Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Just over 24 hours to get a replacement

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Gray is absolutely nowhere near good enough to be playing week in, week out.

We found Mahrez for peanuts in the French second tier - who's to say we have to go out and spend 50-60 mill on a replacement?

A few months ago some on here were practically saying Gray was better than Mahrez.

And if that is the case we've already found his replacement in Diabate- just ask Danny Murphy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

A few months ago some on here were practically saying Gray was better than Mahrez.

And if that is the case we've already found his replacement in Diabate- just ask Danny Murphy 

He's been a victim of that weird Leicester phenomenon where players who are stuck on the bench are automatically better than those in the first team.

In reality he's too immature, he's a very limited player and he hasn't offered that much in games where he's played lately. Nowhere near ready to replace Mahrez, especially the Mahrez we've seen since Puel came in.

16 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Gray is absolutely nowhere near good enough to be playing week in, week out.

We found Mahrez for peanuts in the French second tier - who's to say we have to go out and spend 50-60 mill on a replacement?

it took how many years for Mahrez to develop to the level he is at now...

im all for developing youth but ultimately if we want to stay at the level we are operating at (pushing for 6th) we need players who have the ability right now and unfortunately that will cost money.

Edited by les-tah

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

it took how many years for Mahrez to develop to the level he is at now...

im all for developing youth but ultimately if we want to stay at the level we are operating at (pushing for 6th) we need players who have the ability right now and unfortunately that will cost money.

Worked out well with Musa, Slimani and Iheanacho hasn't it? 

Mahrez had his best season for us about 18 months after joining, and after one full season in the PL. We're never going to attract anyone who's at his level now, that's why he wants to leave - those kind of players want to play for Man City, PSG, Madrid, Barcelona etc.

I'd rather we spent a reasonable amount of money on a good up and coming player with potential. 

I don't think we NEED to buy anyone to cover Mahrez, prices are going to be way over inflated due to the time of the year and on deadline day.

It depends who they have scouted, but I'd much rather see us get in a good RB to improve on Simpson and Amartey, if there is any available.

But I'd be more than happy to wait until summer to reinvest that sweet, sweet Mahrez money.

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

He was truely rubbish in Monaco v Marseille this week. (#scoutingfrenchfooty). Anyway 6 points and we can sing 'we are staying up' 'cos thats it for this season. Holiday brochure time.

Is that the limit of your ambition?

Arsenal are stuttering - sixth is still realistic.

• Like 1

Clubs are looking at players all year round, and we’ll have loads in mind for all positions, especially RM, given Mahrez asked to leave 18months a go.

IF one of the options Puel likes is avaialable then I reckon we’ll sell and replace.

look at DD last Jan, selling him was last minute and shaky brought in Silva to replace him (registration balls up I know) so Puel/owners will have options.. we’ll sell if price is right and a replacement is available.

stating the obvious but worrying about finding a replacement in 24hrs is silly given we don’t have to sell. If we want to we will, but only if a decent replacement is available.

No way have the board sat round a table this morning and gone... “shit Riyad wants to leave.. what we going to do about it”. They would have been prepared for this scenario and even bought a new fax machine 

Edited by Fox seen in Norwich

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Wolves mate tells me he's heard we've asked about Helder Costa?

Don't know where he got that information from though as he isn't well informed or anything. 

he'd cost a small fortune you'd reckon... or wolves may be under pressure to sell?

Mahrez is going nowhere but at least there's a few potential options out there if he did.

Ben Arfa

Promes

Schurrle 

Those three have all been linked with moves away. If we went for a Prem player I'd like Shaqiri. Malcolm from Bordeaux would be a long shot but at least his asking price isn't ridiculous.

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah, sure. Hate your best player this season. Five goals, eight assists. Nothing special about him. Burn the witch.

Just take a look at watford forum mate... or perhaps you know the club better?

11 minutes ago, somebum said:

Just take a look at watford forum mate... or perhaps you know the club better?

Don't know which forum you're referring to, because there are several.

The ones that I've read have nothing but praise for his speed, skill, tackling and "tough man" approach to English football.

There are by far more construction sites at Watford, defense being one of them.

What he posted on Social Media following the sacking of Silva was somewhat stupid and probably done in the heat of the moment, but the lad's 20 and will have learnt his lesson.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Mahrez is going nowhere but at least there's a few potential options out there if he did.

Ben Arfa

Promes

Schurrle 

Those three have all been linked with moves away. If we went for a Prem player I'd like Shaqiri. Malcolm from Bordeaux would be a long shot but at least his asking price isn't ridiculous.

Schurrle is going to WBA apparently.

Well Ben Arfa is a lost forgotten man... let’s change that no matter what Mahrez does.... afterall he can play in the middle and on either wing and can do so if Mahrez moves or just sulks for a month...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/i-feel-i-dont-exist-leicester-city-target-hatem-ben-arfa-speaks-out-over-paris-saint%3famp