Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

New Leeds crest

Please tell me there was a guy going for a Leeds badge Tattoo this afternoon who hadn't heard the news of the change, the tattooist looks up Leeds Utd badge online and precedes with this new one (even better if it's a large version covering the guys upper body leaving a Christmas jumper type look with his face directly above the badge). Please, please please....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

lj5HNCf.jpg

Their badge has changed no end to be honest, I never realised how much. The 80's / 90's one is the one most remember as being Leeds, but it's not even be that for ages.

Just looking at that image... The new one isn't that bad in  comparison. What the hell were they smoking in the 70s?! 

Best one out of that is from their "classic" era of the mid80s/late90s. 

• Like 1

The thing is with badge changes, they are almost always going to be universally unpopular. People do not like change, when there is something familiar they are attached to, they will naturally be uncomfortable with it suddenly being different.

People can set their watches to the details of their clubs badge when they've grown up with it seeing it all the while.

Even the changes made to our badge since the mid/late 90s, when I was a child, have been at best unnecessary and at worst very annoying.

Leeds United are "holding another consultation on the design", according to LUFC managing director Angus Kinnear - that's this man here:

Untitled_2.jpg

Previously at West Ham and Arsenal.

Prior to this, he was senior group brand manager or youth brands at Coca-Cola GB, a brand strategy consultant at Mountainview and a brand manager for laundry and homecare at P&G.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/west-ham-poaches-arsenal-marketing-chief-board-role/1220933

The P&G bit could explain why the crest looks so squeaky-clean. :D 

Edited by MC Prussian

I’ve just found this thread.

And am pretty gobsmacked and at the same time fairly unsurprised.

Every time I spend time in Leeds and go out at night I hope it’s moved on and not the place that lacked tolerance for diversity the last time I visited.

Sad stuff.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

The thing is with badge changes, they are almost always going to be universally unpopular. People do not like change, when there is something familiar they are attached to, they will naturally be uncomfortable with it suddenly being different.

People can set their watches to the details of their clubs badge when they've grown up with it seeing it all the while.

Even the changes made to our badge since the mid/late 90s, when I was a child, have been at best unnecessary and at worst very annoying.

Name one change to our badge since that era that's made you "very annoyed."

We've genuinely just about coloured in the nose and ears and altered the font. Wholesale changes I could fully understand but if you get very annoyed by that then good grief. It looks just as good if not better than it did in the 90s.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Name one change to our badge since that era that's made you "very annoyed."

We've genuinely just about coloured in the nose and ears and altered the font. Wholesale changes I could fully understand but if you get very annoyed by that then good grief. It looks just as good if not better than it did in the 90s.

Our current badge, today, is the best version of itself. Won’t be bettered.

the walking fox is class but we won’t ever get anything that simplistic again

Having thought about this for a bit, I can see the dilemma is trying to create a crest with something unique to Leeds. Traditionally it has been the white rose, but this is representative of Yorkshire as a whole, rather than Leeds. Some clubs have an obvious "emblem" - such as our Fox, or Wolves or Arsenal's "Gun". But Leeds don't have such an emblem. When I think of Leeds I think of Billy Bremner or Jimmy Savile, but they can't have him on the badge. So it would seem they do have an identity crisis. But their fanbase is probably the most famous thing about them and I guess that is what has lead to this dreadful design. 

8 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

What is #MOT and why do they need their cars serviced so badly?

Plus ifsomeone started an online petition to keep it, it would go viral and 2 million would sign it for giggles tomorrow.

#MOT is Mouldy Old Twat. I think it's a reference to the city's nightlife!

44 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Having thought about this for a bit, I can see the dilemma is trying to create a crest with something unique to Leeds. Traditionally it has been the white rose, but this is representative of Yorkshire as a whole, rather than Leeds. Some clubs have an obvious "emblem" - such as our Fox, or Wolves or Arsenal's "Gun". But Leeds don't have such an emblem. When I think of Leeds I think of Billy Bremner or Jimmy Savile, but they can't have him on the badge. So it would seem they do have an identity crisis. But their fanbase is probably the most famous thing about them and I guess that is what has lead to this dreadful design. 

I beg to differ.