Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

First match of the new year for me, and so itching to see Silva play. I definitely want to see Nacho in there (controversially maybe ahead of Vardy - he is our in from striker at the moment). I would also put Mahrez in to make it clear its business as per normal. 

Let's not just play the same team in the league that Claude has been doing! Let's mix it up a bit, Play Silva from the start, let us see what he can do!  get kalechi and Diabate ingrained into the first team. these squad players need to be hungry and show what they can do and make themselves undropable for the next game!

14 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Fuchs

Ndidi Iborra

Mahrez Silva Diabate

Vardy

What I would go with too.

After the circus of the last 48 hours we were always going to lose against Everton. I just hope the disruption has settled down a bit.

Whether Mahrez is included or not, he'll have trained and the rest of the squad will have had the chance to clear the air with him at least. I think we'll be a bit more focused and I'm glad we're at home. Even though they've found a bit of form, if we play well, we'll beat Swansea.

So many people calling for Iheanacho to start and then putting him in behind Vardy! This clearly doesn't work. I would love to see him play more often but the fact is while Vardy & Okazaki are fit he won't be starting in the league. It's a dilemma because he looks to be regaining confidence and is clearly a very natural finisher. His game isn't to be the one doing all the mental charging about like a wasp on Red Bull. Now he is looking confident again I see him as a great option to come off the bench, what defence is going to want to face him after being abused by the energy and pace of Vardy & Okazaki?! 

I would also start with Mahrez, that's if we can find him. The rest of the squad won't stand for his mopping about and he will realise that no other club are going to be interested in a player that seemingly downs tools when he isn't getting what he wants.

:scarf:

I'm surprised at people wanting to start Diabate so soon

Kelechi looked better when he came on yesterday.  I think he's getting closer, learning more of what he needs to be doing and we will hopefully start playing him more

I also wouldnt want to completely rule out him playing up top with/behind Vardy yet

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'm surprised at people wanting to start Diabate so soon

Kelechi looked better when he came on yesterday.  I think he's getting closer, learning more of what he needs to be doing and we will hopefully start playing him more

I also wouldnt want to completely rule out him playing up top with/behind Vardy yet

For me personally it's about Albrighton and Gray being in horrendous form rather than Diabate being good enough to start.

I'd let the kid have a go and express himself in a cushty home game.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, FoxInBlue said:

So many people calling for Iheanacho to start and then putting him in behind Vardy! This clearly doesn't work. I would love to see him play more often but the fact is while Vardy & Okazaki are fit he won't be starting in the league. It's a dilemma because he looks to be regaining confidence and is clearly a very natural finisher. His game isn't to be the one doing all the mental charging about like a wasp on Red Bull. Now he is looking confident again I see him as a great option to come off the bench, what defence is going to want to face him after being abused by the energy and pace of Vardy & Okazaki?! 

I would also start with Mahrez, that's if we can find him. The rest of the squad won't stand for his mopping about and he will realise that no other club are going to be interested in a player that seemingly downs tools when he isn't getting what he wants.

:scarf:

When in the blazing hell did he ever down the tools? Where came this nonsense from? From the daily mail comment section?

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

When in the blazing hell did he ever down the tools? Where came this nonsense from? From the daily mail comment section?

Sorry, I didn't word that well at all. I am not saying he has ever downed tools but the 'experts' in the media reckon that's what could happen. What i meant was there is little use in him doing that (if that's what he decided to do) as it would surely hinder any chance of a dream move. It was somewhat rushed on my part, I'm at work :ph34r:

Silva for James, Mahrez for Gray, if possible. James I think struggled and could probably do with a game off here.

That back four had been fine for a few games before yesterday. Willing to pass it as a bad day at the office.

1 minute ago, FoxInBlue said:

Sorry, I didn't word that well at all. I am not saying he has ever downed tools but the 'experts' in the media reckon that's what could happen. What i meant was there is little use in him doing that (if that's what he decided to do) as it would surely hinder any chance of a dream move. It was somewhat rushed on my part, I'm at work :ph34r:

If he does it (which I seriously doubt) then he's a fool. and yes you're right it won't help his case. Thing is he could face a disciplinary procedure for not turning up at the training. Was certain that he'd start against Swansea, not so optimistic now.

I'm also at work :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

If he does it (which I seriously doubt) then he's a fool. and yes you're right it won't help his case. Thing is he could face a disciplinary procedure for not turning up at the training. Was certain that he'd start against Swansea, not so optimistic now.

I'm also at work :ph34r:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did face some kind of discipline and it would be fully deserved. He knew handing in (another) a transfer request so late would cause issues. No matter how much you might want a move, going against a contract he has signed is bang out of order. I hope that the players that know him well and played alongside him for so long will get round him and make him see sense. It's in his best interest to play well. 

Hopefully Mahrez can go straight in and all the talk of dressing room fallouts was blown out of proportion.

Kasper

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Fuchs

James

Ndidi

Mahrez

Silva

Diabate

Iheanacho

Subs:

Hamer, Simpson, Chilwell, Gray, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy

I'd be tempted to go with Iheanacho, starting to get some confidence and Swansea are going to be organised and hard to break down. Silva in for Okazaki to add creativity.

10 minutes ago, FoxInBlue said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did face some kind of discipline and it would be fully deserved. He knew handing in (another) a transfer request so late would cause issues. No matter how much you might want a move, going against a contract he has signed is bang out of order. I hope that the players that know him well and played alongside him for so long will get round him and make him see sense. It's in his best interest to play well. 

I don't think that's the problem. The offense lies more in not wanting to train the day before the game and a sanction would be understable. Still want him to Play against Swansea though.

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hopefully Mahrez can go straight in and all the talk of dressing room fallouts was blown out of proportion.

Kasper

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Fuchs

James

Ndidi

Mahrez

Silva

Diabate

Iheanacho

Subs:

Hamer, Simpson, Chilwell, Gray, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy

I'd be tempted to go with Iheanacho, starting to get some confidence and Swansea are going to be organised and hard to break down. Silva in for Okazaki to add creativity.

Quite like the look of that line up, but nay have to go with Albrighton (or Gray) instead of Mahrez, JV definitely earned (and needs) a rest

Chilwell, albrighton, Okazaki and gray all deserved to be dropped after Wednesday game.

The lack of quality from these was astounding, others deserve a go.

Would replace James, not that he played that bad, but slows us down going forward, and I think we have better options.

i would go

Kasper

amartey.     Draga.     Maguire.      Fuchs.

mahrez.   Silva/ Iborra .    Nididi.   Diabate

Nacho

Vardy  

Just **** everything up. 

Kasper

Amartey Dragović maguire 

Albrighton                    chilwell

Ndidi        silva

Iborra 

Nacho       Vardy 

No need for a pissy Mahrez or invisible gray. Load the box, stick the ball in it. Waste of time crossing the ball with only Vardy in there.