Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Is it just written in scripture somewhere that unknown, obscure, worth very little players from France will always become world beaters when signed by Leicester? I mean its only Peterboro but whatever man Diabate killed it

Hearing he's failed a drugs test!... Insulin abuse! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Aesc said:

Great professional performance overall, other than a lackadaisical 20ish minutes at the start of the second half.

Iheanacho looked sharp and showed some nice touches, two of which were excellent finishes. That cross from Fuchs was a thing of beauty.

Maguire didn't have much to deal with, but what he did do, he did very well.

I think Silva was a massive influence. He set the tempo, closing down from midfield and, other than a few moments when he got caught in possession, he passed it around nicely and with purpose. He knicked the ball from a throw in and drove forward before the first goal. I like how he pushes up to the edge of the box and plays those little passes in tight areas. He gets around all over the pitch almost effortlessly, he's great to watch. Him and Ndidi would be my preferred pairing now. On that note, I was pleased Wilf got a goal. He's deserved one with how he's been playing.

Now, Diabaté. What a debut. I don't care what league the opposition are in. To come in at a young age, to a different team in a foreign country, and play that well, without a hint of nervouness, shows he has something about him. In that 90 minutes he showed evidence of great technique and dribbling skill, pace, good movement, selflessness, good decision making, and an eye for goal. Hopefully he'll show it consistently and against better opposition; with the mentality shown in how he approached his televised debut, I think there's reason to be optimistic he can. It's only one game, but he didn't look out of place playing alongside those of our players who have proven themselves at a high level. Man of the match, can't ask for much more.

Concise, comprehensive, accurate and nicely presented - a bit like Leicester's performance. Nice one.?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Brilliant game, only downside was the short arse bald **** infront of me who kept repeating the same 3-4 jokes all game, laughed historically and looked around at his mates to see who else was laughing at them. Nobody was laughing...

@Izzy Muzzett on an unrelated note, are you a short bald bloke, late 40's?

Loving 'laughed historically'. Phones can be such a pain... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Brilliant game, only downside was the short arse bald **** infront of me who kept repeating the same 3-4 jokes all game, laughed historically and looked around at his mates to see who else was laughing at them. Nobody was laughing...

@Izzy Muzzett on an unrelated note, are you a short bald bloke, late 40's?

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Loving 'laughed historically'. Phones can be such a pain... 

I think he just means Izzy's jokes are really old.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Best thing about this thread is the old men calling Iheanacho, ‘Ian Nacho’ because of autocorrect.

I do hope the peope who took Thracian to task over despicable homophobic comments take you to task for your vile ageist comment. There is no place on this forum for such vile comments in the 21st century, I'm outraged :P

downloadfile.jpg

1 hour ago, Aesc said:

Great professional performance overall, other than a lackadaisical 20ish minutes at the start of the second half.

Iheanacho looked sharp and showed some nice touches, two of which were excellent finishes. That cross from Fuchs was a thing of beauty.

Maguire didn't have much to deal with, but what he did do, he did very well.

I think Silva was a massive influence. He set the tempo, closing down from midfield and, other than a few moments when he got caught in possession, he passed it around nicely and with purpose. He knicked the ball from a throw in and drove forward before the first goal. I like how he pushes up to the edge of the box and plays those little passes in tight areas. He gets around all over the pitch almost effortlessly, he's great to watch. Him and Ndidi would be my preferred pairing now. On that note, I was pleased Wilf got a goal. He's deserved one with how he's been playing.

Now, Diabaté. What a debut. I don't care what league the opposition are in. To come in at a young age, to a different team in a foreign country, and play that well, without a hint of nervouness, shows he has something about him. In that 90 minutes he showed evidence of great technique and dribbling skill, pace, good movement, selflessness, good decision making, and an eye for goal. Hopefully he'll show it consistently and against better opposition; with the mentality shown in how he approached his televised debut, I think there's reason to be optimistic he can. It's only one game, but he didn't look out of place playing alongside those of our players who have proven themselves at a high level. Man of the match, can't ask for much more.

You are Thracian and I claim my five pounds...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i thought gray was really good? always a threat and most our good moves came from him finding space and driving forward with the ball. 

Me too.  I thought he was lively throughout.

Don't get the need to praise Diabate by kicking Gray.

• Like 4

Loved that Diabaté and Nacho were passing the ball and feding each other. Gray started that way but then got a little greedy wanting a goal. Albrighton took far too many shots when he came on, he should have been crossing for the others we could have scored many more.

Silva was amazing in the first half but gave the ball away a few times in the second. Iborra didn't have a good game - not his normal standard, Wilf was great when he came on. Maguire was the pick of a rather poor defence and Hamer has dropped below Jako for me on that performance.

Benny and simmo particularly poor and Barnes the worst of the lot.

Great win, clinical finishing but not the outstanding performance some people are making out. Well the second half wasn't, the first half was extremely good going forward.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

but they both played against the same team, i would excuse gray if he wasn't playing but diabate (imo) is ahead in the pecking order

Quite a statement after one match.

Diabate looks a very good player, no doubt, but he'll need a run of games and time to settle in before deciding if he's ahead of Gray