Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

3 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Mate. I am Diabetic myself. Have been since the age of 7, so I will never tire of a little joke of something that I manage to control, even through sugary cider sessions and the odd close call! Nothing to worry about, life goes on Chief!

To be fair my wife is too. I’m with @Colourmy Couldn’t give a toss about this pun. Got to be able to have a sense of humour in the face of such stuff. At least it’s funnier than people saying ‘Ian Nacho.’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This Vardy debate may be valid, but for me, he looks just fine, and one or two people are probably doing the standard thing of fitting an argument to their held perception. 

He was class today, I'm just musing what's to come. He will deteriorate eventually!

Good result in a game of pretty low quality. We played some ok stuff but our final ball into the box was usually overhit or didn't beat the first defender. Also cut the short cornes, totally useless.

Defensively we looked pretty good and withstood their corners and set pieces pretty well. Maguire and Dragovic were very good. Ndidi was excellent and unlike others I thought James was a disappointment. He never really got into the game for me and doesn't provide much creativity. He did ok but no more. Pleased for Amartey who did ok though looks a bit lost going forward. Chillwell needs to do more attacking wise but had a good game overall.

Vardy ran their back line ragged reuslting in an injury to Wague. His lack of goals from open play is a bit of a concern though but you can't fault his other contribution to the team.

We huffed and puffed for the second goal but lacked that final bit of quality until Mahrez yet again provided it.

7th place is excellent and credit to Puell. We're playing some decent stuff but some way to go to complete the transition.

• Like 2

Right, our rise to seventh on the back of sinking a well-documented bogey team of ours has me dreaming of my ultimate scenario for the season...

• Last game of the season, after a great run and finally breaking our hoodoo against both Arsenal and Bournemouth in the process, we beat Twattingham Squatterspurs 0-1 at the national stadium with 20% posession to nick fourth and sneak into the Champions League.
  • Arsenal proceed to win their final game against Huddersfield and leapfrog them into fifth.
  • Meanwhile, Bristol City have somehow won the League Cup and a random team like Swansea win the FA Cup, leaving the Spuds with nothing at the season's end.

If Carlsberg did seasons. :ph34r:

If that's too farfetched for some, assume a top 4 winner of the League Cup, replace fourth with fifth and move everybody else down a place, so Spuds still get fuch all. Am I also right in thinking that fifth gets a UCL playoff if an English team wins it?

:riyad:

Edited by bluesbrothers
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

Right, our rise to seventh on the back of sinking a well-documented bogey team of ours has me dreaming of my ultimate scenario for the season...

• Last game of the season, after a great run and finally breaking our hoodoo against both Arsenal and Bournemouth in the process, we beat Twattingham Squatterspurs 0-1 at the national stadium with 20% posession to nick fourth and sneak into the Champions League.
  • Arsenal proceed to win their final game against Huddersfield and leapfrog them into fifth.
  • Meanwhile, Bristol City have somehow won the League Cup and a random team like Swansea win the FA Cup, leaving the Spuds with nothing at the season's end.

If Carlsberg did seasons. :ph34r:

If that's too farfetched for some, assume a top 4 winner of the League Cup, replace fourth with fifth and move everybody else down a place, so Spuds still get fuch all. Am I also right in thinking that fifth gets a UCL playoff if an English team wins it?

:riyad:

Just go out for a bit mate.Have a cheeky pint or two and relax pal!

My nan has diabetes, and I find the Diabaté stuff funny.

Stop being so sour, victory is sweet, sugar. :ph34r:

Just go out for a bit mate.Have a cheeky pint or two and relax pal!

Way ahead of ya, duck. :beer:

Edited by bluesbrothers
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

My nan has diabetes, and I find the Diabaté stuff funny.

Stop being so sour, victory is sweet, sugar. :ph34r:

If my nan wasn't long gone, I'd find it funny too. Life is too short to have hang up's on common issues!

Edited by Colourmy
  • Thanks 1

Tough team to play against - they have a load of big strong lads!  This made the game a bit ragged at times especially in the first half.  Second half we were slicing through them with ease at times but just lacked the final ball/ end product.  Good performances all round I thought.  At one point Vardy sprinted right across the pitch in pursuit of one of their defenders and eventually got the ball off him - this really roused the crowd and gave the whole team a lift - one of the things he regularly does as well as scoring and creating chances!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Thought we were going to see a punch up between N’Didi and N’Deeney

My wife wasn't watching but could overhear my stream and she commented during the game there was some confusion for those listening.

We had Ndidi and Deeney.

In the 2nd half, D Gray and A Gray

and at the end when our Silva came on, he walked past their manager, Silva.

lol

• Haha 1

I'm Ndidi's biggest fan but thought he was awful first half. So we're most though, and all improved second half. 

maguire motm for me. Vardy brilliant as always. Bit worried about Gray - just not sure he quite has enough to break into the starting XI permanently. 

Other slight concern  is how wasteful we were in the final third at times today. We should've been out of sight by 60 mins. 

Maguire was close to perfection today. What a player, what a signing.

Ndidi's game is improving all the time. Second half today he was immense. Our midfield is him and A.N Other. I hope we get to see Silva partner him soon as I don't think James has the talent or athleticism to ever be more than half decent.

I thought Vardy had his best game for a while today. I can't think of any other striker who frightens defenders with raw pace like he does.

Amartey, Dragovic, Okazaki all did well today. And a majestic goal from Riyad to crown an excellent win.

Happy days - Europe here we come!