Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

51 minutes ago, Livid said:

Twelve times the size of Belvoir Drive, that's an awful lot of pitches, how much space do we actually need ?

I get there will be an indoor pitch, gym, medical & physio facilities, parking, pool etc but Man City's is only 80 acres.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30376774

We are massive!! :ranieri:

There was suggestions they might retain a 9 home home course, then there's always polo and horses but that could be for belvoir drive ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Just think we could have the best golf team in the Premier league.

Genuinely hope the members and staff at Parkhill have been able to find alternate course and jobs.Pity the club couldn't have found a 'greenfield' site in the area. 

They probably could but getting planning permission would be very difficult where as this is just a change of leisure activity hopefully.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Need plenty of land for the helipads.

Won't be long before the players start using them.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Good luck turning right onto the A46 from there. One of my most hated bits of road.

We should buy a Chinook.

Problem solved. 

On 2/4/2018 at 16:30, urban.spaceman said:

Claude Puel believes Leicester City’s plans to build a new £80million training ground are crucial for the future of the club.

As revealed by the Mercury this week, City have completed a deal to buy the former Park Hill Golf Club, near Loughborough, and drawn up plans to develop the 180-acre site into one of the best facilities in the country.

City have hired architects who have previously worked on Tottenham’s training ground as well as Liverpool’s stadium extension at Anfield, and Puel said he would be happy to get involved.

The City boss said he had travelled around Europe to help build training facilities at his former clubs Lille, Lyon and Nice.

“In my former clubs, always I build something,” said Puel. “I have a lot of information I can help with this. For me, it is important to have a good understanding between people in a new structure.

Puel is definitely an asset the club can rely on for this vast project. Domaine de Luchin, Lille's training centre, is 100% Claude Puel's brainchild and is widely acknowledged as one of the most modern training grounds in Europe.

1885-luchin1.JPG

1885-luchin2.JPG

• Like 2

Maybe part of the planning approval will include upgrading the junction with LCFC contributing to the cost especially if they build a mini stadium for the U23 etc which would increase and concentrate the traffic levels at certain times.

• Like 1

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread but here you go:

King Power Stadium To Host Public Consultations For New Training Facility

Leicester City supporters will have an opportunity to learn more about the Club’s proposed new state-of-the-art training facility in Charnwood at King Power Stadium on Saturday 3 March, 2018.

Flag waving at King Power Stadium

- Leicester City confirm a date for public consultation over plans for a new training facility 
- Plans for a new state-of-the-art facility in Charnwood were announced by the Club last month 
- A consultation will take place between 10am and 3pm at King Power Stadium on Saturday 3 March 
- Representatives from LCFC, Deloitte and KSS Design Group will be in attendance to discuss plans with the Leicester community

Ahead of the Premier League fixture against Bournemouth, representatives from the Football Club, project managers Deloitte and architects KSS Design Group will host an exhibition and discussion of site plans and strategy for the new facility – described by Vice-Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha as a ‘once in a generation opportunity’.

The views of Foxes fans are vital to the success of the project, with all members of the Leicester community invited to attend the exhibition outside the City Fanstore between 10am and 3pm. Along with the exhibition, there will be opportunities to ask questions about the Club’s plans for the site, which was previously occupied by Park Hill Golf Club and is a key element in King Power International’s long-term vision for the Football Club.

The informal consultation environment aims to provide supporters, residents and businesses with an opportunity to learn about and discuss the plans in as much detail as possible. The Club will also be reaching out to local people as it seeks to put its community at the heart of a project to provide Leicestershire with both a world-class sporting environment and community programmes to rival the best in the country.

In addition to the discussions at King Power Stadium, a questionnaire will also be available on tablet devices to complete on-site. Season Ticket Holders and Members will also be contacted directly to contribute their views on the Club’s plans.

Supporters will find the exhibition on the stadium site, directly outside the City Fanstore, open from 10am until 3pm.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Outside the fan store?

If only there was a huge indoor facility somewhere with enough room to house 100's if not 100's of people comfortably.

hmm that reminds me, I need some hundreds and hundreds for my baking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

They'll make an absolute fortune when they sell Belvoir drive. More houses. 

The land is worth £10m apparently. Nothing to the club, heard they may consider keeping the land just to put some offices for the club.