Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Ivan used to be the man when I went in after playing footy ...   stayed there all night  ...   but also spent a lot of time in the Union and the Rut ...     good old drinking hole Aylestone ...    bit different now.

The union is alright, been done up recently in the lounge area which is ok. 

Rutland went a few years ago as you probably know. I’ve still not tried the new place The Ale stone, heard it’s quite nice but I’m not really into my real ale’s.

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The union is alright, been done up recently in the lounge area which is ok. 

Rutland went a few years ago as you probably know. I’ve still not tried the new place The Ale stone, heard it’s quite nice but I’m not really into my real ale’s.

Been to the Ale Stone once ..  didn't like it so haven't been again.     Not my cup of tea but seemed fairly busy.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Eugh really? What have you heard? 

Walked by it on Sunday and it was Carling, Coors and Guineas etc on tap. It’s gonna be a run of the mill sports bar.

I like the two tailed lion alot but apparently they've had issues keeping their beer in this heat to the point barrels have blown which does make it seem a bit wanky and crafty.

Swan is opening on Friday, like I said  I've heard opening on matchdays only and it's crap beer. Good it's still a boozer, crap it'll be a crap boozer.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2018 at 17:54, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like the two tailed lion alot but apparently they've had issues keeping their beer in this heat to the point barrels have blown which does make it seem a bit wanky and crafty.

Swan is opening on Friday, like I said  I've heard opening on matchdays only and it's crap beer. Good it's still a boozer, crap it'll be a crap boozer.

Leicester ale page on Facebook has had a call with the owner and has confirmed there are 3 ales and a guest Ale as well, obviously time will tell with how this pub will go tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Looking for recommendations for a dog-friendly pub with a nice big beer garden, which serves food, around Leicestershire (preferably not a million miles from town). Any ideas?

The Old Horse Pub on London Road. That ticks all the boxes, lovely huge beer garden, dog friendly, food and just opposite Victoria Park for a walk after!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Looking for recommendations for a dog-friendly pub with a nice big beer garden, which serves food, around Leicestershire (preferably not a million miles from town). Any ideas?

The Three Crowns in Wymeswold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Bakers arms in Blaby mate hands down. Lovely little pub.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

The Old Horse Pub on London Road. That ticks all the boxes, lovely huge beer garden, dog friendly, food and just opposite Victoria Park for a walk after!

Ran by complete bellends who treat their staff like scum but the pub itself ticks all the boxes and as a customer you won't see any of the issues.

11 hours ago, baker11 said:

The Bull in Broughton Astley.

Haunting ground for all the coke heads in b-town but if you go pre 9pm you'll be fine. My mate once crashed into the front of the pub when hammered.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Any decent food pubs around Countesthorpe Blaby way? Doesn’t matter if it’s a bit further as long as the food is good. 

I'm that way and I like The Shires in Peatling, and last night we went to Pesto in Desford and loved it. Neither are too far away 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1