Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Peterborough came out to get in our faces and get physical but our attitude was superb and we matched their physicality, which was all they had, then the gulf in class between the two was far too much for Peterborough. 

Great at to see Kelechi on the score sheet and gaining some confidence, whatever anyone says about him he is an elite finisher. 

Which is something we have lacked for years 

Thought the only downside to the game (sorry) was the lack of end product from Gray. The amount of space he had turning into their half was embarassing, he made some great runs but so very rarely made anything of it. Held on to it for too long, picked the wrong pass or let off a tame shot (aware the parry from one led to Diabates 2nd). It's something for him to work on though and wingers are inconsistent by nature, just hope he starts maturing and improving in the final third.

Really good win, we did what we needed to do which was have a go right from the start and it was comfortable after half an hour!. Diabate showed some great footwork and took his goals really well. looks like we may have found another gem!.while it was good to see Nacho get a couple of goals it was Silva that looked really impressive and can't wait for him to become a first team regular!. Pundits like Paul Merson just don't know what they are talking about when they criticize Leicester for making ten changes and he just made himself look really stupid. Puel put out a team he thought would win the game and he was proves right, at the end of the day we have a squad of over twenty players and we need to utilize all of them over an entire season.

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've finally snapped with Murphy, he can do one, I didn't used to mind him but he just talks such crap about us.

I'm not averse to anyone being critical of us but himself and merson were embarrassing on Saturday.

That said if we continue to prove people wrong it's a small price to pay.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've finally snapped with Murphy, he can do one, I didn't used to mind him but he just talks such crap about us.

It is annoying when you look at the "big teams" rotating heavily.  Not to mention the fact that no one performed as well as we did.  I know it shouldn't do my head in but I'm with you, really fvcks me off.  I remember being at Leicester Uni (longer ago than I care to admit) and taking a load of my (none Leicester supporting) uni mates to watch us play.  Can't remember what game it was but was towards the end of the O'Neill era and against one of the bigger teams.  Whatever it was we performed well and all my mates were singing our praises.  Then I watched Match of The Day and the reporting was so biased and uninformed (lucky Leicester, etc) that I actually wrote a letter of complaint.  Yes, yes, I know how annoying I must have been but that kind of thing really pisses me off.  The media are, in my opinion, one of the biggest ills of this world.  X

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

It is annoying when you look at the "big teams" rotating heavily.  Not to mention the fact that no one performed as well as we did.  I know it shouldn't do my head in but I'm with you, really fvcks me off.  I remember being at Leicester Uni (longer ago than I care to admit) and taking a load of my (none Leicester supporting) uni mates to watch us play.  Can't remember what game it was but was towards the end of the O'Neill era and against one of the bigger teams.  Whatever it was we performed well and all my mates were singing our praises.  Then I watched Match of The Day and the reporting was so biased and uninformed (lucky Leicester, etc) that I actually wrote a letter of complaint.  Yes, yes, I know how annoying I must have been but that kind of thing really pisses me off.  The media are, in my opinion, one of the biggest ills of this world.  X

Is that you Mr. President?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Agree with just about all of this. Gerbold's post earlier in the thread said it all. It's all part of maintaining a natural order / status quo. They don't want a provincial midlands club upsetting the glory hunters.

Now in fairness to Merson, he's probably heard '10 changes' and snapped, and I actually half sympathise with him as I've largely been an advocate of naming stronger sides in the cup, especially after that Fleetwood away game, but when you assess the actual team we put out it really wasn't that weak. It was comfortably a stronger side than we named at Fleetwood. Three of the back four have been in our most regular XI this season. Iborra and Silva are both likely to be regularly starting for us but circumstance has dictated otherwise. Gray's had a lot of gametime, Iheanacho was signed to play first team football eventually and you had two unknown quantities in Barnes and Diabate, the latter happening to be the best player on the pitch on the day.

I moan about excessive changes, saw our team and reacted 'that's a quite strong side actually' and I couldn't believe it was ten changes. I think it's testament to how well Puel has rotated, really.

But as per usual, Tottenham, 7 changes, couldn't beat a League Two side, and not a word is said about them disrespecting the cup.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agree with just about all of this. Gerbold's post earlier in the thread said it all. It's all part of maintaining a natural order / status quo. They don't want a provincial midlands club upsetting the glory hunters.

Now in fairness to Merson, he's probably heard '10 changes' and snapped, and I actually half sympathise with him as I've largely been an advocate of naming stronger sides in the cup, especially after that Fleetwood away game, but when you assess the actual team we put out it really wasn't that weak. It was comfortably a stronger side than we named at Fleetwood. Three of the back four have been in our most regular XI this season. Iborra and Silva are both likely to be regularly starting for us but circumstance has dictated otherwise. Gray's had a lot of gametime, Iheanacho was signed to play first team football eventually and you had two unknown quantities in Barnes and Diabate, the latter happening to be the best player on the pitch on the day.

I moan about excessive changes, saw our team and reacted 'that's a quite strong side actually' and I couldn't believe it was ten changes. I think it's testament to how well Puel has rotated, really.

But as per usual, Tottenham, 7 changes, couldn't beat a League Two side, and not a word is said about them disrespecting the cup.

That's because BBCs darling Kane wasn't dropped!

3 hours ago, M0901 said:

That's because BBCs darling Kane wasn't dropped!

Or because it's Spurs who could probably take machine guns onto the field with them, gun down the opposition players, manager and sections of the fans with them and still get people licking the shit out of their arseholes.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Or because it's Spurs who could probably take machine guns onto the field with them, gun down the opposition players, manager and sections of the fans with them and still get people licking the shit out of their arseholes.

You say could as if people weren't still toadying to them after they tried to commit GBH on as many Chelsea players as possible the night we won the title... 

Just adding to this rotation debate. 

'English football' wants respect for the Cup. Why have the FA and the leagues combined the schedule so poorly?

Third Round comes days after four games in 8 or 9 days. 

Fourth Round is three or four days before an entire midweek schedule including the Championship. 

Fifth Round is three or four days before a Championship midweek schedule. 

If you position the rounds what allows a full week's build-up either side, you'll get full teams out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just adding to this rotation debate. 

'English football' wants respect for the Cup. Why have the FA and the leagues combined the schedule so poorly?

Third Round comes days after four games in 8 or 9 days. 

Fourth Round is three or four days before an entire midweek schedule including the Championship. 

Fifth Round is three or four days before a Championship midweek schedule. 

If you position the rounds what allows a full week's build-up either side, you'll get full teams out. 

100% deliberately done just to try and nullify any competition to the Premier League.