Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Very likely Diabate will play now and Mahrez will be left out if still here. No matter what happens his head will be all over the place.

Surely we'd start with Gray and Albrighton.

We'd be leaving ourselves really short on senior wingers with only Diabate on the bench, having just got rid of Musa.

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

Someone coined it earlier. Our owners are honourable businessmen, he shook hands and stuck around waiting for an offer over 50, he has played ever so well this season fulfilling his part of the deal, tomorrow I believe he will leave for no more than 60.

50 mil at the time of that agreement is not 50 mil now though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Sané is out for max 6 weeks and Jesus is back in a week or two. I doubt they'd invest so heavily in a player purely to plug a month's gap in which they might be very slightly light on options. If they want Mahrez they want him on January 1st, not after a couple of minor injuries on January 30th.

The problem is they have so much money they can spend a fortune on players just for cover. 

But if Guardiola is such a tactical genius surely he could manage for a few weeks down to the "bare bones" of D Silva, B Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling and Aguero as attacking options? Not to mention all of the world's best under 21 talents that they are stockpiling at their billion pound academy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's not losing him that annoys me it's the timing of it and the joke bid.

Exactly, that's it.

I think we're all resigned to losing him over summer, but the timing is not only inconvenient but a massive kick in the nads. Even if he doesn't end up going he's unsettled again.

A itk on the Blue Moon forum reckons this is a done deal.  Just the fee to be agreed apparently.  Mahrez has not travelled to Everton (Liverpool).  Also reckons clubs have been talking for the last two days.  Man City certainly buying the league this season and possibly the European Championship. 

Just now, suffolk fox said:

A itk on the Blue Moon forum reckons this is a done deal.  Just the fee to be agreed apparently.  Mahrez has not travelled to Everton (Liverpool).  Also reckons clubs have been talking for the last two days.  Man City certainly buying the league this season and possibly the European Championship. 

A few that we're miles apart on. Roma would have been a done deal as well but we told them to sling their hook.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Well its not a done deal then is it..

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:
  • If I were him and u don't let me go.... i'll do a Sanchez... Will give u bearly 25% of efforts, take the wage and wait till the contract end...does'nt matter 3 4 years fucxk that... Then will go for free.

I just wish he had chosen to represent France rather than your tinpot country

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Its shit like this that makes me want to hate football. Yes its always been around and yes there will be 'one offs' that can win the league, every what 100 years. 

But on the whole the richest will most likely be the ones crowned champions.. :( 

18 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Mahrez would obviously leave to go to City, but I highly doubt we'd let him go this late in the window. Why would Man City leave it so late? Seems daft.

Because their manager needs to justify spending £100 million on a player. This way he can say they had to pay top dollar because it was so late in the window.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Surely we'd start with Gray and Albrighton.

We'd be leaving ourselves really short on senior wingers with only Diabate on the bench, having just got rid of Musa.

Yes fair point they both have more experience of the league.They might be pissed off if he did get in ahead of them.

But Diabate showed a lot of promise on Saturday. He didn't look like he was fazed by any of it.

More importantly he brought others into the game and scored two good Goals. As debuts go it was a good one.

I hope the Club dig in and Keep Mahrez though.

Forget the ‘gentleman agreement’. At the end of the day the owners will do what’s best for the club. Surely they know, to us, he’s worth well over £60m. I hope I’m right and we don’t just sell because we’re pressured to do so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

100m and sign ben arfa on a free. good window

Even with that fee for Mahrez, I really don't think this would be good business. We'd be replacing our best ever player at the peak of his form with a 31 year old who has failed to deliver in the PL, has a track record of disciplinary problems and who hasn't played a top flight game for 6 months. 

• Like 1