Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 A Post Match Thread

Looking at the MOTD highlights it looks like we were a bit unluckier than people have been making out: 1st goal was a dumb error, we hit the woodwork 3 times and it looked to me like Maguire should have had a free kick before the ref gave them the one that led to the 2nd goal.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looking at the MOTD highlights it looks like we were a bit unluckier than people have been making out: 1st goal was a dumb error, we hit the woodwork 3 times and it looked to me like Maguire should have had a free kick before the ref gave them the one that led to the 2nd goal.

We were pretty shit for long periods of that match. It wasn't as bad as some on here have made out (when is it?) but it was still crap.

• Like 1

That was a horrible performance. Started off ok and hit the woodwork early on but the individual mistakes made for both goals are the kind of thing you see down the local pub leagues. Could have been 4 down and ht and not because Everton played well as they didn't really do alot, we just insisted on giving them chances on a plate. Poor performance all round, really bad passing, lacking ideas and at times looked like we lacked effort. I can accept us losing as we know we can't win every game but I won't accept that level of performance. Thankfully we were only playing Everton as if we'd have played a half decent side we'd have been hammered. Walcott and Coleman were excellent, the rest of their team is bang average 

Just now, Webbo said:

We were pretty shit for long periods of that match. It wasn't as bad as some on here have made out (when is it?) but it was still crap.

Furry muff, either way I'm glad that instead of watching tonight's game I had to spend the night bowling (and beating the 2nd best team in the league!) and ripping into my Man City supporting mate about not being able to afford Mahrez's services. :D 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That was a horrible performance. Started off ok and hit the woodwork early on but the individual mistakes made for both goals are the kind of thing you see down the local pub leagues. Could have been 4 down and ht and not because Everton played well as they didn't really do alot, we just insisted on giving them chances on a plate. Poor performance all round, really bad passing, lacking ideas and at times looked like we lacked effort. I can accept us losing as we know we can't win every game but I won't accept that level of performance. Thankfully we were only playing Everton as if we'd have played a half decent side we'd have been hammered. Walcott and Coleman were excellent, the rest of their team is bang average 

That’s pretty much the game I saw too. You just know if we’d have scored the first goal the game was there for the taking, but daft errors were our downfall 

Looked pretty unlucky going off motd but doesn't mean we weren't poor.

I'm not really sure why we felt we didn't need to do any business, there's some very mediocre players getting in our 18 every week. I hope we were at least sniffing around for any quality becoming available.

Well if you compare our result, 2-1 loss AWAY to Everton in some shocking weather. 

To Chelsea’s 0-3 loss to Bournemouth at HOME. Where Conte acknowledges his team were disrupted by the window. He prepared for a team with Batshuayi.

I assume we prepared for Everton with Mahrez?

It doesn’t look too bad...

such a bizarre 90 minutes. can’t work out what was more mental, the fact they were actually pretty rubbish but should’ve won about 5-0, or the fact that we were atrocious, should’ve lost 5-0 yet still could’ve got something from the game. 

muck. 

• Like 2

I thought both our inexperienced FB's were at fault for the first. I'm not averse to Amartey coming inside to defend, he is good at that, but after his good intervention he shouldn't have hung around in the middle. Not saying it wasn't primarily Chilly's fault, but Daniel didn't cover himself in glory.

For the second Amartey was clearly being fouled when he attempted to clear, I saw it pretty clearly first time, so it is a pity the offiicials didn't spot it. No one else has mentioned it, so maybe it is just me.

The FB's have both been good over a run of games, so I'm not entirely surprised they have dropped a bit of a clanger, thats what you get with younger players, lets hope it's a wake up call for them both.

Albrighton fighting to get the ball back and Fuchs throw were highlights, but in general I thought we were a bit unlucky not to get something tonight.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

well i broke game into 3-4 parts.

1) mahraz cost us the win, he should have played, this is bullshit this last second i want out crap u signed a 4 year deal so unless the club says u can go then just get on with it.

2) this were i think puel falls down a lot , he let the game drag on and on he should made changes sooner.

3) 3 players were shit tonight, CHILLWELL should never play fullback again he is a complete liability at the back, good going forward but never again at the back. GRAY and i have said this many times the bloke is OVERATED we should have cashed in on him and brought WALCOTT would have been a much better player. AND I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT VARDY was why down tonight, unless he gets balls to run on to his touch is poor and he did not luck interested tonight, MAYBE THIS IS A RESULT OF THE MAHRAZ CRAP.

Started off bright and Everton couldn't get close to us, their fans were getting on the teams back and out of nowhere we decide to gift them two goals. 

Really poor from Chilwell for both goals. 

Everton have won that game without having to really do anything. We seemed determined to gift them goals. Just look at Maguire straight from kick off loses the ball and we were almost 3-0 down if it was not for a heavy touch. 

The whole team from 1-11 gave the ball away needlessly throughout. 

We are a side going through a substantial tactical change.

We have a very young side with limited experience.

We dominated for the first 15 and then got sloppy and confused, we want to play out from the back, but nerves and inexperience can affect that.

Think that Puel got it wrong with James and Ndidi, there HAS to be a place for Iborra or Silva

Kasper was out of sorts

Chillwell got caught and panicked lost his head for the game.

Drago was tidy but ineffective

Maguire was sluggish

Amartey didnt seem focussed

Gray was disappointing and is a long way from a RM replacement

Ndidi tried but inneffective

James lacks the creativity we need

Albrighton lacked accuracy

Vardy ran but had little service and didnt really offer a lot

Okazaki, perhaps his worst game for us?

Heads were all turned by the Mahrez situation, weather caused issues in playing out.....all in all, crap game. :( M

• Like 1

Really poor from what I saw, the last 10 minutes was terrible. Got easily wound up by the time wasting in what was a angry performance all round. 

Big Sam killed us with the double sub that took 5 minutes. 

Should have had another penalty when Sigurdsson was on his knees holding someone, before iheanacho hit the post. 

Well we really stunk the place up there for about 60 mins of that match. I’m sure someone is to blame :ph34r:

Pretty much no one playing well (maybe Drago and Amartey in part), but mistakes all over the pitch. Gray is not a replacement for Mahrez, Chilwell - well, the less said the better.

Is this really what we look like without Mahrez, or just another Crystal Palace/Watford type banana skin?