Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

I saw him in the stands today behind Peter Schmeichel, if I could choose 1 player past or present to improve our midfield it would be him. In my eyes regardless of all his demons he is a legend!!

He was a monster and it is really tragic how his life looks like now. I was lucky enough to watch a couple of his games live (on tv). The only english player who really moved me alongside of Le Tissier and Shearer. Can remember of Lineker but still was too young to really appreciate the player he was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, murphy said:

Exactly this. 

We have monsters in our team like Maguire and N'Didi, the flair and pace of Mahrez and Vardy, we're seventh in the league and we won today yet still the armchair experts are not happy like they expect the opposition not to have any say in the match.  Aside from the miracle year, this is the best it has ever been in my 44 years.  Just fcking enjoy it and stop moaning.

Can't rep you anymore today. You still get a kudo from me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, murphy said:

Exactly this. 

We have monsters in our team like Maguire and N'Didi, the flair and pace of Mahrez and Vardy, we're seventh in the league and we won today yet still the armchair experts are not happy like they expect the opposition not to have any say in the match.  Aside from the miracle year, this is the best it has ever been in my 44 years.  Just fcking enjoy it and stop moaning.

Yeah please stop suggesting how the side might have potential flaws and just smile when we win. 

Is it not possible to suggest we werent that good despite winning, and the two wins in the last 7 were against two sides near the bottom in the form table?

Also if this is the best year youve had in 44 years aside from winning the PL, id assume you dont like cup competitions? 2 league cups and a UCL quarter final trump it for me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Really don't understand it, did people think we were going to win the league every year ??

Sitting 7th in the prem with some really good players coming thru !! A ton of clubs would change places with us in a heartbeat but so much negative here.

Yes, of course they do. Most are between 13-16 on here!

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

Crap game really. Mahrez was poor but popped up at the end to take his goal well.

Wow, after a 2-0 win, where Mahrez instigated the play that led up to the penalty and scored the second, your only observations are 'crap game' and 'Mahrez was poor' ? Are you for real?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Wow, after a 2-0 win, where Mahrez instigated the play that led up to the penalty and scored the second, your only observations are 'crap game' and 'Mahrez was poor' ? Are you for real?

Do I have to pretend it was a good game because we won?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

What game were you watching most people around  me and I agreed was that Okazaki  was excellent. If you are that critical go and watch Man City because you will never enjoy Leicester however they play

I was watching a game where Okazaki fell over pretty much every time he got the ball, often needlessly. Goes looking for it straight the way when he was starting to find space. His decision making on the ball bar his early lofted ball to Vardy was beyond words and he fluffed two half chances. If that is excellent then you lot really are easily pleased.

Shocking to see 2 CB's passing it round with patience and composure, for us. I guess some of the old guard will get back at some point soon, but if this is the direction Claude wants to go, he might want to wait for mistakes before changing anyone.

Decent performance today, showed we can compete with a really physical side. We can't play like Brazil against everyone.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Had to sit next to two guys again today who has got to be the worst 'supporters' in the world. They buy their tickets from someone who has never been to a game but bought the tickets to sell on when we went up. They have absolutely no idea what they're on about. All thethey do is moan that everyone is shit. 

The season we won the league it was all about how we're shit and every player is shit because we don't have 80% possession literally saying how can we play like this and expect to win the league without any irony what so ever. Now we don't counter enough. Everyone in the team is shit. But Maguire is 'Alright'. Constantly talking about how everyone needs to be sold and we need a new defence, midfield and attack.

They kept repeating the same joke that nobody found funny about mahrez not being worth 100 pence let alone 100 million pounds. Every time James touched the ball they were moaning saying he's shit and not good enough for this level blah blah blah. One of my personal favourites about N'didi being shit and bringing nothing to the team. 

They were screaming at mahrez for being shit in the build up to the penalty. Then it was okazaki's fault then saying it was never a foul and it was dive. Everytime they come it's 90 minutes of why everyone we have and everything we do is shit and watching them is a waste of time. 

So what I'm trying to say is if you were these fellas sat in J2 Row X Seats 231/232 just don't ****ing come again. If you know them. Tell them don't ****ing come again. Thanks. 

I think they should introduce an Uber-style rating system for the people surrounding you and if you don't get a high enough score you can't have a ticket. Soon get rid of these folk and smelly supporters.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Good result in the end. Vardy does very often look Fleetwood standard though, time is catching him up I'm afraid. At 1 nil, it looked a bit moody. 

His penalty was quality, text book, his touch, not so. He looks like he needs to play 2 out of 4, not every game.

What?

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's the problem, I've not. Not had a beer vs Huddersfield or Watford and thought 1st half in both games we were extremely poor. Today we were so wasteful and laboured with the ball, it was horrible to watch. I'm being harsh on them because we rotated a lot over Xmas but I think at home we've not played well for a while now. I don't like how we've gone back to 4-4-1-1 instead of 4-2-3-1, some will argue there's very little difference but the key for me is that in the latter when we had Gray, Mahrez and Albrighton behind Vardy they all interchanged and caused the opposition so many problems. Mahrez was impossible to pick up. Today he was very mediocre as he had to keep coming in to defensive midfield to get on the ball as we just couldn't move it properly from defence to midfield. 

