Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

He may get some minutes in the Champions League which is the big draw but as for the league they have already won it more or less so that will be no achievement.

I agree this late in the window we should be asking a premium. 80/90m would probably do it.

They could win the Champions League though. I don't believe this would be happening now but for the injury they sustained in the Cardiff match.

Persoanlly I'd like the club to come out and say we have let Man City know what the figure is we would accept and have asked them not to contact us again until they agree to that figure 100%. Don't broadcast the figure but say to them if they leak it we will pull out of any deal.

If they do then I think we should probably let him go with great reluctance.

50 million, what a shock, the price we wanted in July. It’s obvious to me, we’ve told him he can for that over the summer after he had had an inconsistent season, now he’s playing well again and some muppets in France and Catalonia have over inflated the transfer market we want more and he feels like we’ve gone back on our word putting further pressure on us to accept. They’re playing a clever game, only advantage we have is there’s not much longer than 24 hours to go and he knows full well if he goes back to half arsed performances he will struggle to get a move. We might see this one through but he’s going either this window or the next.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No bids - just enquiries 

subtle difference

It’s clear that they want him. Man City ITK’s have confirmed that this began yesterday. 

Not sure we can knock back an ‘acceptable offer’. It’s not his fault the market has gone a bit mad. 75m should be sufficient despite what many on here think. It’s just the timing that stinks but you need to thank that Welsh git for that.

Bit unfair blaming Finners.

1 minute ago, Antoine said:

They bought Aymeric Laporte a defenser for £57m and want Mahrez a PL champion and Player of the Year for £50 ? ??? something wrong here ??

One day I pray football fans will work out football transfers are not algerberic equations 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

50 million, what a shock, the price we wanted in July. It’s obvious to me, we’ve told him he can for that over the summer after he had had an inconsistent season, now he’s playing well again and some muppets in France and Catalonia have over inflated the transfer market we want more and he feels like we’ve gone back on our word putting further pressure on us to accept. They’re playing a clever game, only advantage we have is there’s not much longer than 24 hours to go and he knows full well if he goes back to half arsed performances he will struggle to get a move. We might see this one through but he’s going either this window or the next.

Spot on.

39 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Imagine if you were Mahrez

Stay and play well for another 6 months, 6 moths later naah - so and so has sold for 200m we want 150m for you now.

He stayed he played well, he earnt the club another 25m+ on top of whats was offered 4 months ago.

65-70m

he should be allowed to leave.

With big payouts if he wins champions league, or voted POTY ever again.

If he stays after the window we could offer him a new 3.5 year deal, 150k a week with an £80m release fee. That way he can go whenever he wants if someone stumps up the cash.

Man City buy Walker, Stones and Laporte for an average of about £55m each and they think we should roll over for a similar amount for a player far, far superior to those three.

We bought Slimani and Musa for the same price, we're not Fleetwood Town, they should respect our valuation or fcuk off as we're not willing sellers.

Personally think it’s all bollox. Too much of a coincidence with the price from the summer , plus I think they contact the club to find out what we would roughly want before they actually make a bid, not ring sky up and tell them how much we’ve turned down.

Not that clever. We hold his contract. They pay what we want or he doesn’t go. Things have moved on since the summer and £50 million. Professional game. They should all realise this. 

£80 million plus will buy him I think. 

Personally  I doubt Man City will offer that. Think he stays until summer. 

33 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Yeh but we shouldn’t just bend over backwards and sell him because he wants to go. The deal needs to be done that’s best for the club.

Exactly this. We sell him on our terms at the right time for the club  at the right price for the club. If he wanted to leave so desperately he shouldn't have signed a 4 year contract. I'd rather see him moan and rot in the u23's than us bow down to a big club again. Us smaller clubs may not be able to compete financially but we can stop the big teams poaching our players whenever they feel like it! 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

If he stays after the window we could offer him a new 3.5 year deal, 150k a week with an £80m release fee. That way he can go whenever he wants if someone stumps up the cash.

Man City buy Walker, Stones and Laporte for an average of about £55m each and they think we should roll over for a similar amount for a player far, far superior to those three.

We bought Slimani and Musa for the same price, we're not Fleetwood Town, they should respect our valuation or fcuk off as we're not willing sellers.

Thought he still has 3 1/2 years on a 100 grand a week contract and will probably sell for 80 million anyway. Why give him the 50 grand extra