Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

given the amount of money Man City have just spent on a defender who hasnt played in the league or anything and they are only offer 2 million less for Mahrez, its a bit of a joke tbh,

can see why he'd want to go there but he'd be in the same boat as Bernardo Silva, be a first team player but mainly used as a sub and mainly playing in the cup games, 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Obviously once the  window is closed.

The release clause ensures we get a good price and it ensures he gets to go. He continues to put in a shift for us for the remainder of the season as opposed to sulking.

He wont sulk again regardless, he's tried that. 

Plus good price? They're gonna be back again I guarantee it so if your happy with 60/70 you've nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Assuming your stance on this is the same as Mercury Geoff? 

I don't know what their stance is but the club hold all the cards here. Man City have to go big to get him. The owners are not stupid, they surely won't let him go on the cheap. Just because he's done a transfer request it doesn't mean he's off. He's under contract. We don't have to sell. I've always felt he'll move this summer unless there's 80-90 million on the table now.

• Like 1

the club asked for 50 to let him go, they only have themselves to blame. the window doesn't end in the 15th or 30th.

that's the sad reality, the management knows he wanted to leave, he put a shift in waiting for an offer, now the offer is here, it's up to them to do what they want.

i would understand if mahrez throws a fit if the offer is more than 50 million

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dear Riyad. Arsenal are currently losing to Swansea. Stay with us till the end of the season and we will finish above them. Then you may leave. Deal?

And here was me thinking that this thread was just doom and gloom! Had completely missed that scoreline 

Delighted that the club are not being bullied into selling on the cheap, and they seemed to have learned from having their pants pulled down with Kante.  We got a decent fee for Drinkwater and holding firm over Riyad.  It's so hard to break into that top 4 when your star players always want to leave.  We broke up the dynasty in an epic way two years ago, but it will not be done again for a long, long time sadly.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

the club asked for 50 to let him go, they only have themselves to blame. the window doesn't end in the 15th or 30th.

that's the sad reality, the management knows he wanted to leave, he put a shift in waiting for an offer, now the offer is here, it's up to them to do what they want.

Nope things change. The market has increased dramatically therefore a replacement will cost us more. Balls in our court 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

The appealing thing for Mahrez though is with the way Man City are this season he could find himself with a champions league medal come May. To be honest I'd luv to see this club work harder keeping there players but if you've got a player around sulking would you want him here?

Sorry but they've just signed an uncapped defender for £57 million, £50-60 million is not going to cut it. 

He cost us next to nothing, he's under contract for two and a half more years, there's no rush on our part. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That was at the start of the summer before Neymar was sold for £200m. Fees have somewhat escalated since then.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Nope things change. The market has increased dramatically therefore a replacement will cost us more. Balls in our court 

let's hope the 50 million figure was just for the summer because if not, mahrez will not be happy.

the club can hold out for what ever they want, it's the "50 million" that bothers me. no one will win. if it is true, you can't expect riyad to stay happy if the club isn't honoring the agreement

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

We sold an out of form Drinkwater for £35m so why accept £55m for a top quality player bang on form?

If Mahrez had been crap this season then I'd happily have sold for £55m but he's one of the best players in the league again so his quality has been underlined.

VVD went for £75m

Couthinho for £144m

Man City have bought an uncapped centre half for more money a couple of days a go.

We're reluctant sellers whatever the price, if we must sell we should at least feel we got a fair price otherwise no deal.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We sold an out of form Drinkwater for £35m so why accept £55m for a top quality player bang on form?

If Mahrez had been crap this season then I'd happily have sold for £55m but he's one of the best players in the league again so his quality has been underlined.

VVD went for £75m

Couthinho for £144m

Man City have bought an uncapped centre half for more money a couple of days a go.

We're reluctant sellers whatever the price, if we must sell we should at least feel we got a fair price otherwise no deal.

Nowadays a defender is minimum £50m 

Edited by Antoine

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

VVD went for £75m

Couthinho for £144m

like i said before, it's all about the 50 million talk, if it is true, the club is losing either way. what a mess! :nigel:

Just like the end of August, we are left wondering  how the hell we get a replacement in on the final day. he should have been told in August that no offers after the 24th would be accepted and similarly, if a gentleman’s agreement exists with the owners that an acceptable bid would see a deal go through this window, that should have expired a week ago. His representatives should be aware and this charade could have been avoided. I don’t understand how we end up in this situation. 

• Like 2