half too. Thankfully they are two of the worst away teams in the division so it'll be glossed over. 

Watford are 8th in the overall away from home table, behind us in 7th and Burnley in 6th with the overall top 5 in the away top 5.

That's the only bit of your post I can prove is wrong.

22 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

You been on the lash mate!

That's the problem, I've not. Not had a beer vs Huddersfield or Watford and thought 1st half in both games we were extremely poor. Today we were so wasteful and laboured with the ball, it was horrible to watch. I'm being harsh on them because we rotated a lot over Xmas but I think at home we've not played well for a while now. I don't like how we've gone back to 4-4-1-1 instead of 4-2-3-1, some will argue there's very little difference but the key for me is that in the latter when we had Gray, Mahrez and Albrighton behind Vardy they all interchanged and caused the opposition so many problems. Mahrez was impossible to pick up. Today he was very mediocre as he had to keep coming in to defensive midfield to get on the ball as we just couldn't move it properly from defence to midfield. 

James and Ndidi struggled to make anything happen, certainly 1st half but did get better. 

The game was crying out for a change in system to try and spark some sort of shift in mentality, Silva and Gray for sure. I also am mystified why Iheanacho got bugger all minutes. I'm annoyed. Thankful we won but irked at our performances at home right now.

Big shout out to Maguire though, who was sensational and Dragovic bar him struggling to really get anything going through to midfield was solid and Amartey had a decent game.

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Watford are 8th in the overall away from home table, behind us in 7th and Burnley in 6th with the overall top 5 in the away top 5.

That's the only bit of your post I can prove is wrong.

Right now they can't get a result for love nor money, except when we gifted them the win at their gaff a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Colourmy said:

I think it's a balance thing. Give him a rest, not for him or his attitude, for his body. As much as he looks like he'd play every day, his internals will not be as keen as he might be.

He always looked worse than albert steptoe, After night on the tiles, and a spin inside the dryer...

He still scores, Wacks penalties For fun, and has a new jungle lady who adores him...

Hes always taken sprint rests, running the %s and going  for broke on a wiff .

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

couple of other comments aside from our performance today (which I do understand may have been said before this 9th page but feel it has to be said!)

The referee - I don't want to have any kind of main focus on the referee today but some of the decisions were a bit odd. how was Deeney not booked for pulling back Gray when we were about to attack? The glaringly obvious one which I'll come on to below. Another being allowing Janmaat to stroll forward on the touchline to take a throw. It's a minor thing to raise/complain about but portrays a lack of control over the players in my opinion. Vardy kicked the ball out near the corner and Janmaat strides up level with the 18 yard line to take a throw. And just a few other decisions here and there were a bit debatable; Mahrez' potential penalty claim - looked like the defender clipped him or he dived? 

Daryl Janmaat - firstly, other than Antonio Barragan, is there another player who struggles to throw in properly?! Surely must have been on the verge of at least 2 or 3 foul throws today. Secondly regarding the same player, the embarrassing swan dive after Maguire's challenge. Unreal stuff and the referee fell hook, line and sinker for his theatrics. No player who gets contacted like that (if at all there was any) reacts as bad as he did! Leapt like a salmon 3 feet in to the air!

Lee Probert didn't make any really bad decisions... but I agree he is pernickety on little things (I always say as soon as I see him "he kicked the plastic bottle, I'm going to tell my mate the referee"!), and seems to just make generally wierd decisions.

He always reminds me of that teacher at school who thought he was really cool and one of the lads, but none of the lads thought he was!

Seems he's always trying to be mister nice guy but doesn't have the respect of the players and ends up in danger of loosing control in last 10-20 mins of a lot of games.

4 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Lee Probert didn't make any really bad decisions... but I agree he is pernickety on little things (I always say as soon as I see him "he kicked the plastic bottle, I'm going to tell my mate the referee"!), and seems to just make generally wierd decisions.

He always reminds me of that teacher at school who thought he was really cool and one of the lads, but none of the lads thought he was!

Seems he's always trying to be mister nice guy but doesn't have the respect of the players and ends up in danger of loosing control in last 10-20 mins of a lot of games.

Conversely, Mahrez tumbling like a dying fly. He was pretty fair today in light of recent events.

Edit: Sorry post by StanSP before not you Kansas.

Edited by Colourmy

Was an ok game - we didn’t have to do anything particularly inventive to win. But did enough. 

They had zero pace and little invention. 

N’didi bossed the middle and Vardy caused problems. 

Will need to be a bit zippier against better teams

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree except for albrighton. He got better as the game went on. If mahrez hadn’t scored his game would have been his worst for a long time. Didn’t seem to make sure his passes were right. Just a bit too relaxed. I’m a massive Shinji fan but today he was even annoying me falling over and could have played Vardy in a few times and didn’t. Chilwell ducked out of a challenge with deeney that could have cost us a goal. But despite it all we won...

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think they only look at offensive stats. "Team didn't concede and won the game, but didn't assist or score = 7"

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190372/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Watford-Leicester

According to WhoScored he had:
4 Tackles

2 Interceptions

5 Clearances

1 Blocked Shot

1 Foul

But they have Albrighton down as the highest rated player!!! Stats, eh!?

Wrong game.

Right game:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190394/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Leicester-Watford

7 Tackles

1 Interception

3 Clearances

2 Headers won

1 Foul

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Agree except for albrighton. He got better as the game went on. If mahrez hadn’t scored his game would have been his worst for a long time. Didn’t seem to make sure his passes were right. Just a bit too relaxed. I’m a massive Shinji fan but today he was even annoying me falling over and could have played Vardy in a few times and didn’t. Chilwell ducked out of a challenge with deeney that could have cost us a goal. But despite it all we won...

Isn't it funny how we all see different things? My view was Mahrez was standard but with a stroke of luck at the end. I didn't think he was the worst I've seen but not the best. Chilwell was okay too. Shinji always annoys, never changes and Albrighton I never see as brilliant, just studiously effective.

31 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Conversely, Mahrez tumbling like a dying fly. He was pretty fair today in light of recent events.

Edit: Sorry post by StanSP before not you Kansas.

Janmaat's was much worst than Mahrez. And I did mention the Mahrez incident anyway. But whatever.

Won't live long in the memory but another three points on the board and another clean sheet. Didn't play particularly well but decent sides manage to win when not playing well so that's a positive. 

Maguire was excellent in all areas- tackling, aerially, taking the ball forward and making things happen. Dragovic was solid too, the midfield pair grew into the game, the front players were often peripheral though we had some good moves but usually the final ball was lacking.

Will take the win and hope we improve performance-wise in the future.

1 hour ago, bluesbrothers said:

How did the Beeb give Mahrez MOTM?!? Did they just get Garth Crooks to look at the scoresheet again?

He was average today, but maybe they looked to his impact on the final result, he built the attack leading to the first goal(penalty) very nicely from the back,and scored the second goal.

Edited by SamDZ