James and Ndidi struggled to make anything happen, certainly 1st half but did get better. 

The game was crying out for a change in system to try and spark some sort of shift in mentality, Silva and Gray for sure. I also am mystified why Iheanacho got bugger all minutes. I'm annoyed. Thankful we won but irked at our performances at home right now.

Big shout out to Maguire though, who was sensational and Dragovic bar him struggling to really get anything going through to midfield was solid and Amartey had a decent game.

You aren't wrong, but the oppo have come to frustrate and nothing more in both games. Their shape yesterday was the same as Palace without a zaha to rip us one on the counter. We aren't great at playing team who come to do that, but it's going to happen more and more when you are in the top 7. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah please stop suggesting how the side might have potential flaws and just smile when we win. 

Is it not possible to suggest we werent that good despite winning, and the two wins in the last 7 were against two sides near the bottom in the form table?

Also if this is the best year youve had in 44 years aside from winning the PL, id assume you dont like cup competitions? 2 league cups and a UCL quarter final trump it for me.

You can do what you want.  There's a difference in tone between criticism and the negative constant moaning I kept reading.  Some of our fans are coming across as entitled tw@ts.  How about some credit for what has been achieved?

Of course I enjoyed the cup wins and I loved the M'ON team, but come on, this team is so much better and with so much more quality than M'ONs team.  I wonder how much you slagged them off at the time?

Back then of course, I felt we were invincible and then along came Peter Taylor and a decade in the wilderness.  Things can change so quickly in football and we could be back with a team of Elvis Hammonds again before you know it and then you will realise that you spent the best era this club has ever had moaning.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 4

It was a good solid performance and I thought 1-0 would have flattered Watford. The full time score was just about right.

We score some great goals but seem to control a lot of games rather than actually dominate them. I  might feel different if I hadn't missed the Spurs game but for me there's been no stand out home performance this season as yet.

If anyone wants to dig out a Gladiator "Are you not entertained ?" GIF then feel free.

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I think they should introduce an Uber-style rating system for the people surrounding you and if you don't get a high enough score you can't have a ticket. Soon get rid of these folk and smelly supporters.

I'd like that. It could work. 

Just on the moaning fans theme... has anyone else noticed the trio of grown men in the Kop, dead centre and about half way up, who lose their shit whenever the oppo goalkeeper takes a long time? Particularly the one pointing to his invisible watch.

Yesterday I genuinely thought one of them was going to have a burst blood vessel, he was absolutely furious, I mean seriously furious at the fact their keeper was taking a particularly long time. I'd usually find it amusing but we were 1-0 up at the time. The keeper could've stood there like that for the rest of the game for all I care if we're winning. Genuinely could not understand the three of them losing it when we were winning??!??!??!

Anyway, they provide entertainment otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Just on the moaning fans theme... has anyone else noticed the trio of grown men in the Kop, dead centre and about half way up, who lose their shit whenever the oppo goalkeeper takes a long time? Particularly the one pointing to his invisible watch.

Yesterday I genuinely thought one of them was going to have a burst blood vessel, he was absolutely furious, I mean seriously furious at the fact their keeper was taking a particularly long time. I'd usually find it amusing but we were 1-0 up at the time. The keeper could've stood there like that for the rest of the game for all I care if we're winning. Genuinely could not understand the three of them losing it when we were winning??!??!??!

Anyway, they provide entertainment otherwise.

I used to sit in the kop a few rows behind the watch pointer, never really noticed his mates though. 

I was next to someone yesterday who kept going on and on and on about Cheesy Nacho, I’m putting it down a few pre match pints. 

Not a particularly great game for the history books, more a ground out 3points against a competent mid table team.

Back four (esp Maguire) looking good.

Ndidi and James did well on a very physical game.

Shinji falls over too much, he is pretty good when upright.

Mahrez wasn't getting much until his goal, which was sublime, mostly because he was heavily marked until Watford chucked on too many strikers. Silva deserves credit for his cameo that created the space and ball for Mahrez's goal.

All 3 wingers did look better after Shinji came off. More 4231 at that stage.

Vardy had a good game, but his finishing is not what it was. It is not rubbishing him to have a bit more rest time for an ageing striker who relies on pace. I hope Nacho can take his turn so Vardy can stay fit for the World Cup. He deserves that and will always be a legend.

Puel! If only he had been in charge the whole season...

He has overhauled this team in six months and getting better all the time. 

Good times are back

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

... Puel ...

If only he had been in charge the whole season...

He has overhauled this team in six months and getting better all the time. 

Good times are back

I echo that feeling. We seem to have someone in charge at last who really knows what he's doing, and who is bringing a feeling of confidence and optimism back to us..

What I find amazing is how he is starting to achieve it in such a short space of time. You aren't the only contributor on here to talk about 6 months, but in fact he was appointed on 25th October, which means that he has done it thus far in under 3 months, which is incredible, considering the shambles it had become.

Hope I haven't put the hex on him now!

• Like 2