Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, Babylon said:

Then so be it, £40m in the summer is still more than gettable even if he strops all season. The extra £10m is neither here nor there for any premier league club, it's about principle and letting everyone know it's Leicester City than dictates the transfer of our players and not the players, agents or other clubs.

But then you possibly open up the notion that if a club unsettles a player in a window with an unacceptable bid, the player can just have a strop and the buying club get a cut price deal further down the line

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

But then you possibly open up the notion that if a club unsettles a player in a window with an unacceptable bid, the player can just have a strop and the buying club get a cut price deal further down the line

I'd rather take the gamble than taking less money just on the odd chance a player is a total bellend.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say we should have let him go for £65m. The way things stand, his value could drop significantly if he isn't playing. We may end up taking something like £50m in the summer window, having paid an unhappy player £100k a week to bring nothing but bad vibes into the club for a few months. People keep saying the owners are rich, don't need to sell unless we get £75m etc... but keeping a good atmosphere and morale in the squad surely has to be considered too? Likewise because they are so rich; £10-15m extra is nothing to the Thais!

Man city weren't offering £65 million, they were offering £50 million and a player they valued at £15 million who played for them once and then they loaned him out to Celtic 2 years ago. A key player who no-one had ever heard of before.

I wonder if he has considered that he might be shooting himself in the foot?

Potential suitors might be concerned that if he doesn't get a transfer when he wants it, he'll down tools and dissapear.....

Hardly installs confidence for an owner to fork out top dollar

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I wonder if he has considered that he might be shooting himself in the foot?

Potential suitors might be concerned that if he doesn't get a transfer when he wants it, he'll down tools and dissapear.....

Hardly installs confidence for an owner to fork out top dollar

And he’s got form. Did something similar while on trial in St Mirren years ago, though admittedly under different circumstances.