Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

What would you like to forget?

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think I’ve said enough. I’m out :thumbup:

Crikey. Such a sinister sounding series of posts. I don’t think I’ll be able to appreciate your normally cheerful disposition in the same way ever again lol 

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’ve done a few things in my life that I’m not proud of. Some things I would never tell my friends or family. Things I have never told anyone and never will.

They’ll haunt me until the day I die and are secrets I’ll take to my grave. I probably think about them most weeks and would dearly love to forget them.....but I can’t 

Did you put the milk in first once, Izzy?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Some of my shit posts on FT :ph34r:

We all wish that, Para... :D

42 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’ve done a few things in my life that I’m not proud of. Some things I would never tell my friends or family. Things I have never told anyone and never will.

They’ll haunt me until the day I die and are secrets I’ll take to my grave. I probably think about them most weeks and would dearly love to forget them.....but I can’t 

You were once a Forest fan?

You're dead to me.

20 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Well, we'd never sign a player called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, would we? lol

Yeah, well that's easy for you to say.

A shit I had in Ecuador, we were already in the arse end of nowhere and we walked an hour further into the arsehole of nowhere in this tiny village. It was like the Trainspotting toilet but much more third world with mosquitoes and bloody toilet paper on the floor. Honestly I wish I’d just shat in a bush. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If someone else had done the things that cause you so much grief could you understand them?  Could you forgive them?  

I've done one thing I wish I could take back now but I can't and in my darker moments I hate myself for it.  But it's done, I'm not perfect, I probably wouldn't do the same thing again and I try to do the right thing when I can now.  So when I'm not down I try to avoid punishing myself for what are my human frailties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I'm a paramedic, have been for 30 years 

Oh jeez yeah I thought you might be with the username. I can't even imagine. Don't want to actually. You're a hero though my friend.

8 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

If someone else had done the things that cause you so much grief could you understand them?  Could you forgive them?  

I've done one thing I wish I could take back now but I can't and in my darker moments I hate myself for it.  But it's done, I'm not perfect, I probably wouldn't do the same thing again and I try to do the right thing when I can now.  So when I'm not down I try to avoid punishing myself for what are my human frailties.

Yeah, I could definitely understand and forgive others if they’d done the same. Like you say, we’re only human and we all make mistakes.

Looking back, these things happened during times of immense pressure and stress in my life and I definitely wasn’t thinking straight. Sounds like excuses but I made the wrong decisions in the moment that I clearly wouldn’t do now.

It it is a form of self loathing and torture but it’s done and way in the past. Just can’t forget them and certain things trigger those memories. But it gets slightly easier as the time goes by I guess...

Just now, Col city fan said:

Bloody Hell Buce! I thought that was meant to be a therapeutic thing? Seeing your loved one at peace, type thing.

Well, it wasn't.

Her facial muscles had relaxed, and her false teeth had been removed, distorting her features even further. She looked like a completely different person.

40 minutes ago, Buce said:

Seeing my mother after she died.

Whenever I think of her now, that is the image that I see.

I was with my wife when she went to see her mum in the chapel of rest. She looked nothing like she did in life and it really upset my wife (and me tbh). So I kind of get what you mean, Buce.

Also my own mum when she was in the final stages of her life.