Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Could also be a simple understanding perhaps they were told in 2015/2016 they were watching the best team in the league and you can understand the confusion when we had nowhere near 70% possession like they were saying in the papers and the papers even got are colours wrong being more Blue and white than white and blue and they were clearly struggling working out which of our players were Kane,Dele,Son and co even Potch looked a lot older and greyer than he did on MOTD. 

Why do they even go? Sounds like a miserable way to spend a day. Haha

These clean sheets are quite enjoyable, and we haven’t sacrificed the fun part of the game. 

Might have gotten away with one when Deeney was called offside, and Harry bailed out Dragovic later in the game, but the back four had a solid showing. 

Vardy looks as fast as ever, and the Gray-for-Okazaki swap was a master stroke.

I think we’re all feeling pretty good right now, and the boys have a great opportunity to pick up more points before the Man City game. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I understand people’s frustrations but as we grew accustomed to the passing style and teams sit off us, these matches are going to happen more and more. 

Its respect to where we find ourselves and how teams view us. I’m sure the Top six teams have this same feeling 

I am beginning to see why we may have a rivalry with Spurs. And why I seem to have an unnatural dislike of them. We are the next team to break in, after them. Of course the joy of it all is that we won the league (yes we did) in the process.

Great result and it do like the new style, but do get a bit frustrated when what look like promising breakaways turn around and end up with the back four or Kasper. I didn’t think the first half performance was all that. Watford unlucky to be 1 0 down at half time.

Other minor criticisms:

- Why don’t substitutions come earlier when players are are clearly tiring?

- Not Riyad’s finest match recently, but being the player he is, he only needs a few seconds of magic.

- Gray for all his undoubted technical ability still finds it difficult to actually be effective.

- Shinji is great, but would still trip over a matchstick.

Aside from that, good performances all round.

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Great result and it do like the new style, but do get a bit frustrated when what look like promising breakaways turn around and end up with the back four or Kasper.

I think they're getting the balance just right tbh.

It's not even going back to Kasper often because Maguire and Dragovic are comfortable playing it out.

And then on the occasions where we hit them on the break it's a good thing that players are now recognising when the attack has broken down and go back to retaining the ball.

It used to be that we forced the issue, lost the ball and were countered ourselves. Or we took a touch too long waiting for an obvious pass and ended up hitting it hopeful and long to Vardy.

Too many fans frown on teams having posession and not going forward at every single opportunity. It's daft and wasteful.

On 21/01/2018 at 15:11, Abrasive fox said:

Yes we are doing well, but we've also got the most expensive squad we've ever accumulated, have spent consistently in the top 6/7 clubs on transfer fees, so we are kind of where i expect us to be.

Im pleased with the progress of the club but we are where we should be now abd should have been last year so forgive me if i cant get carried away with beating a mediocre side at home. 

My only criticism of Puel thus far is the debacle of the Man City QF....but some of our fans think finishing 7th is a trophy.......

Depends how you look at it.  We do have an expensive squad but not the team.

On Saturday we had two freebies in Albrighton and Chillwell, Dragovic free on loan, £3.5m covers Scmeichel, James, Vardy and Mahrez, and £45m for Maguire, Shinji, N'Didi and Amartey.  A world away from M O'Ns team but for a total of £48.5m our first team costs peanuts by today's premier league standards.

Edited by murphy

On 20 January 2018 at 18:17, FoxesDeb said:

Just back and not going to read the whole thread, I'm so excited that we seem to have real options now, for the first time in a long while. We really are playing some beautiful football. I thought Mahrez didn't really look like he was interested at times, at others he was sublime, I really want him to stay though. Also, thought Watford's strip made them look like little Santas! 

lol I said the same thing, looked like Santas Victorian bathing suit. 

• Haha 1

Thought we were fortunate against a team devoid of belief and confidence - don't mind the style of play (decent football and still with a long ball to Vardy in us at times) but we need to be making better decisions in the last third.  We (Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton and Gray) passed when we should have carried on and played too many through balls which were either too strong or took the receiving player too wide.  That's wasteful at this level and we could easily have been pegged back.  Thought Kasper had one of his better games distribution wise and also under the high ball.  Mahrez was mostly off the game (and as for his bottling out of challenges!)  but great goal and always a threat which takes 2 opposition defenders out of the game as they double up on him.  Shinji, just don't fall down ffs.

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 18:30, Wymeswold fox said:

Still not convinced regarding Chilwell - seemed to get out of position at times.

Hes been told to get on the front foot, and get forward. Attacking FB s always get caught out of position.

Easy shot for fans looking to criticise...