Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

I thought we had a big chance in the Carry-Booooo cup ...    sadly I was completely wrong ...    :(       

Not that I haven't got over it yet ...

Anyway, we're still in there on this one so the fat lady is still in her dressing room at the moment ...    :)

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't think we've had a home draw in the FA Cup since Newcastle in 2014/15. We're well overdue a home draw this time, I'd be happy with anyone lower league but especially Coventry.

11 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Leicester v Coventry

Man United v Man City

Spurs v Chelsea

Something tells me this is going to happen. It would if it were Caraboa, that fvcker is more rigged than a pirate ship!

• Haha 4

Personally for me:

1. West Bromwich Albion (Premier League) Winnable but would rather avoid

2. Leicester City (Premier League)

3. Huddersfield Town (Premier League)/Birmingham City (Championship) Would take either

4. Notts County (League Two)/Swansea City (Premier League) Would take either

5. Manchester United (Premier League) Avoid

6. Sheffield Wednesday (Championship) They'd charge us about £40 so avoid

7. Manchester City (Premier League) Avoid

8. Coventry City (League Two) Would take

9. Millwall (Championship)/Rochdale (League One) Would take either

10. Southampton (Premier League) Would take them at home

11. Brighton & Hove Albion (Premier League) Would take them at home

12. Wigan Athletic (League One) Avoid

13. Hull City (Championship) Would take them 

14. Newport County (League Two)/Tottenham (Premier League) Avoid

15. Chelsea (Premier League) Avoid

16. Sheffield United (Championship) Would take them but already been there once this season

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I need Newport and Notts County to win to stand any chance of going to a new ground from that lot.

Haven't been to Hillsborough for ages though and out of the prem teams another trip to Brighton wouldn't be the worst of it.

I need Newport, Rochdale and Notts County. I'd love the latter too but can't see them beating Swansea.

I like Hillsborough but they'd charge us about £40 so I'd rather avoid. And we've already done Blades this season.

Edited by Fox92

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I need Newport, Rochdale and Notts County. I'd love the latter too but can't see them beating Swansea.

I like Hillsborough but they'd charge us about £40 so I'd rather avoid. And we've already done Blades this season.

Oh yeah Rochdale as well. Realistically they are more likely to get through than the other two but I really really don't want Spurs, Swansea or Millwall away.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

You think we have more chance of progressing if we get Tottenham at home rather than Wigan away? :blink:

Honestly, yes.

Wigan have won 23 games already this season. It's exactly the sort of game we'd lose. But it's probably me being a wimp.

Spurs are in Turin in the mid week before the FA Cup 5th Round. They'd put out a reserve side and at home I'd fancy us.

Best draw would be someone like Hull I think.

Good enough to be respected, yet bad enough their mind will be on championship survival and not on the FA cup, if its away its on a nice surface, and there isn't that feeling of wanting to create a real upset like a Coventry, Wigan, a Millwall/Rochdale for example would sense.

Edited by Donut

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly, yes.

Wigan have won 23 games already this season. It's exactly the sort of game we'd lose. But it's probably me being a wimp.

Spurs are in Turin in the mid week before the FA Cup 5th Round. They'd put out a reserve side and at home I'd fancy us.

I don't think they would, they'd play their best XI in Turin and there would be minimal resting of players against us.

It's a no brainer that I'd rather play one of the best sides in the third tier away rather than one of the best sides in the country at home. I'd much rather us face Will Grigg than Harry Kane.

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't think they would, they'd play their best XI in Turin and there would be minimal resting of players against us.

It's a no brainer that I'd rather play one of the best sides in the third tier away rather than one of the best sides in the country at home. I'd much rather us face Will Grigg than Harry Kane.

I seriously doubt we'd face Kane if we drew them at home. Their fixture list reads as United at home on the 31st, Liverpool away on the 4th, Newport at home on the 7h, Arsenal at home on the 10th, Juve away on the 13th, 5th round on the 17th followed by Palace away on the 26th.

I'm not suggesting that I actively want us to draw Spurs. I just think I'd feel more comfortably playing them at home than Wigan away. I understand that that sounds utterly daft

Edited by AKCJ

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly, yes.

Wigan are three games behind the rest of League 1 and every successful cup game calls off another one. Likely for their game against Rochdale to be called off tomorrow too. It will begin to catch em up. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly, yes.

Done his homework ??

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I seriously doubt we'd face Kane if we drew them at home. Their fixture list reads as United at home on the 31st, Liverpool away on the 4th, Newport at home on the 7h, Arsenal at home on the 10th, Juve away on the 13th, 5th round on the 17th followed by Palace away on the 26th.

With those fixtures we could be breathing down their neck by the end of Feb.

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wigan are three games behind the rest of League 1 and every successful cup game calls off another one. Likely for their game against Rochdale to be called off tomorrow too. It will begin to catch em up. 

That's actually an excellent point. They'll probably have to start Saturday -> Tuesday -> Saturday for the whole of Feb, March and April.