Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

upping the bid by £5m is cheeky as fvck. And also embarrassing and laughable in equal measure.

They've been told what we value him at. Hope the club stand firm and Rudkin's forms of communication with other clubs mysteriously stop functioning for 36 hours. 

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Even with that fee for Mahrez, I really don't think this would be good business. We'd be replacing our best ever player at the peak of his form with a 31 year old who has failed to deliver in the PL, has a track record of disciplinary problems and who hasn't played a top flight game for 6 months. 

we can spend big in the summer and have MA FD DG and hatem as cover until the summer its adequate 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

alternative is he, throws toys out of pram play shit and value goes down. 

Its one thing playing well to attract big bids, once they rejected do you not think he will become disillusioned.

I'd take the risk of him throwing his toys and playing shit rather than us bowing down to the big clubs again. Someone needs to stand up to them and tell them to get fu*ked. Yes we may only get £40m in the summer but out of principle I wouldn't sell. We don't need the money but I guess that's easy for me to say when I'm not bankrolling the club haha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Its one thing playing well to attract big bids, once they rejected do you not think he will become disillusioned.

He only cost us 400k, we’ve had a title out of him and like others have pointed out, the money does naff all for us as fans. I think it would be more entertaining to watch him throw a wobbly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeh but we shouldn’t just bend over backwards and sell him because he wants to go. The deal needs to be done that’s best for the club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If City spend £75m on Mahrez in this window after spending £57m on Laporte then football is well and truly finished! Absolutely ridiculous! And putting in a bid/enquiry or whatever it is, is just a piss take the day before deadline day. I have no issue with Mahrez wanting to join a big club and win trophies and play in the champions league every year and I actually want that for him but not under these circumstances. We clearly can't get a replacement now so it's just utter shithousery from city. If they wanted him they should have bid at the beginning of the window. And I'm not having that it's just because sane is injured. Chelsea did the same with DD and we need to show we won't keep getting ****ed over by the big teams. They are actively trying to weaken other teams in the league and not just trying to strengthen  themselves. 

Crazy premler league completely out of control, salary cap just have to be introduced like rugby union otherwise the richest club simply buy titles and the rest ?

• Like 1

Just now, foxoffderby said:

we haven't  but I was saying I would take 100m Ben arfa on a free and spend big in the summer in a previous post. Keep up jon 

Sorry mate. I always start reading these threads on the last page. 

• Like 1

You are 

11 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He needs to go now, the club cannot thrive with this kind of drama going on. Leicester will get a good price & Mahrez will warm the bench in Manchester 

What a stupid comment, sell for a third of what he's worth and we will have Karma? lol

• Like 1