Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Brilliant game, only downside was the short arse bald **** infront of me who kept repeating the same 3-4 jokes all game, laughed historically and looked around at his mates to see who else was laughing at them. Nobody was laughing...

@Izzy Muzzett on an unrelated note, are you a short bald bloke, late 40's?

Anyone else curious as to what the jokes were? Come on let us decide how historical they were please @TiffToff88

Big difference between that and Fleetwood is we looked up for it from the start, also we were playing our usual formation, Silva was also a lot sharper, Iheanacho more confident and Diabete fitted into our system in a way that Slim, Musa and arguably Nacho don't. 

1 hour ago, eastendfox said:

Not getting carried away with Diabate, good debut, but that doesn't always lead to good career... but did as much as he could. How good is Ndidi that he totally owned the midfield as soon as he came on.

They were rubbish mind.

Without Ndidi's timely introduction, the outcome could have been different. Unlikely, but possible. With him on the field, the momentum swung immediately back to us after a shaky 15 minutes and they never got another look-in. His influence is becoming more Kante-esque with every game, and you can't give any higher praise than that.

• Like 3

I know Fussy Diabetes plays in a different position but he kinda reminded me a little bit of Kante. At least in the first half he was all over the shop making tackles, going for interceptions, always trying to move us forward and always having a positive attitude. Cant wait to see more of him. Wonder how he’d work with Vards if he’s this great with Kelechi :)

I've been kind of dreading this game for a while, ever since it was drawn I was expecting yet another anti climax trip to Peterborough. I even had a dream last night we lost to them.

And for what? We were absolutely superb. Bar the first ten minutes of the second half we were fantastic, regardless of how bad they were we played some great football today. Diabate brilliant, Iheanacho lethal, Silva accomplished.

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Great perfomance. Don't understand why according to merse it's a disgrace for us to not play vardy but acceptable that kane doesn't play for spurs. Merse talks aload of shit. 

Apparently it's because they are fighting for Europe whereas we have no chance currently sitting in what has been a European spot more times than it's not.

Fat cockney jellied eel eating,knees up mavver braaaahhhhn loving cretin that he is.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Apparently it's because they are fighting for Europe whereas we have no chance currently sitting in what has been a European spot more times than it's not.

Fat cockney jellied eel eating,knees up mavver braaaahhhhn loving cretin that he is.

I take it you feel exactly the same as me when I hear his nonsense. 

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I take it you feel exactly the same as me when I hear his nonsense. 

I think so, but maybe not as strongly or blatantly anti person as you are ?

(You need to chill out and not let things get to you so much)

Edited by gw_leics772
****ing merson. Not ****ing person. ****ing smartphones
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Anyone else curious as to what the jokes were? Come on let us decide how historical they were please @TiffToff88

Joke 1: "Oh look, their number 11 has the ball again, how shit is he!?" *Histerical laughter*

Joke 2: (after half time) "Bring the skip back on, he's your best player" *more histerical laughter*

Joke 3: (every time Peterborough lost the ball) "Oh well done, good effort" *laughing so hard at his clearly hilarious joke that he nearly gives himself a heart attack"

9 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Joke 1: "Oh look, their number 11 has the ball again, how shit is he!?" *Histerical laughter*

Joke 2: (after half time) "Bring the skip back on, he's your best player" *more histerical laughter*

Joke 3: (every time Peterborough lost the ball) "Oh well done, good effort" *laughing so hard at his clearly hilarious joke that he nearly gives himself a heart attack"

But in what historical context?

• Haha 1

Would prefer to lose our clean sheet streak today rather than Wednesday. Real professional job today, could have easily been a tricky game, however, in the first half, Peterborough definitely played into our hands. I thought they'd be in our faces, giving us no time on the ball, but they gave us acres of space. Diabate and Iheanacho were sublime today. Onto Wednesday!  

Really comfortable today, that was enjoyable to watch! 

Was impressed with Diabate.. has the raw building blocks to do well. Different kettle of fish against prem defenders but a great debut. 

Silva sauntered around with ease and love his link up.

Iheanacho looked a constant threat around the 18 yard box, he certainly knows where the goal is!! 

Gray and Barnes guilty of not letting the ball go a key moments, but can't hold it against Barnes to much as he was desperate to score and make a name for himself, Grays more seasoned and needs to release, he'd be more lethal if he did. All in all though a very enjoyable performance.

42 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

That really is extremely disappointing. I was hoping for something like Henry VIIIth walks into a pub with Scotsman, an Irishman and a  pig ........

• Haha 1

2/10 poor banter

7/10

1/10 poor banter

• Like 1

I really thought it was going to be me!

i was in the toilet before the start and my phone rang and it was my mate asking me where I was.

”I’m with cock In hand”stopped the call.

finished my slash and said “fooking estate agents”

tbf the the rest of the slash brigade thought it was funny,but I guess you had to be there.

ps I’m 6ft 4 and receding slightly 

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Haha 3