Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

Lovely stuff yesterday, watched again on motd and everything. I remember Claude's first game thinking ' I am actually enjoying this ' and I been thinking that way ever since. 

Great from the whole team really especially diabates and nacho , as has already been said. Great sub at the right time with ndidi. 

To be fair to gray and albrighton to an extent why not have a pop at goal when your 3 up against lower league opposition? If there's ever a time that's it. 

Great to think that a whole squad is shaping up with genuine competition for most places. Even vardys and mahrez will need to make sure they play well with younger players knocking on the door. 

Would be very satisfying to smash Everton next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

To your casual viewer, he's inoffensive and says stuff that will only annoy those that actually know anything.

It shows the unfortunate state of punditry really. If you played the game you've got the job regardless of how good you are. No real interest to understand teams from outside the top 6. Use lots of generalisations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

We were on long after Liverpool. The order of games showed clearly favoured the "bigger" teams in the PL. Even Newport - Tottenham was shown prior to our game. lol

"Even", behave. If Spurs had recorded a routine win I'd agree, but a lower league side coming away with a result is clearly more interesting for neutrals than us twatting Peterborough. 

Edited by Voll Blau

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Even", behave. If Spurs had recorded a routine win I'd agree, but a lower league sise coming away with a result is clearly more interesting for neutrals than us twatting Peterborough. 

Still makes you wonder why Millwall - Rochdale and Southampton - Watford (!) were on before the coverage on our game..

With regards to our fourth goal yesterday, the BBC commentator mentioned something about Gray trying to pass the ball, didn't he?

But when your shot on goal gets deflected by an opposing player and then the opposing goalkeeper spills it, then it creates a new scenario and thus Diabaté cannot be offside, correct?

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

With regards to our fourth goal yesterday, the BBC commentator mentioned something about Gray trying to pass the ball, didn't he?

But when your shot on goal gets deflected by an opposing player and then the opposing goalkeeper spills it, then it creates a new scenario and thus Diabaté cannot be offside, correct?

No, he was 100% offside. Only way he wouldn't be would be if the opposing player deliberately passed to him. As the shot was played, whether saved, deflected or otherwise, Diabate was offside. 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It shows the unfortunate state of punditry really. If you played the game you've got the job regardless of how good you are. No real interest to understand teams from outside the top 6. Use lots of generalisations. 

Agreed. That's what power and money do, they coerce the thought process. 

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

god danny murphy is a worm isn’t he. diabate plays well which “proves mahrez will be on his way”. there is so much wrong with that. 

It really is poor reporting. People like Murphy, Savage etc need to stay relevant/controversial. There playing careers were mediocre so it isn't a "coup" for the media outlets to secure them as pundits. They fill a gap but are quite easily replaced. If the BBC had the opportunity to get Henry or Sky had the opportunity to get Shearer, that would be a coup based on their reputations and the interest their playing career has generated for them to "pull in viewers". The lesser players make up for mediocre careers by being controversial and having a dig at the "smaller clubs".

if we finish 6th (above Arsenal) and win the FA cup, is a move to Arsenal that much more appealing in reality compared to Murphy's interpretation as to what should be the countries big 4/6 clubs? Of course not but it won't stop him having a dig.

Same occurred with Merson after Ranieri was sacked. Poor footballers, got lucky etc etc, if you hear his comments now, they are far more complimentary - however he used the media hype surrounding the sacking to get pages and remain relevant. 

I would take most of what the mediocre footballers of their time say with a pinch of salt. Controversial agents In their ear telling them to remain relevant. Mahrez may leave but only an absolute ninkampoop can take a young player starting over a first team regular, in a FA Cup game against lower league opposition, as any form of indication. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TrentFox said:

That really is extremely disappointing. I was hoping for something like Henry VIIIth walks into a pub with Scotsman, an Irishman and a  pig ........

That's not a very nice way to talk about Finnegan and his countrymen. 

Cracking day out yesterday- love Peterborough away even when we lose (as we usually do there), so it was great to watch us win so convincingly. 

Not sure what the police were playing at in the morning, they were totally unprepared. We headed further into town to get some breakfast at the other Wetherspoons or O'Neills, and were confronted by about 20 police outside who were not letting us in anywhere and trying to sort an away only pub. No idea why that hadn't already been allocated if that's what their plan was. In the end we just walked back up the road and into the Sir Henry Royce. By the time they realised and tried to restrict it, there were already plenty of us in there and they just stopped letting Leicester in after that. I'd say there didn't look like there was any trouble brewing all day, but it all kicked off in there after the game lol

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Yes - I wondered if I'd wandered off the guy in mind so I'm sorry if I was confusing.

Even though I agree with your social/political self-classification as European, I'm sure that the inherent tribalism in societies often generates a more specific identification. Which is why we (humans) have such organisations as national football teams, armies, borders and the like. Internally there are significant loyalties to religious and cultural groupings which are vociferously and sometimes violently promoted by their adherents. Ethnicity is very important to many people in their self-identification.

As to the English being Anglo-Saxon or Norman - that was true-ish a thousand years ago - much has changed since then. And Normans were from Denmark originally - never French.

But we all support Lestah!

Word. I'm a great big mixture of Leicester by birth, English, Scottish, Yorkshire, Jewish, and of course British, European Caucasian. None of it makes me better or worse, as long as I remember to be a human being. 

6 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Yes - I wondered if I'd wandered off the guy in mind so I'm sorry if I was confusing.

Even though I agree with your social/political self-classification as European, I'm sure that the inherent tribalism in societies often generates a more specific identification. Which is why we (humans) have such organisations as national football teams, armies, borders and the like. Internally there are significant loyalties to religious and cultural groupings which are vociferously and sometimes violently promoted by their adherents. Ethnicity is very important to many people in their self-identification.

As to the English being Anglo-Saxon or Norman - that was true-ish a thousand years ago - much has changed since then. And Normans were from Denmark originally - never French.

But we all support Lestah!

Well, I agree it's all a matter a time. But the Normans were in France for about 500 years. Seem French to me. But really, identification of based on ownership of the dirt you were born on and team you've scored for: the group grouping is easy for me!

Yesterday was excellent from us even though a complete mismatch.

Had no problem with the experimental side named.after being so dependant on the players who served us well from the 2 title wins it was good to be taking something of a risk.after Claude's impressive start he was entitled to do so yesterday.

Almost everyone was active but gray and Barnes were a bit below par.

The occasion might have got to Barnes. If he was playing for Barnsley he might have stood out more. Gray looked like he was as about to step up a few weeks ago but he's gone off the boil again. 

Diabate ran the show. Real to the manner born stuff. Worked his way close to the league match day squad on that show certainty.

Other than that nacho took his goals well. A slight improvement recently but still just behind vardy. Silva good but looked to be uneasy at times. with the muddy fields of English football

Been lucky to avoid a premiership team so far but a quarter final would be good to reach and then anything could happen.

Peterborough came out to get in our faces and get physical but our attitude was superb and we matched their physicality, which was all they had, then the gulf in class between the two was far too much for Peterborough. 

Great at to see Kelechi on the score sheet and gaining some confidence, whatever anyone says about him he is an elite finisher.